Milan Laser Employee Reviews

Best RN job ever
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MONovember 29, 2018
From the moment I interviewed to the time I have spent here, I have felt nothing but valued and appreciated. My clinic manager is amazing and the company as a whole has such rare values. They treat their staff the way we deserve to be treated. The benefits are also awesome! Free laser hair treatment for yourself and your spouse! But most importantly it’s the environment we work in here. It’s somewhere you WANT to be and with the growth of the company happening right now, it’s something that feels exciting to be a part of. Milan is making a difference in not only the lives of our patients but the lives of their employees. I am forever grateful to be a part of Milan!
Pros
Free laser treatments. Amazing work environment. Compassionate management. Growth from within!!
Cons
None that I have seen!
Love Milan
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2018
Milan is a great company to work. Not only do they care about you from the first time you walk in the doors as an employer, they continue to care about you as you progress everyday; making sure you grow and succeed in their company. As a nurse they put you through training and show you everything you need to know to safely provide the adequate care for the clients that come into the clinic. But your training doesn’t stop there, you will continue to have visits with your nurse manager every so many months to make sure you’re continuing to provide safe care for you clients; which will help you keep up with regulations and guidelines.
At Milan you always have a great team of managers, doctors, nurses and administrators to help you whenever you need anything, whether it’s a question about a client or just a basic question about housekeeping in the clinic. They’re always willing to answer your questions no matter what they are.
Management is awesome! There hasn’t been a manager that I haven’t met yet that wasn’t wonderful!! I feel like everyone works on the same page. They all want you to succeed and help you. They all work together to help with the flow of the clinic to make it run smooth. If you need any help with flipping your room, or little things to help make things run better; they will listen and help in anyway possible(10/10 they’re already doing the things for you before you even have to ask) Such a great assets to the team to have.
It’s really a great work environment, Milan really makes you feel at home when working for them. I couldn’t ask for a better team to
  more... be a part of!  less
Bad
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 20, 2018
With so many low ratings, you need to seriously reconsider your management and HR, but not to answer post factum - Oh, we are sorry for your bad experience, call our bad managers again to solve.
Turning over a pro with more than 20 years of experience in the field without even interviewing him, speaks more than a thosand words about the company, it's management and human resources.
Pros
Cons
everything else
Unrealistic expectations from management and corporate
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2018
Loved my job until I had to miss a day due to a family medical emergency which required hospitalization. I Provided management with documentation as requested but was still punished for a situation 100% out of my control. I’ve missed one day in a year. HR and upper management doesn’t care. My clinic manager is unreasonable and corporate backs her up. It has also been verbalized that they will not consider males for clinic positions. Good pay, but they’ll fire employees for anything they want. They want you to work 10-12 hours a day with no breaks and be completely available to them at all times even on your scheduled days off yet if you have an emergency they are inflexible and will retaliate. I was told I could not even take my lunch off premises even if I punched out yet manager can come and go as she pleases.
Pros
Great RNs, Great concept
Cons
You’re expected to be available at all times, even on your days off, no breaks, uneducated management, hypocrites thru and thru
Hard learning experience
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 1, 2018
Huge turnover probably because corporate is more worried about expansion rather than focusing on their employees. I gave everything to this place and got nothing in return.
Pros
Do not have to work Sundays became we are closed.
Cons
Huge turnover, poor management, gossipy rude corporate "professionals"
Do not suggest
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 28, 2018
As an established nurse I thought this was going to be a great company. Over 20 years in and was closer to retire. I was shocked at all the things that I witnessed as an employee. How does human resources justify half their employees?
Pros
Easy meetings
Cons
Too many to list
Nurse management/Trainer needs to be replaced
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2018
In the beginning it seemed like this was going to be my place of retirement. A few weeks in, the whole story had significantly changed. This is an extremely cutthroat environment. Nurse management and trainers lack empathy and have absolutely no business dealing with the public. Period. No people skills, bedside manner or personality.
Pros
Easy online meetings
Cons
Management is a complete disaster
Horrible Manager/Nurse Training
Medical Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 17, 2018
It is such a shame bc I had high hopes for what sounded like a great job opportunity. Management was horrific, lack of proper background check on our clinic manager. This company is growing so quickly training is obviously not being implemented as it should.
Pros
Free hair removal and decent pay
Cons
Poor management, growing too quickly many corners were cut, lost of unethical behavior
Love being apart of this company
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2018
Coming to work is a joy in the morning, all my coworkers are amazing and always willing to help out with anything! It is such a laid back fun environment, and even when we are super busy nothing feels overwhelming or stressful. They are very accommodating to taking days off/switch shifts with other employees. Great benefits including FREE laser hair removal and monthly bonus for meeting sales goals! So happy to be apart of this growing company!
Pros
work environment, pay/bonus, free laser hair removal, no required holidays
Cons
no paid holidays
Great work environment and company
Client Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2018
Working at Milan has been very different than any other job. The atmosphere is relaxed and although it can get busy it never feels stressful because everyone is willing to help. I have not had a bad experience to date and I truly do not see any happening in the future. This is a job that I am excited to come to, and that is awesome!
Pros
Pto, relaxed environment, free treatments, good pay
Cons
None to date
Beware
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 6, 2018
This place has a HUGE turnover, they can't keep employees because of intense hours, low salary, poor management. I don't even think the doctors knew I was human. They made me feel like I was just a number.
June 12, 2018

While we appreciate you taking time to leave a review, we are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with your experience at Milan. Our clinics and corporate office actually hold our Administrative Assistants in very high regard. If that was not your experience, we strongly encourage you to reach out to Milan's leadership with more details.

