Milan Institute of Cosmetology

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Positions Pay needs to be reviewed

The lack of pay and raises is horrible. Certain departments that should be considered important because without it everything will not function correctly. All that we do and be so underpaid. While other departments get paid way more and do minimal work. Unacceptable

could be better

it was ok when i first began working there and then realized that the company really does not care as much for its employees or students as they claim.

Cons

unfair pay

horrible

If you are of color or speak up for yourself and those around you.. You're DONE. They aren't clean, and only care about NUMBERS. Students mean NOTHING! The studets are what keep most employees there.

Pros

Seeing the students succeed.

Cons

EVERYTHING ese

you must love what you do

To work here you must love what you do. other instructors are not fun to work with. But teaching is rewarding and the hours are not bad at all. It is what you make of it.

So unorganized

So unorganized. The students are unhappy due to FA issues that have been a part of the school for a really long time. Which in turn makes it difficult to do the task at hand. Most employees are not qualified for their positions.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Great people like family

I'm a student here and I love the staff. The instructors are there for you, help you when you need it. Help you understand and help when you dont think you can do it

Bad managment bad coworkers

Upper management is okay but they are constantly lied to by the directors. There is no sense of unity. If you truly love to help students this isn't the place to work. They are about numbers. The owner is cheap the buildings need a lot if work and they don't buy supplies.

Milan Institute Of Cosmetology

I absolutely love the Milan Institute of Cosmetology team. One of my most favorite places I've ever worked besides for my own business. I've gain an immense amount of knowledge to then help teach my students exceed standard education. The education at Milan is Outstanding, no other school holds a comparison. The pay NEEDS to increase, the cost of living has increased by 400%, wages need to reflect the inflation.

Would not recommend anybody to pursue their education at this institution.

Very unprofessional, incompetent, dishonest management and employees. Only interest is to lie to students and families to get them to enroll. No room for advancement, very low salary with no increase, but they do expect you to meet all their deadlines.

For profit Horrible

This school is on HCM2 status which is not a good status to be with the Department of Education. This is the status that often gets schools shut down completely. Campus director was horrible. A true liar and a very pro admissions person and does not respect financial aid at all. Admissions is very unethical. Management still has not learned their lesson.

Amazing

Milan takes the time to train and educate in the field you are entering. Really enjoyed working for students who are ready to further their education by entering a field they love.

Depending on the manager, its a great place to work

In the end I had a horrible experience with my boss. She was transferred in and did not handle the stress of the job correctly nor manage the school in the manner she should have.

Worst place I've ever worked in my life!

Unorganzied joke of a Corporation and school overall. Zero communication, behind the scene scandals on a daily, high turnover rates, poor pay, enormous work load, zero team efforts, no one takes responsibility for their actions or lack thereof, and those poor students! They are charged thousands of dollars for junk, unprofessional products, little direction and little hands on assistance. Total ripoff and a joke to even cal themselves a Corporation. The place is falling apart, cockroaches in break rooms, the cieling leaks when its raining, the air conditioner is broken almost every summer. Save yourself many health issues and seek other hiring companies. Milan Bakersfield is a NIGHTMARE!

Pros

Cons

Everything about the place

I love this school

It was such a great experience I recommend this school to anyone willing to put their time into doing Esthetician as a career or cosmetology. They also help you look into different career opportunities.

Ask too much and don’t pay

Nothing is ever the same. Micromanage no one is willing to help one another. Management is a joke! The instructors get the bad end of the stick on everything. They are always being blamed no matter what happened.

Pros

Benefits, paid vacation and sick time

Cons

Bad management

It was a great learning exsperience

I learned a lot and truly enjoyed my time there witnessing a bunch of talented and colorful people. It was great and everyone was so nice. Plus great discounts.

Pros

learning experience, discounts

Cons

externship

It was a great learning experience and something I have never done before so it was exciting. Everyone was full of charter and talents. I got to see how it was running the front desk and how it would be to work at a saloon.

Pros

it was a great learning exsperience

Cons

It was only externship

Good company

I was a student there they have a good working and learning environment. The teachers are highly trained and you can learn a lot with hands on experience.

Pros

Learning on the job

Cons

Need more instruction

Not a good place to work

Poorly ran corporation. Executive team refers to and treats staff as subordinates which was a huge moral booster. The standards that are expected are almost impossible to accomplish due to Management and Corporate being on different pages. Students are pushed through classes with poor performance and lack of professionalism and not held responsible for their actions. Benefits were stripped away because lack of profitably due to the company"s finamcial aid being under scrutiny from the department of education.

Pros

Assisting students was rewarding

Cons

High turn over/ no room for growth/

hate the way it was runned

i will never go there again they were not good with communication or my needs to succeed staff was unorganized did not keep track of my paperwork and made me have to re do all my progress

stressful

stresful, unorganized, no consistancy, lack of products. students left to basically fend for themselves. very hi employee turn over rate even in this economy.

Pros

being able to create

Cons

lack of direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milan Institute of Cosmetology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Milan Institute of Cosmetology