Milan Laser Employee Reviews

Amazing company! Honest & ethical
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIMarch 23, 2019
I have been with Milan since last December, Hands down this is best company I have ever worked for! We offer the best product in the industry. Huge support system from My district manager ( Misty) , Corporate is always there as well to support you.. Milan sets you up for success!
Pros
Free Laser Hair Removal Treatments! Everyone is so supportive!
Poor Management
Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand BlancMarch 19, 2019
Poor Management at my location turned into a very toxic environment. There was no support from upper management. I worked at the Lansing Clinic as well which has a very positive environment. The manager there is very positive and supportive. Grand Blanc was completely different. It is a high pressure environment with no support from the top however with issues pertaining to your office and co-workers. There also needs to be more training within the office. They do have a great system in place to achieve optimal results while keeping patients safe however. Patient safety and satisfaction is a priority for the company however I did not find that at my clinic. In my almost 30 years of working I have never left a job without notice. I did with Milan. The office atmosphere and bullying was too much.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lack of support from upper management. Stressful
Terrible work environment
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 19, 2019
Managers lie to cover their mistakes. No one to trust. Lack of support no one backs you up expected to perform at perfection but never celebrated for your accomplishments. Most successful people won’t last and within a year will be replaced. Milan has high turnover, do yourself a favor and keep looking, it’s like a great opportunity but their self seeking culture only supports themselves and those they choose based on personal relationships not job performance.
Pros
Free laser hair removal
Cons
Long hours upset clients refunds complaining employees micro management
Decent Pay, But Upper Management is Terrible & Corporate Culture Is Not Supportive of Office Staff
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 16, 2019
I was ecstatic when I found this opportunity but shortly after starting I realized that they were growing far too quickly without taking the time to care for their staff or implement the needed policies and processes to properly support that many people. HR was never equipped to handle the growth that they had and they had high turnover even in HR. It was a really fun job in terms of day-to-day and I loved my staff at my office. The worst part of the job was anytime you had to talk to corporate. They were insanely disrespectful or completely incompetent.

The longer I was there, the more corporate continued to make changes without consulting 95% of their managers. 5% of their staff are promoted regularly to positions they are highly unqualified for. They use a lot of buzz words about culture but none of it is true unless you work at the corporate office. There were some really amazing managers that I was lucky enough to know, but most of them left because the clinic managers get very little respect.

The vacation you get is nearly non-existent and their are no paid holidays.

Make sure you do your homework on what to expect from this job. Some offices are busy all the time but others are SLOW which affects your commissions and your ability to survive without dying of boredom.

At the end of the day the pay was OK, but retail hours stunk and there was very little autonomy to run your office like your own. Everything is pretty set in stone and determined by people that never walk into the clinics.

Free laser hair removal was awesome if you could find
  more... time to get it done.

If you work in retail, this might be more up your alley as long as you are comfortable with sales.

Most managers don't stay longer then 12-18 months.
Pros
Free laser hair removal - decent pay
Cons
No paid vacations, poor culture, poor upper management
Honest, Ethical and Inclusive Work Environment with Great Work-Life Balance !!!
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 27, 2019
Milan is a great company for self motivated and driven leaders. We are open anywhere from 4-5 days depending on the location and hour vary from 8-10 hours per day. The amount of education and training that is introduced in the hiring and training process allows you to have all the tools for success going into the position. Management really sets the tone and moral for their team and the environment for their patients. A beautifully well rounded diverse company that really makes for an inclusive medical practice serving patient from all walks of life and lifestyles. It allows for a great stable income with infinite amounts of possible commissioned sales. Each clinic has a very small intimate team typically consisting of the clinic manager, one nurse and one administrative assistant,some locations do also have an additional part-time nurse and part-time admin. The most enjoyable piece of my job is the life changing results we are able to give our patients, happy tear-filled celebrations are an everyday occurrence. People come to Milan with a lot of insecurities, worries and fears its your job to personally make them feel comfortable, hopeful and confident that they have found the best solution. The amount of support and partnership we have from the leaders in the company and district management is something special that I have never seen or witnessed in any other company. Milan allows for you to have work life balance while giving you the support and security that makes you never want to leave. I feel so truly blessed to work for the most honest, ethical and inclusive company  more... I have ever come across!!!!!  less
Pros
Work-life Balance, Competitive Pay, Great Benefits, Inclusive Environment, Personal Growth Potential
Great Place to Work!!!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Des MoinesFebruary 27, 2019
The culture of Milan is outstanding. Everyone in this company is working towards one common goal. Driving an engaged environment for every employee whether in the field or at our corporate office.
Milan treats their employees the way they treat their clients, by providing a world class experience!
Pros
Culture, advancement opportunities
Great Company to Work For
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2019
I'm still on my first year with the company, but it sure doesn't feel like it. Everybody is very welcoming and makes me feel like I belong.

This company really invests in its employees. On day one, I was given a brand new laptop and a standup desk (which most employers require a doctor's note for). Also, they pay me what I'm worth (unlike my last employer). And these are the best health benefits I've ever had from any employer ever!

The management is great. I feel like I work with them and not for them. The owners/CEOs are really easy to talk to and very approachable. It is a nice change from my previous jobs.

