Mile One Automotive Employee Reviews

Mile One
SPECIAL FINANCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 16, 2019
Mile One is a very nice place to be employed. Training provided will help with professional growth potential. Salary and benefits are above average compared to other dealerships. Several locations to choose from. Management is very supportive. A very nice place to be employed.
Pros
Training and Salary
Cons
Work hours are long.
It's not the car business, it's a business and we sell and service cars.
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2019
I've worked for this company for 29 years. It's an honest, ethical, dealer group that cares about it's customer and employees and takes good care of both. Any retail/customer service business has a lot of hours. The car business is no exception. I can only speak from my personal experience with MileOne/Heritage. I work a lot, get really good results and make a lot of money. I see a lot of people in reviews that struggle with work/life balance. My home will be paid soon, plus I own two other properties free and clear, my kids go to private schools, they have growing college funds, I have a big 401k that gets bigger each year (that is also fueled by a company match) they pay me for my 3 weeks of vacation every year and I never miss a one! My work provides the income for everything else in my life and I find that a good balance.
Pros
Career advancement, promotes from within, 401k with match, high income for big performance
Cons
Hours, it's work
Stay away
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2019
The worst company I have ever worked for. I really wish there was something good to say about mileone.I think going to war is a better choice than working for this company.
February 27, 2019

Thank you for taking time to review MileOne. We take all feedback seriously and make efforts to address. We're sorry to hear that your experience with MileOne was so negative. Did you have a chance to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner? We'd like the opportunity to chat. Please reach out to us at hrpayroll@mileone.com

Messed Up
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 21, 2019
Was hired and worked 7 days. Was let go due to them claiming "not being able to afford my position". Found out someone else got hired a week later. Caused me to scramble in search for another job which caused financial crisis for me. They basically wasted my time and did me dirty. Found out they did the same thing to the next person they hired after me. She was my new boss ex wife. Small world. Bad company.
Pros
Clean building
February 25, 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry that this was your experience! We'd like to speak with you directly to figure out what happened because clearly something went terribly wrong. Please contact us directly at 410-415-0515 or hrpayroll@mileone.com so we can address this immediately.

Customer relationship Manager is a waste of pay role!
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PADecember 8, 2018
Mismanaged stepchild of the corporation. They need to gut everyone out and bring in new staff. They don’t have a clue but it’s definitely what one would expect from that area. The Customer Relationship Manager is unexpierienced and a waste. Gets involved to start drama and then flees after she hot potato’s the situation off to another Manager. Should definitely remove this cancer. Would dramatically have an impact on the culture there!
Pros
None.
Cons
No Management accepts ownership.
December 10, 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your experience; we take all reviews very seriously. Please reach out to the Service Manager Brett Whitney to discuss your concerns directly. Brett can be reached at 757-233-8155.

Horrible
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2018
This is a privately owned company and the pay scale benefits ONLY the Fader family. You bust your butt to make a decent living the pay is horrible. The health care is cheap but the deductible is $1500 for a single person. You constantly watch your back because the place is like high school with cliques. Horrible place to work, when they fire people there is no reason given. They use the "Maryland is a right to work state and they don't have to give a reason."
Do yourself a favor don't bother working for them because you will burn out.
Pros
Cons
Horrble pay
Customer Information Center
Customer Information Center (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2018
Nice place to work if you want your day to go by quickly. I take calls and make service appointments for customers in a few states. Fast paced and lots of information to review. Nice people
Pros
Sundays OFF
Cons
Schedules can change
October 22, 2018

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about MileOne Autogroup! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

Unfair
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Heritage ParkvilleOctober 1, 2018
Since i been hired, i been treated completly unfair. received a write up for not selling enough cars, being new to the buisness, and not trained properly , i should be given a break. also i receive a percentage of the leads other employee's do. the only thing that gives 3 stars is the products we sell and employees humor.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback. We're glad that you enjoy the product and the people you work with; Our people are our biggest asset. If you're not feeling confident in your training please reach out to your HR Business Partner and they can assist.

Horrible
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Mazda CatonsvilleSeptember 18, 2018
Horrible to work for a lot of empty promises Poor management give you the run around and then you have two lot attendant that do something and the other two don’t do anything because they feel like they been here two years and they get paid the most DO NOT COME TO MAZDA IN CATONSVILLE AND BE A LOT ATTENDANT and if you are sick the manager still wants you to come in and show you are really sick and they only care about the money
Pros
Off every other weekend
Cons
Pay, really no lunch breaks, ask you to work while on your lunch, Underpaid
Awful management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bel air mdAugust 31, 2018
The gm and the service manager only cares about herself and her favorites she treats everyone else like garbage the technicians there also are rude and disrespectful as well as the service advisors give pay to the other technicians when the work was completed by you
Pros
Lunch on saturday, discounted car purcheses
Cons
Everything else
There are better dealerships out there
Sales and Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2018
After several changes in leadership at the dealership level (GM, GSM, and District Manager), there has been a tremendous shift in culture at my store. The "team" mentality is all but gone. Staff is being micro-managed. Communication is non-existent.
A good job starting out.
Automotive Detailer (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 15, 2018
I started my first real job as a detailer and the job is an easy one; wash cars according to certain specifications and make the car something you'd want to see if it was brought to you. The job can become hectic when you get backed up but it isn't an excuse to cut corners, remember to communicate and work efficently.
Pros
Set schedule, able to plan around the workday, guaranteed day off
Cons
None for me but I had a temporary position
Chesapeake body shop
Bodyshop (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2018
They closed our shop when the body shop employees formed a union to fight unfair wage issues. Listen to higher ups brag about winning money in company sponsored fishing tournaments while the people that worked for him went without. Went from 4 body shops in our area to two in our area because this three stooges management system.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Every single thing
Cut throat and money hungry
Hall hyundai (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 16, 2018
Money motivated.try to up sale every customer coming in the door. Lack of training to employees. Favoritism in every department. Customer survey is the only driving factor.
July 24, 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We take all reviews seriously and will share your feedback with our managers. Did you have a chance to share your feedback with your HR Business partner before you left?
In response, we do have a very robust training program; both manufacturer lead, in-classroom and on the job training.Yes, we are very customer service focused. Our customers and employees are at the heart of our business and will continue to be.
We wish you the best in your next position! Thanks for giving Hall a try!

Good for the most part, but some issues
File Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2018
I worked as a temporary file clerk in the corporate office for a little over a few months and overall, the position was one that I enjoyed to a full extent. The positives: It was a definite learning experience, my office was very laid back and there were plenty of duties and projects to get done during the time. Company luncheons and potlucks here and there. Everyone in this corporate center is friendly and the people I worked with were easy to get along with. All of my managers were awesome.

Now, the downsides; my main issue is that there were no opportunities for advancement here. I really did like the job and I hated having to leave. I think it's unfortunate that there aren't much opportunities for you to move up with the entry level temp positions here. Sometimes my department would run out of work for me to do, thus having me go home home early or leaving me to find things to do in other departments. I only worked 20 hours a week, which doesn't cut when you have bills to pay. Speaking of which, the pay and benefits here could definitely be better for most employees. Instead of advancement opportunities within the corporate office, they attempted to transfer me to a dealership position with lower pay and the same 20 hours a week (I appreciated the help, but it wasn't what I was looking for).

Overall, the MileOne Auto corporate office provided me a great opportunity that I enjoyed, they do have a great company culture, and they have lots of potential that, for the most part, they live up to. It's just that they have a few issues that they need to better address; they
  more... also need to provide a better chance at advancement and long-term opportunities to those seeking it.  less
Pros
A learning experience, laid back, company culture, good management
Cons
Hours, pay, advancement opportunities
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review!
We're glad you had a great experience while working with Hall. Please make sure to review our current openings at mileonejobs.com and apply to be considered for a full time opportunity with Hall. We look forward to seeing your application!

Don’t Bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 2, 2018
Upper management only cares about their own salaries and job securities. Advancement in the company is based on how well you navigate the politics and/or your exposure to the upper management, not on merit. Long hours with very few perks or thank you’d for hard work. They also are not open to suggestions for growth, siting expenses as a reason, yet they will spend a lot of money on their hair-brained ideas and abandon them after 6 months.
Pros
Compensation, co-workers
Cons
Hours, no opportunity to advance, weak leadership
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! Did you have a chance to speak with anyone about your feedback before you left?
We think that you'd be very impressed with our new Employee Advantage program. These updates and perks are a direct result from the company wide re-branding meetings in October 2018. The team said it; we listened. See more at Why MileOne? on mileonejobs.com
Thank you for giving Hall a chance! We wish you the best in your next career!

Laid back
Body tech and painter (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 16, 2018
My review shouldn't make the choice whether someone takes the job or not. They should have the chance to go in and talk to someone and make that choice for themselves
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review! We have multiple dealerships and brands that an individual can choose to work; you're right, come in and discover which location is the best for you and where you're going in your career! See all of our job postings at mileonejobs.com

Good pay but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMay 5, 2018
Heritage Honda bel air terrible management i was not properly trained or givin a chance they have no idea what there doing half the time. Basically had to learn on my own very rude people
July 24, 2018

Thank you for your review!
We have recently brought on a few new managers at Bel Air Honda, added additional sales personnel and the store is doing better than ever!
Stop on by and see; we think that you'll change your mind.

great place to work
Detailer (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 26, 2018
Room for advancement, flexible, nice work environment, friendly, courteous staff and administration as well as customers.
Compensation comparable to other facilities.
Pros
flexibility

Thanks for your review!
MotorWorld, a part of MileOne, is a great place to work and we're glad you feel that way too!

got a letter in the mail....
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 10, 2018
Was on a leave for my health and got a letter in the mail, saying i was canned two days later.... somethings not quite right over there. VERY UPSET!
the job was bliss, for me then i got sick!!!
looks like all the hard work i did for them meant NOTHING!!
very unprofessional to get a letter in the mail saying I was terminated and that my services were no longer needed.
its like they just chewed me up and spit me out on some random street in NYC :(
and they knew what was going on with me, just don't ask them for time off if you're seriously ill, practically suicidal, or you will get canned.
oh PS, don't even think about asking for a raise.
Pros
free training, good experience, great environment
Cons
underappreciated, compensation, some what stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mile One Automotive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight