Mike Morse Law Firm

Mike Morse Law Firm insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Great place to work with excellent and supportive leadership team!

I am so happy to be working for a company that is so supportive of their staff and their individual needs. The leadership team is committed to helping each team member grow as an individual in their position and makes sure each person is in the right job. I feel proud to work for a company (and Michael as an individual) who does so much for the community. Not only do they support the schools with Project Backpack, they also do a diaper collection, support the animal shelter and many other projects to help those in need. The Mike Morse Law Firm also does a lot of fun things for their staff. There are staff lunches, outings and even family events for us all to come together outside of work and relax and enjoy each others company.This is a great place to work and I am so happy to say that I am an employee at this firm.

Productive, challenging, and rewarding!

Working for the firm for many years, I am proud of the firm’s accomplishment providing all the necessary tools and state of the art technology for productive work even through the pandemic. With a big docket things can be a bit challenging at times but hard worker is rewarded! Through out the years, the executive team continued to make improvements and changes for the benefit of the firm and employees.

Connected, Engaging, Rewarding, Family Fun

I've been at the firm for 10 months and I instantly felt like I belong and even through the COVID training and work experience. Everyone is so friendly, out going, and smart. I've never worked at a law firm that provides a family environment amongst co-workers and management. i look forward to going to work every morning. Leadership values their staff greatly and are constantly showing their appreciation throughout the work day.

Pros

life work balance

A Great Place to Work!

Since I began working at Mike Morse Law Firm, I have grown to thoroughly appreciate my job, fellow co-workers, as well as work place ethics and traditions. When I first started I was amazed at the fact that Mike Morse and the Management Team cared so much about the well-being of the employees that they allowed and encouraged employees to participate in weekly meditation provided by a mobile meditation business right in the parking lot of the law firm. On Wednesdays, we enjoyed lunch catered by various restaurants and it was a time to break bread with fellow employees (if you had time, lol) or just have a nice lunch in your office. There was no need to go to a vending machine for snacks, because they were provided, free of charge, in the breakroom. The people that work here are always willing to help, by offering assistance or pointing you in the right direction. There is great flexibility in work hours and working remotely is an option. And for me, being given the opportunity to help our clients during what can be, a very difficult time in their lives, is a very rewarding and heartwarming experience.

Pros

Flexibility in work hours and option to work remotely

Cons

None for me

Great place to work! Great atmosphere, fun job and is an amazing place to work!

This law firm is an amazing place to work! They are incredibly supportive, caring, and hardworking. They follow their culture to a key and are always trying to help our clients and the community. This is an amazing place to work.

Pros

Co-workers, Atmosphere, Environment, and caring executives

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Great work place

Management is always willing to help out and clearly cares about their employees and their families. Co- workers are amazing and always ready to lend a helping hand.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Not really a con, but very fast paced work environment

Mike Wins in my book

This is a family-oriented, team player place to work. You are always reminded there is help if you need it and to not be afraid to ask questions. We have great employees and bosses! We have parties, luncheons, meetings that feel like parties :) Best place to work, I only wish I had started here many moons ago. I have never been happier in a job.

Pros

free snacks, pto, start/end time options, remote options, work hybrid

Cons

I have none!

Amazing Place to Work

I think the the biggest reason this is such a great place to work is that Mike truly cares about running his business both ethically and profitably, which to him means taking care of his people and clients first, and that attitude flows from the top down. I never felt like I would have a problem bringing an issue that I had to management, so long as I was operating by the core values of the firm: dedication to winning, hard work, outstanding customer service, loyalty to the firm and its clients, excellent reputation, and great work. The best compliment I can pay is that the executives try as hard as I do to live by these core values.

Pros

Great coworkers, occasional free lunches, staff get-togethers, the prestige of working for one of the best and biggest firms in Michigan.

Cons

Law practice requires multitasking, odd hours, crunch, and occasionally cranky clients. The cons aren't going to be less conny anywhere else.

Great Coworkers

One of the best things about working at the MMLF is the great people there. I absolutely love working with my team! We support each other professionally and personally. As a bill gatherer, I feel valued by our pod leader; I know my role is important to the team.

Great People and Rewarding Cases

The most enjoyable part of working at the Mike Morse law firm is the people. Management, fellow employees, and (usually) clients are all wonderful people.