Milan Laser - Setting the bar high for employees!
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 13, 2017
Milan is a wonderful company to work for and in return has many satisfied clients! I always look forward to talking to and assisting our Clients everyday on the phone - it's a very rewarding feeling being able to connect with people you've never met and provide great customer service at the same time!

The Owners do their best to be personal with employees and it makes it a very comfortable atmosphere.

I'm always proud to say that I work for Milan Laser Hair Removal.
Pros
Happy Hours, Monthly Bonus, Co-Workers, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Not having paid holidays & having to make up that extra time or having to take PTO.
November 16, 2017

We appreciate taking a few moments to post about your experience with Milan. We're very proud of the team here!

Ethical company - Refreshing working environment
Clinic Staff (Current Employee) –  Clinic StaffNovember 13, 2017
I've been with Milan for just under a year and I've been very pleased to see how ethically the company is run. They have extremely high standards for their medical procedures and the medical team is committed to excellence. I've also really enjoyed my co-workers. The company is growing quickly so there are a lot of changes, but most of them are very positive.

Room for advancement, great culture and I feel very good being a part of a company who is taking the high road and doing things the right way.
Pros
High ethics, co-workers & managers are great.
Cons
Requires a person who is flexible and ok with frequent changes.
November 16, 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback! Our team members are our most significant asset.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 14, 2017
Im an RN who was tired of unrealistic patient/staff ratio, 12 hour shifts, working nights/weekends, and coming home covered in who knows what. I was looking for an out patient clinic and I found Milan. I get my full lunch breaks, I don't work holidays, and I love my team. At this point I can't imagine doing anything else and I do recommend it.
Pros
Free laser, coworkers, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Interview process mostly via internet/phone
October 16, 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your Milan experience! Your feedback is very valuable to us.

A place you can grow and retire!
Clinic Manager/ Director of Management Training (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 13, 2017
Milan provides an extremely upbeat and supportive work environment. The pay and bonus structure are by far the best in the industry. The Doctors who have created Milan ensure all employees are heard, which is extremely hard to find. Milan provides the ability to have a work/ life balance which is so important to many. This company has grown so much in the past year and they have promoted within every chance possible, which has been so fun to watch. Milan Laser has grown to be the most reputable in laser hair removal, it's an honor to work here.
Pros
Extremely fun atmosphere, supportive management, and extremely happy customers!
September 26, 2017

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share with us.

Impressive expansion
Clinic Employee (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2017
This company seems to be doing things the right way. They've shown stable growth and strategic expansion plans. Milan offers above par medical spa procedures paired with exceptional customer service. The owners are extremely focused on employee satisfaction. District Managers show great leadership. I've been impressed with the other co-workers as well. This is a very refreshing environment and I'm looking forward to seeing all the new growth over the next few years. Currently operating solely in the Midwest.
Pros
Truly great working environment on many levels
Cons
Fairly new company so they are still working out a few kinks
September 26, 2017

We appreciate you taking time to share your insight! Thank you for all that you do.

Employee-centric company with significant career advancement opportunity
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 12, 2017
Fairly young company, but with aggressive growth plans. Managers value employee input. Salary is average - above average. Good career advancement opportunity.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
A few growing pains, no major concern
September 26, 2017

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us. We greatly appreciate your input.

Fantastic place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2017
I have worked at milan for a year and a half. They are a growing company with plenty of room for new positions and raises. The doctors that own the clinics honestly care about their employees and value their ideas and thoughts. They are constantly doing things to change and improve their employee's lives and honestly notice hard work. Hands down best company I've ever worked for!
Pros
Pto, monthly commissions, promotions
not a good experience
Sales and Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 9, 2016
Too bad, this job had potential but management there needs tremendous work. Not many people there you can trust. The nurses are great!
Pros
Free laser hair removal
Cons
Dishonest management
October 16, 2017

We're sorry that your experience with Milan didn't meet your expectations. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Even though you are no longer with the company, we invite you to reach out to our Human Resources department to share your insight. We are constantly working to improve our work environment and we would love your input.

Amazing coworkers and patients. Fun atmosphere
Receptionist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEFebruary 24, 2016
One of the BEST companies I have ever had to opportunity to work for. My coworkers, managers, and bosses are all amazing and fun people that make my job easy to do. I wake up excited to come to work. The patients I have met and built a relationship with are one of the biggest rewards from working here
Pros
Possibility for an extra bonus if we meet our goal in monthly sales
Cons
Short breaks, long weird hours that make it hard to get anything done during the week
September 26, 2017

Thank you for taking a moment to share this. Your feedback is very valuable to us!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milan Laser. Our community is ready to answer.