I definitely recommend working here to anybody. Great pay, amazing benefits, unlimited PTO, supportive management, and awesome coworkers. What more can I say?
Excellent Growing Company
Tester (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 7, 2019
Milan has been a great place to work because of the amazing company culture, supportive team atmosphere, work/life balance, and benefits that they offer.
Horrible experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 16, 2019
I don’t recommend working here. The pay is good, but management and HR are just terrible. Favoritism runs rampant from clinic managers all the way up to corporate. Clinic managers are uneducated and have no management skills or qualifications. District managers are just as horrible as the clinic managers. They expect you to just have an open ended schedule and work 12 hours a day, come in early, stay late, work on your days off, yet nothing you do is ever good enough. If you’re considering working here, do yourself a favor and keep searching for a job somewhere else.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great ceo/coo
CLINIC MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 9, 2019
Milan is an amazing place to work and I am sure if I were in a different district I would be able to appreciate it fully for what it is, but the management is truly lacking in my area.
Fun place to work
Medical Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PADecember 11, 2018
This company has a relaxing work environment and it is a fun company to work for. The workers are young and great at training you for your specific job title.
Growing company with positive culture
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2018
Growing company, medically-owned and operated. District level management is very involved and in-touch with the clinics. Upper management maintains varying levels of involvement as well. Team culture is wonderful - the clinics function as a family. Work-life balance is lacking for management, as position can be demanding, but the clinic environment is rewarding. A lot of relationship-building with internal and external clientele.
Best RN job ever
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 29, 2018
From the moment I interviewed to the time I have spent here, I have felt nothing but valued and appreciated. My clinic manager is amazing and the company as a whole has such rare values. They treat their staff the way we deserve to be treated. The benefits are also awesome! Free laser hair treatment for yourself and your spouse! But most importantly it’s the environment we work in here. It’s somewhere you WANT to be and with the growth of the company happening right now, it’s something that feels exciting to be a part of. Milan is making a difference in not only the lives of our patients but the lives of their employees. I am forever grateful to be a part of Milan!
Pros
Free laser treatments. Amazing work environment. Compassionate management. Growth from within!!
Cons
None that I have seen!
Love Milan
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2018
Milan is a great company to work. Not only do they care about you from the first time you walk in the doors as an employer, they continue to care about you as you progress everyday; making sure you grow and succeed in their company. As a nurse they put you through training and show you everything you need to know to safely provide the adequate care for the clients that come into the clinic. But your training doesn’t stop there, you will continue to have visits with your nurse manager every so many months to make sure you’re continuing to provide safe care for you clients; which will help you keep up with regulations and guidelines.
At Milan you always have a great team of managers, doctors, nurses and administrators to help you whenever you need anything, whether it’s a question about a client or just a basic question about housekeeping in the clinic. They’re always willing to answer your questions no matter what they are.
Management is awesome! There hasn’t been a manager that I haven’t met yet that wasn’t wonderful!! I feel like everyone works on the same page. They all want you to succeed and help you. They all work together to help with the flow of the clinic to make it run smooth. If you need any help with flipping your room, or little things to help make things run better; they will listen and help in anyway possible(10/10 they’re already doing the things for you before you even have to ask) Such a great assets to the team to have.
It’s really a great work environment, Milan really makes you feel at home when working for them. I couldn’t ask for a better team to
  more... be a part of!  less
Bad
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 20, 2018
With so many low ratings, you need to seriously reconsider your management and HR, but not to answer post factum - Oh, we are sorry for your bad experience, call our bad managers again to solve.
Turning over a pro with more than 20 years of experience in the field without even interviewing him, speaks more than a thosand words about the company, it's management and human resources.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Unrealistic expectations from management and corporate
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2018
Loved my job until I had to miss a day due to a family medical emergency which required hospitalization. I Provided management with documentation as requested but was still punished for a situation 100% out of my control. I’ve missed one day in a year. HR and upper management doesn’t care. My clinic manager is unreasonable and corporate backs her up. It has also been verbalized that they will not consider males for clinic positions. Good pay, but they’ll fire employees for anything they want. They want you to work 10-12 hours a day with no breaks and be completely available to them at all times even on your scheduled days off yet if you have an emergency they are inflexible and will retaliate. I was told I could not even take my lunch off premises even if I punched out yet manager can come and go as she pleases.
Pros
Great RNs, Great concept
Cons
You’re expected to be available at all times, even on your days off, no breaks, uneducated management, hypocrites thru and thru
Hard learning experience
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2018
Huge turnover probably because corporate is more worried about expansion rather than focusing on their employees. I gave everything to this place and got nothing in return.
Pros
Do not have to work Sundays became we are closed.
Cons
Huge turnover, poor management, gossipy rude corporate "professionals"
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 29, 2018
You know when you hear the statement, "If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is"! At my age and all my collective years of being a practicing nurse and travel nurse, this place will not last. And I turned down another position for this opportunity. Their story is that it is run by physicians but it is not. Several locations have "medical providers " that are not even a licensed RN . They simply completed under 2 weeks training. Clinic managers also wear white lab coats without any education or licensure. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. You deserve so much better than this company.
Pros
I did get a couple of free hair removal sessions, off on Sunday
Cons
Poor training of all employees, beyond unethical
Do not suggest
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 28, 2018
As an established nurse I thought this was going to be a great company. Over 20 years in and was closer to retire. I was shocked at all the things that I witnessed as an employee. How does human resources justify half their employees?
Pros
Easy meetings
Cons
Too many to list
Nurse management/Trainer needs to be replaced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
In the beginning it seemed like this was going to be my place of retirement. A few weeks in, the whole story had significantly changed. This is an extremely cutthroat environment. Nurse management and trainers lack empathy and have absolutely no business dealing with the public. Period. No people skills, bedside manner or personality.
Pros
Easy online meetings
Cons
Management is a complete disaster

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milan Laser. Our community is ready to answer.