Amazing place to work. Great atmosphere, and they care about their employees

I have been with this firm for close to 10 years now and the changes they have made along the way to keep the employees happy from great healthcare benefits to keeping us all in the loop on company decisions is outstanding. Not only do they make that effort they also give you a chance to progress in the company and learn hands on in whatever you are interested in. This firm is way ahead of its time with progress and the general health and wellness of its employees and business. Just a great and healthy environment for learning and growth. GREAT place to work.

Pros

Free lunches, awesome management, Learning opportunities, Never bored

Great law firm dedicated to winning

The workplace is full of people who are friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated to winning. The team really cares about their clients. As a young attorney, I could not ask for better mentors to learn from!

Not just a job, but a family!

I have only been an employee for a few months. So far, I love it! I feel appreciated and valued. MMLF has proven to care about my personal and professional needs. There is an open door policy overall and everyone is willing to listen to what needs to be said. The core values of MMLF are strong and in effect! Proud to be an employee of this firm.MMLF cares, even more, about it's clients. We are very empathetic to their health and needs and we strive to do what is absolutely best for our clients.

Pros

Family atmosphere, decent benefit package, work/life balance

Cons

Building is too cold in the summer time. No 401k matching.

Fast paced but rewarding

There is never a dull moment when handling personal injury cases. The work is often fast paced and can be stressful but it is very rewarding to have a chance to help people. You will use and develop a wide skill set as you deal with ever changing issues and challenges.

Pros

Good benefits, free snacks

Great Opportunity

I have really enjoyed working at this firm so far. The culture is positive, my mentor has been extremely helpful, and I have the flexibility and work/life balance I have always wanted. I am excited about my job, and I feel both challenged and rewarded by it. A great place to work overall.

A Great Place To Work

I’ve been with The Mike Morse Law Firm for over 10 years, and plan to be here for many many more. I’m very proud of the work that we do for both our clients and the community. My fellow employees are more than just co-workers, they are family. Great pay, benefits, and management who truly care. If you're looking for a career in the legal field, look no further.

Great First Job!

This is my first job out of college and I love it so far! Everyone is so nice and has been very welcoming. I have learned a lot being here so far and have grown as a person and a professional in the process! I can't wait to see what the future here holds!

Pros

Internal events, luncheons, free snacks!!!

Smiling Faces with people eager to help

Everyone is always willing to help! Most people will keep their door open if you need something. Management is always guiding me and asking what else i need to succeed. I never feel like I'm alone here! I never feel scared to go ask for help.

Pros

free snacks, lunches, coffee

Enriching, Collaborative, Vibrant

An extremely enriching, collaborative environment full of friendly colleagues and management. The management truly cares for career development and personal growth and fosters a vibrant workplace culture.

Pros

Friendly colleagues

Great Place to be!

Family and Team atmosphere makes it a great place to work and grow. The culture starts from the top with Mike Morse and the entire team exudes that same vibe. I am blessed and happy to be a part of such an amazing team that goes above and beyond for their employees and more importantly their clients. This is a forever career, not just a job that pays the bills.

Pros

Pay, Growth, Training, Culture and flexibility

Cons

there are none at this time.

Many empty promises. Set up to fail with minimal attention to training.

A typical day was spent bending over backwards for ridiculous demands, when you weren't trying to find tasks to fill your day. Many not having much purpose other than for the sake of doing them. I was able to branch out into quite a few departments, however each were unsuccessful due to lack of training. Management expects you to know it all within the first few days, and if you make any mistakes expect to be reamed. There is not enough staff to train you, and many training areas are now storage spaces for commercial props. Three to four people to an office is not unusual. My first two years with the company I did not receive the performance review as you are supposed to. I was not looked at for an increase in pay for more than two years. My department did not have meetings with our supervisors as they were scheduled. We were regularly left to our own devices until something went wrong. In which case, we would be talked down to and treated like children by a supervisor who maybe spent 5-10 minutes in the space a week at best.Workplace culture can be very vicious here. I have seen many people come and go simply because they did not feel they fit in. This is a very sorority/fraternity like workplace. If you are not an executive or an attorney, do not expect people to respond when saying "hello" or when holding doors open for them. This was a daily occurrence with people I have worked with for the better half of a decade. I did not feel a connection with about 95% of my coworkers, and that's simply because they refuse to acknowledge you as a human being. Expect a mess in the -

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Poor training, management, and treatment of support staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mike Morse Law Firm. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4