Miles Technologies

United States33 reviews

Miles Technologies insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Good company with some problems

The workplace culture is great. I learn a lot every day. I pretty much always have someone to ask for help should I need it. My manager is very supportive and helps me any way he possibly can. The office is beautiful with lots of perks - in-house employee-taught courses, customizable lego desks, gym, indoor basketball volleyball and tennis, even free food. All of this is great, but this company is not without its problems. I do feel like I was underpaid, and the company is gaining more customers more quickly than appropriate staff can be hired and trained (if needed). This creates a stressful environment for obvious reasons. I really hope they can overcome these issues.

Pros

Free food, indoor sports facilities, supportive staff, opportunities for vertical movement

Cons

Sub par pay, stressful day-to-day

Good job; If You can Get Hours

Working with Miles Technologies is quite off-hand in terms of company involvement, on one hand this is a good thing, as you can solve any such IT experience whichever way you'd want and can approach a problem from however you're comftorable.The issue being, they're a little *too* un-involved. I have been employed with the company for almost two years now, and have never *once* met anyone else in the company face to face. They send you log-in info for their website, you make an account, and they send you jobs to acceptThe problem being, jobs to accept might take weeks to show up, or worse will show up but they either A. Are way out of your range, or B. Are for a skillset you do not possess. Not to mention if a job would require a tool you do not have, the company does not provide any resources (though will compensate if you have to buy a tool). Overall, I would say if you can get employed full time with consistent hours, go ahead. From what (very) little I've seen of the actual company they seem like good people to work with, though that's only been the rare email or website notification. Do not rely on this job for anything other than supplemental income unless you get hired on full time.

Pros

Great pay, very independent, unique work-environment.

Cons

No reliable hours, lack of communication, no equipment provided.

Company is growing but their current infrastructure cannot support the amount of clients they want.

Miles Technologies has a lot of great things going for it. You work with excellent people, you can learn a lot about IT, and you can advance fairly quickly within the company.However, they do have a massive problem and it's one of the ultimate reasons why I decided to leave.Their infrastructure for supporting all these customers is eventually going to buckle if they don't hire more people or set boundaries as to how much support they offer customers.For starters, it is expected that every employee in IT support will do one week of a double shift. That's 12 hours of answering phone calls. After your normal shift ends, you are then expected to answer phone calls from different teams with different customers who have unique infrastructure setups.So if you don't know anything about Virtual desktops but you know everything about medical programs. You will find yourself struggling to find the answers you need in the often out of date asset library.The asset library is the bible for all IT support and more often than not the information contained in that library is not organized or it's out of date. They have folder that give you the "category" of information you're looking for, but within that folder could be hundreds of different protocols and SOPS and most of them will not be relevant to what you're looking for.The reason it's so disorganized is because they don't have a real standard for adding information after the preliminary setup has been complete. The asset library will be 100% accurate during onboarding. But once the customer has been with the company for a while -

Pros

Free lunch, can accrue PTO through overtime, plenty of opportunities for overtime, great people, fast advancement, company outings, great family environment

Cons

Too many needy customers and not enough staff to support them, asset portal is not maintained properly, often left without support because there are not enough people to help you, expected to pull double shifts for an entire week once a year, expected to answer phones all the time, you are expected to do too many things for a lot of customers

Incredible experience

I can only speak with total enthusiasm about my time at Miles Technologies. Though it has come to an end, my time at Miles was filled with support, encouragement, educational opportunities, and so much more. There is a genuine sense of teamwork there and people will always make time to support you and your work. Though we had many meetings, none of them seemed to waste time or go over known information -- I walked out of every meeting renewed. This is a workplace that expects top-quality work from top-tier employees and you will always be working hard and smart. The pressure of these demands can be difficult at first and this is not the right environment for everybody. However, if you were ever an overachiever in life, this will feel natural once you get past the 1-month mark. The generosity of Chris Miles is reflected throughout the workplace. He knows his business is a success due to its employees, so everything is designed with employee comfort, fun, and stimulation in mind. There is a quiet room to relax in if the need arises, basketball courts, a gym, and a fully-stocked kitchen. There is a game club, a gardening club, and so much more. If it seems too good to be true, they have an open and honest policy to keep you in-the-loop about all major decisions. Everything they say, they believe and in no time you'll see why this is such an incredible and honest place to work.

