Milan Institute Employee Reviews

Interesting Work Enviroment
Esthetics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milan Institute Boise IdSeptember 4, 2019
Loved the Instructors. Everyone who worked at the location I worked at is wonderful. Corporate and owner are disingenuous at best. Messed with the pay, and benefits as well as no support for Instructors.
Unbelieveable
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 4, 2019
Former student who became an instructor and this job was horrible. Finances were always tight, was forced to provide supplies from my personal finances in order to make sure my students were covered in class. Management was awful, had their own agenda, and didn't support you as an instructor. The campus was ALWAYS filthy and because of financial issues for the company, janitorial services, maintenance services, technical services, etc, were never handled, mainly because the company lacked the finances to pay for everything and bills were so overdue that companies flat out refused to work with Milan. If we needed/wanted something for work, we had to provide it ourselves. Administration had no problems with adding more and more requirements, increased work load for both students and instructors, and constantly adding "policies" which never came to fruition, but kept getting tossed in our face. Students would complain about issues regarding administration, the campus, or supplies and as an instructor, I had nothing I was able to say or do for them, except to apologize.
Student
Student (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NV 89434August 5, 2019
I attended Milan Institute as a student i don't know why i got asked questions as if i was an employee. I took vitals from my peers and got the best education from my instructor. Got coached when giving injections and drawing blood. As well as working with bodily fluids in the lab. Best days ever at Milan Institute.
Stressful environment
Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 1, 2019
I was a Career Services Coordinator working with the students was great but Management was awful. Micro management on a daily basis and was expected to find jobs for students in an economy that was in the dumps!
Personally, I enjoyed it
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 28, 2019
The people I worked with were great. We worked as a team, we got things done, all friendly, etc.
The large corporation portion of it sucked. To corporate, you're just a number. The immediate management was great and cared, but the corporate level didn't seem to give a hoot about their employees.
Students were... ok. I always had 1-2 students that were a huge hassle, causing drama, etc. My first and last managers were great about handling it, always siding with their employee and never giving in to it, but the in-between were the opposite which made it hard. One time, I had a dean that told me that if a student falls asleep to send them home (night classes) and I did just that. She complained and I got yelled at for following his directions. So, hit and miss.
Excellent learning environment for students and staff
Dental Assisting Instructor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 17, 2019
An excellent environment for post secondary vocational schooling. Most of the time a joy to be there. Director is excellent and very invested in the students and staff
No Comment
8 months Part-time (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 12, 2019
More Management Support, needs to be more organized and structured adequately in order to accommodate both morning and evening staff. Otherwise it's ok.
Re:
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 8, 2019
Working for this company was great. I enjoyed the staff that I worked with. During my time of employment I gained more skills and improved on some of the weaknesses that I had.
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Milan, MIJuly 2, 2019
There was not too much room for advancement because there were employees that had seniority and wasnt going anywhere. I were barely able to learn any new skills to advance. For the reason the longer working employees were think in ng tiu would try and replace them
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hrs a month
Toxic Environment
Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2019
You have to be the Directors favorite in order to be appreciated. Seeing student fail due to lack of management and carelessness is sickening. Toxic Management at the Ingram Campus. Would not recommend unless you want health issues.
Benefits
Cons
Not worth the benefits
Chance to help people affect their future
Dean (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 20, 2019
A chance to give people skills to work in a field of their choice that cant necessarily affor a four or two year degreee. Hands on training and support.
Pros
variety
Productive and fast pasted
Register (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 19, 2019
It was a very fast job. We had a lot of students and customers to take care of daily. I enjoyed working the with students and the customers. Seeing the students learn the new the new profession was exciting and being a pat of that made my job great.
Pros
Students and customers
Cons
Lunch was to long. I like a 30 minute lunch
satisfied
Career Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 18, 2019
Pretty high paced on a daily basses. Must always request permission to complete daily tasks. I have to work at 2 campuses on a weekly basses and I'm responsible for 3 programs
Poor
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 9, 2019
I was let go in 2013 the management was very bias and had no room for anything there were 5 great instructors terminated due to not being in line with the Company
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management and corporate
Fun workplace
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 5, 2019
Shows us how to use people skills and how to communicate with others and plus it shows us that we have to be friendly to everybody even if there not friendly with us
Poor management, instructors don’t Motivate students.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 28, 2019
Only worried about making money. Don’t provide students with supplies to work on clients, unprofessional environment and instructors do a poor job at keeping students intrigued in program. campus needs a lot of upgrades and maintenance.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work.
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 11, 2019
When everyone is focused on the bottom line of this Buisness, it’s such a great place to work. Family oriented and owned buisness. Fantastic Director! It was a great work place; for opportunities, to learn new skills and build healthy work relationships!
Pros
Benefits and ESOP
Learning
Massage Therapist/Internship (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 17, 2019
I was a student at Milan institute studying massage therapy I did work on actual patients and received tips so that is why I put compensation as a one star but I did learn a lot going to school there so I would recommend this school to anyone looking to get into massage therapy medical assisting or cosmetology
Awful management
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Management is a joke. They just care about enrolling students, they really don't care about the success of the students or their staff. They are unorganized, make up their own rules as they go and when problems arise management let us know that they have bills to pay and will not put their jobs on the line for employees....If they would just train employees properly and stop manipulating the job requirements and expectations no ones job should have to be on the line. Unethical, unprofessional, and just a bad experience which is why they have extremely high turn over. If you choose to work there document everything!
Pros
Students
Awesome
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 31, 2019
This industry is amazing school all teachers are awesome and very helpful I love them and cant wait to get back to school soon they are always helpful and kind
Pros
Best
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milan Institute. Our community is ready to answer.