Mike Morse Law Firm

Mike Morse Law Firm Employee Reviews

I have worked for The Mike Morse Law Firm for over 10 years. It is a great place to work, with great people and staff. Everyone works to help each other and help our clients. Outstanding customer service always comes first. The executive team is good at accommodating people’s personal needs. Whether it is working from home, or making accommodations for family emergencies, they will help to get you what you need. Overall, it is a good environment, providing a valuable service and the compensation is great. If you are willing to work hard, The Mike Morse Law Firm is a good place for you.
A typical day was spent bending over backwards for ridiculous demands, when you weren't trying to find tasks to fill your day. Many not having much purpose other than for the sake of doing them. I was able to branch out into quite a few departments, however each were unsuccessful due to lack of training. Management expects you to know it all within the first few days, and if you make any mistakes expect to be reamed. There is not enough staff to train you, and many training areas are now storage spaces for commercial props. Three to four people to an office is not unusual. My first two years with the company I did not receive the performance review as you are supposed to. I was not looked at for an increase in pay for more than two years. My department did not have meetings with our supervisors as they were scheduled. We were regularly left to our own devices until something went wrong. In which case, we would be talked down to and treated like children by a supervisor who maybe spent 5-10 minutes in the space a week at best.Workplace culture can be very vicious here. I have seen many people come and go simply because they did not feel they fit in. This is a very sorority/fraternity like workplace. If you are not an executive or an attorney, do not expect people to respond when saying "hello" or when holding doors open for them. This was a daily occurrence with people I have worked with for the better half of a decade. I did not feel a connection with about 95% of my coworkers, and that's simply because they refuse to acknowledge you as a human being. Expect a mess in the - more...
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Poor training, management, and treatment of support staff.
Best lawyers and staff that I have worked with throughout my career. The people are great and we truly value our clients. You will work hard, but success is rewarded.
The Mike Morse Law Firm is a great place to work. I won when I landed this job! There is plenty of work to keep you busy. The lawyers are helpful and they collaborate to best serve our clients. The exec team continues to move the firm forward and inform the employees, along the way, which is a breath of fresh air. The culture is great, because the people are great.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
As a husband and father of two children work life balance and fair compensation are hugely important to me. Mike delivers these to his employees. Additionally the environment is an inclusive environment, where all attorneys are reached out to on all issues in the cases being handled and issues facing the firm. I have never worked for a company that asked for the employees' opinions as often and on so many different issues than I have at the Mike Morse law firm. The work is exhilarating, challenging and I feel like I am constantly learning and being allowed to discover new areas. I have worked with Mike Morse and our amazing team going on seven years and I remain very satisfied in my role at the Mike Morse Law Firm.
Mike Morse Law Firm is a wonderful place to work. If you are a hardworker, they value you as a person and do everything they can to make sure that you are effective and happy as an employee. I am able to work fully from home as an attorney, and the firm has made it extremely streamlined and easy for me to complete my legal writing from home.
While there are many positive aspects of being an attorney at the Mike Morse Law Firm, there are three that I will highlight in this review: 1) Transparency 2) Attorney Development, and 3) Commitment to quality people. The executive team emphasizes transparency in leadership. If you've ever had a job or internship where you have no idea how the company is doing or what their intentions are week to week, month to month, etc., then you'll appreciate MMLF's level of transparency. We have quarterly firm-wide meetings where the entire state of the firm is laid out for all to know. In addition, if you have questions or concerns or just want to know where you stand, employees are encouraged to speak with their executive leader. New ideas are welcomed, and solicited by the exec team, especially Mike Morse. Attorney development is basically the firm's driving force of retention. Personal injury litigation is not just about being well versed in tort law, the best must have a serious competitive drive to improve, the ability to think creatively, and they must excel in sales/negotiations. For those who want to be trial attorneys, the firm spends a lot of time and money on attorney development, if you want to learn, and show the ability to learn, they will invest into that desire. Commitment to quality people means recognizing when a great person might not be a perfect fit for the role you originally hired them for. Mike and his team have created a type of firm where the focus is finding the right people, and then setting out to put them in the right seat. While employed here, - more...
I have worked for the Mike Morse Law Firm for over 10 years as a trial lawyer. I love my job. We are very focused on helping our clients through very difficult times in their lives. The firm culture is outstanding. Everyone works together to reach our goals and to do the best job for our clients.
One of my favorite things about the firm is that everyone is willing to pitch in and help. Whether you have a specific question, want strategy guidance, value guidance, need something covered, need help writing something etc, there will be people willing to help out. The better each individual part is, the stronger the whole. That being said, it is a hard job. if you want to do well you will need to work hard, try hard, and be willing to put yourself out there. You must be kind, patient, understanding, and able to explain what is going on to your clients. You will be expected to follow the policies of the firm. Since it is a large firm, there is a lot of oversight. This can feel overbearing, but it does prevent things from slipping between the cracks. Since this is a fast-paced firm, there does need to be consistency to make sure each client is getting appropriate reviews, calls, and followups. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a client that feels safe and trusts you to look out for them. They trust you to fight for them and to guide them to their best results. Our clients are usually a ship in a storm - they are dealing with a lot all at once and don't know which way to go, we get to be their lighthouse. It is an important role. If you think you can do this, then you should work here, we would be happy to have you!
A great employer to work for! They provide efficient and consistent training, a very competitive salary and benefits, a supportive team culture, and plenty of opportunity for advancement and to learn!
I worked at the firm back in 2011-2012 and only left because I moved out of state. When I returned to Michigan, I was welcomed back with open arms! This time around I have been at the firm for close to four years now, and have worked in a few different roles - this company wants the right people in the right seats and have made sure that I am happy with my position here. I can see how much the company and culture have grown in the last 9 years and how they take employee satisfaction very seriously. We even have fun little FitBit (step) competitions through the year and other chances to win cool prizes like gift cards or Pistons tickets! The executives know everyone's name, and Mike is always sure to say hi when you see him around the office - you don't see that at every company!
I have been at the firm for almost 2 years in total and have really enjoyed my time here. The Accounting team has a tight knit relationship and welcomed me with open arms. The firm is very fast paced, but I have never felt overwhelmed by the workload. Management has always been helpful, and I have never felt intimidated if work was lagging behind. After about 18 months with the firm, I was offered, and accepted, a Finance position at a local utility company. The prospect of a company that could offer career advancement and more enticing retirement options, led me to make the change. However, after several months elsewhere, I just couldn't shake the fast paced, high energy culture at MMLF. After talking with management about returning, I was once again welcomed with open arms. The firm was also able to compete, compensation wise, with a Fortune 500 utility which was great! A high energy, fast paced work culture is not for everyone, but I personally prefer that over counting the minutes until the workday is over.
One thing I love the most about working for the Mike Morse Law Firm is the collaborative and helpful atmosphere it creates. The firm has a great balance between maintaining high volume clientele and an enjoyable work space. I enjoy what I do here as a paralegal and enjoy working with hardworking attorneys as well as being able to help clients each and every day.
This is such a great place to work. The people that work here care about one another. Everyone is so approachable and kind. I look forward to coming in and helping someone in their time of need and that is the goal for everyone in our office. I am proud to tell everyone that I work for The Mike Morse Law Firm because we are always looking for more ways to help, not only our clients, and employees but the community in general. I have learned so much since I started here just 3 years ago. From the moment you step foot in our office you will feel welcomed and cared for. This is the best job I have ever had and I love coming here to get the job done. If you care about helping others then this is the place for you. Here you will feel like you are part of a Family. I don't have co-workers I have friends.
I have been working at the Mike Morse Law Firm for about 3 years and it’s a great place to work. It is very fast paced and there is a level of stress like at any law firm but the environment is very family like and makes it easy to go with the fast pace. They are very flexible if you have a family and that’s just not something you find everywhere.
Pros
Flexibility, Pay, Snacks, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Some stress, you need to be able to work in a fast paced environment
It is with great enthusiasm that I recommend the Mike Morse Law Firm as a place of employment. I have been employed with the firm for approximately 3 years. I am constantly amazed by the work product and outstanding results produced by this firm. Further, I appreciate how much the firm truly cares about employee morale. I would highly recommend the Mike Morse Law Firm as an employer.
In a typical day I interact with a variety of people ranging from other attorneys to insurance adjusters and no two days are ever the same. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving our clients while working with great colleagues.
Pros
Flexibility in hours, staff activities, and great training
I have worked at the Mike Morse Law Firm for 6 years and I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. They offer competitive pay and good bonuses. The other employees here are great and always seem friendly and helpful. Other posts warn about management, but I have always felt like the upper management truly cares about each employee. If you don’t want to work hard and don’t care about your work-product, then this job isn’t for you. However, if you want to excel at your job and help clients, then I would highly recommend it!
Pros
great firm-wide and team outings
The Mike Morse Law Firm is a great place to work. The management team is amazing and they are family oriented both professionally and personally. The firm is a place where one can by garnering experience with different Pods and learning interchangeable skills. My experience with the firm has been transformational. I have learned a great deal about Personal Injury Protection Insurance. They provided me with excellent training and I have received two promotions. The firm recognizes employees who make an effort to "Go the Extra Mile" or "GEM"s. I was recognized as the GEM for providing training to new employees. The Mike Morse Law Firm has a top notch culture of not only caring for clients but employees as well. I'm proud to be an employee here at the firm. I went for"the win" when I joined.
Pros
Snacks, Great Christmas party, Potlucks
Having worked at the Mike Morse Law Firm for several years, I can honestly say it has been the most rewarding job I’ve ever had as well as the most demanding. We aren’t making widgets here – our clients come to us at the worst point in their lives, injured and often unable to work and with medical bills piling up. Systemically, the insurance companies delay paying benefits to try to force people to “shut up, stop trying to get better, and just go back to work and stop costing them money.” When our clients place their trust in us and with so much at stake, there is always more that can be done – an extra step that can be taken to make sure we “get the win” for them. That doesn’t come without some degree of stress and pressure. I’ve found that if you’re going to do this job right, at times you will need to put in some early, late, or weekend hours. But getting an insurance company to pay a client’s wage loss so they can pay their rent and put food on the table or handing a client a settlement check and letting them know that all their medical bills have been paid – it just doesn’t get any better than that. If you’re looking for a place to work where you’ll be challenged and be able to make a difference in people’s lives– the Mike Morse Law Firm might be the place for you. If you want to punch in and punch out and be out the door by 4:45 and not think about work again until 9:00 the next day – the Mike Morse Law Firm probably won’t be a good fit for you. Yes, there are systems and processes in place that you will need to follow. Those systems and processes have made the - more...
Pros
Great co-workers, rewarding work, snacks
Cons
Fast paced, deadlines inherent in legal work
I have worked at Mike Morse for over 7 years now and couldnt be happier! It is the best place I have ever worked and is everything I could ask for and more. I highly recommend joining our team!!