A Great Opportunity

One of the best companies I've ever worked for. Managers are great and my team is exceptional. The facilities are amazing and your desk is made out of Legos, yes Legos!

Meaningful workplace with fun amenities

This place is great for work-life balance. They also have amazing healthy food for lunch everyday - and they have a multipurpose court for sports in the break room. Lots of interaction with co-workers. Very similar to Google in terms of corporate culture

Pros

Free Lunch every day

Difficult to Gauge...

...as it is a fully remote arrangement. I have no in-person contact with company staff. Since this page won't load without inputting 150 characters this last sentence is meaningless.

This is probably one of the worst companies I have ever worked for

Don't go to Miles. This company drinks from all the get rich quick books and think they understand business. They have an ego about who they chose to hire, about their company but its all a lie. The pay is extremely bad (about the same as McDonald's where I live) and most of the people above you cannot be respected. I tried. I tried to stay after work and show that I could work hard but had to leave. They are evil little greasy business men, they kind you would see in dramas. Stay away.

Productive and fun workplace

This is a productive and fun workplace. Great company for career development and amazing people with good work culture along with a decent work/life balance.

Not many hours

Ive worked with them for a while now and I have barely been on any assignments overall theres not much communication or many hours. I wouldn't count on this as full time employment

IT Support

Worst IT company I've worked at. Never seen so many excellent managers pushed out in 1 year. Either this company is having money issues or the person in charge of IT Support is clueless like I thought and needs to go. What a joke management is here at this point.

Very positive experience

I'm a Miles Technologies fan for life. Best place I ever worked. The work is fast-paced and it can be difficult at times but most fellow employees were caring and very helpful.

Great Place to work to break away from traditonal office environment

Great place to work if you want to break away from traditional office environment and very flexiable able to set your own schedule. And a great way to keep up your skills and to learn new skills.

Pros

Support

Cons

So far none

Great culture but prepare to work hard

Miles Technologies is a wonderful place to be employed. Many entry level positions exist to get you off the ground and plenty of room for advancement and salary increases.

Productive and Fun

good work environment. great teamwork. good management. free food. Shuffleboard, pinball, gym, volleyball and basket ball courts. remote access and excellent resource gathering from co-workers.

Productive and respectful staff and technicians

Great to be out at client job sites to assist remote technician and enjoy the day. You can choose your tasks and your schedule. Everyone working at Miles Technology are nice, friendly and respectful.

Flexible but strange

The job is flexible. Take it when it comes up but sometimes there's nothing coming up. Other times it will be extremely inconvenient especially if you have another full time job.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Not consistent with jobs.

Fast paced and will learn al lot. Management is always willing to help and support you as you trouble shoot various technologies for various clients throughout the county.

Great Place to work

This is a great place to work. You will learn, grow and become the IT wizard you always day-dreamed of becoming. This is a very good place to work if you are looking to up your skills in IT.

No Jobs

They paid well but only Adhoc which meant they would only pay me for the job. I was with them for 4 months before they called me for a job that lasted only 3 days and I worked total 12 hours. Then a month later, they emailed me telling me that they were nop longer supporting clients in my area.

Pros

Pays well

Cons

Not enough jobs

Collaborative work place with fun activities

This is a great place to work. Most of the projects are done as a team and there are meetings daily to see progress. They offer free food, ping pong table, basketball hoop, bikes, and pinball games.

Pros

Free lunches

Common questions about Miles Technologies

Answered by current and former employees at Miles Technologies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miles Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight