Miles Technologies Employee Reviews

Good but stressful job.
Helpdesk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Good but stressful job. Free lunch. An attempt to make your time there as bearable as possible. Very few established procedures. Unfortunately as a smaller company the health insurance for a family was very expensive.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Stressful job.
Not what it seems
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  NJJanuary 17, 2018
On the surface everything seems fine. Behind the scenes is a different story. Was told there would be mentoring and support but there was none. An aggressive company that has managers that intentionally overload employees to thin out the herd. This company will fire you in a heartbeat after intentionally overwhelming a new hire.
Good place
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Great people to work with and complete tasks. Easy to communicate and very helpful thought the assignment given. Work on your own pace and time but attempting to comply to ticket given.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not so much work load
Friendly and Fun Environment
Helpdesk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 18, 2017
This is a quick paced work environment where you constantly have to think on your feet to solve problems and support users. You're place in an environment where you will be pushed to constantly learn and work with your team to find solutions to all sorts of problems. They provide lunches and have a break area where you can relax and play games with colleagues. The hardest part is staying organized with the volume of work and trying not to get overwhelmed your first few months. They hold a lot of company outings and hold fun activities. Everyone is friendly and approachable. There are constant opportunities within the company if you can get over the low pay.
Pros
Pingpong table and free lunch
Cons
Super low pay to start
Fantastic Place Great People
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 19, 2017
This was a first rate place to work, and everyone, from the CEO on down, were calm, nice, and helpful. Its hard to find any downside. I loved working for Miles.
Success
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2017
- Monday to Friday
- I learned how to work under pressure and communicate with people from different background
- everybody work passionately and with care
Well deserved Winner of the Best Places to work in Philly!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 10, 2017
My days are busy, but good busy! Some days I eat breakfast and lunch in our fully stocked kitchen (it's an awesome perk to have). Other days I will go somewhere local with my coworkers. Before I leave everyday I sit back and smile when thinking how much I accomplished that day (and what I learned).

The atmosphere here at Miles is unlike any place I've ever worked before, and I mean that in a good way. It's collaborative, fun and I really do enjoy coming to work every day. We are smart people who enjoy coming to work every day.

The people that work here is my favorite thing about Miles, they make this job what it is. I love working with them on projects. Everyone here is so nice and is always willing to help and teach you.

I love my job at Miles because I truly enjoy what I am doing. There is a famous quote that if you enjoy what you are doing you'll never work a day in your life, and that's how I feel coming to work every day at Miles.
Excellent company for entry level developers
Junior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 25, 2016
Great company to work with. Best boot camp program for entry level developers. All in all, a very good experience. I got to learn alot
great place to work with fun atypical benefits
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJOctober 22, 2015
ping pong, inhouse gourmet stocked kitchen to make yourself breakfast catered inhouse lunches are just a few ways management helps relieve the pressure and brings everyone to a human to human level for a while
A great place to work that offers honesty, growth, and stability.
IT (Current Employee) –  Moorestown NJSeptember 10, 2012
Miles Technologies is a company that listens to its employees and continually works to improve. The company spends time focusing on providing a valuable service to its customers while creating a very positive atmosphere for its staff. Communication is shared about all aspects of the business and the team members that make up the business are some of the smartest people around.
Great Company
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 4, 2012
learn a lot about technologies you'd never imagine yourself using and technologies you wouldn't have thought of learning.
Loved My Time At Miles-Wish I was Still There
HR Manager/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 4, 2012
2008 – HR Manager/Recruiter – Miles (IT) Technologies – Moorestown, NJ

I managed the full recruiting cycle from candidate identification and evaluation to offer negotiation and closing for a wide range of positions. I used my superior communication and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail. In performing the essential functions of this role, my work environment was client focused, fast-paced, demanding and team-based.

1) Created/wrote Job Descriptions, posted job openings on all sites such as Career Builder*, Dice*, Monster*, Craig’s List*, Indeed*, LINKEDIN*,etc.
2) Searched all sites for all IT positions: PM/PC, IS, HD, HDS, WEB – DESIGN/GRAPHICS, DEV, PROG, SALES(SIX SITES), ADMIN, etc. resumes*
3) Contacted appropriate candidates for a position
4) E-mailed applications to scheduled candidates for smoothness of the interview process
5) Tested( DATA-LOGIC), screened, gave building tours, and "calmed" the candidate before they met the VP
6) Sat in on and made recommendations for employment based on interview results
7) Created my own data bases for each area of need i.e. Baltimore Sales, Phila. IT, etc.
this way I had my own base of number two and three candidates to draw upon.
8) Initiated and monitored the background and reference check process
9) Attended career, college, and business fairs to scour and interview prospective candidates
10) Set/scheduled up the appropriate VP, etc. to meet with the candidates
11) Discussed feedback from the VP's, etc. for hiring purposes
12) Kept all job postings current, and made sure that they did not expire
13) Kept
  more... abreast of all new recruiting, hiring, and HR procedures and policies to ensure compliance
14) Created my own data base of recruiters, even though I was THE recruiter. I felt it was a professional and creative idea to keep in touch with my colleagues
15) Gave monthly lectures on hot topics that concerned our employees such as “Professionalism in the Work Place”, “Work Place Ethics”, etc.
Pros
the people!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miles Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight