Milestone Retirement Communities Employee Reviews

The worst IT job I've ever had
Helpdesk Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 14, 2019
If you're going to work in the IT department then I'd strongly advise against it. You'll most likely work next to an older employee who is constantly sighing every minute of the day because of how stressed out he is. You get no support from other IT members because they're too busy with their own tickets/calls. Even though you might like the family-oriented culture everyone is incredibly stressed out because they are always understaffed and overworked. The office is a joke because it's too small to fit around 40+ employees. Accountants do a lot of filing in the middle of the hallway so you have to step around them to get anywhere. Most employees come into work sick and get everyone else sick which is pretty annoying. I almost had a heart attack from working here because of the anxiety of the job wanting hundreds of iPads and Laptops staged within 1-2 days which is realistically impossible. A really good receptionist left and they still haven't found anyone to replace her and it's been a few months. The public restrooms are gross and sometimes they run out of basic things like hand soap. The one hour lunches were nice and sometimes they had catering from Buffalo Wild Wings or Jimmy John's. The ticketing system was easy to use but Microsoft Exchange email almost always went down and tons of people would call in asking about it. A lot of their internal hardware and software crashes and gets random errors that the IT department has to try and fix. They never have enough hardware in stock for staging let alone the cubicle space to even fit multiple laptops near your workstation.  more... Dealing with 33 communities and only having 4 people on the IT team is kind of a joke too. My IT Manager was really nice and helpful while others were always too busy and not very supportive. The commute was also good for me since I live in the area. Overall if you're looking for a helpdesk job I'd steer clear of this company. You get duplicate tickets for the same issues you fixed, a lot of stuff crashes like email without an ETA of when it will be working, and I only genuinely liked a couple people that worked there. I liked helping people around the country but most people leave at 5 pm so if they're in a different time zone you can't do anything after 2 pm. This job will stress you out and it never lets up. The job was awful but the management was decent and the workload is unrealistically doable. Also, they had tons of construction going on outside the restrooms and the dishes would pile up in the break room daily. If anything work here temporarily but not for the long term. Most employees haven't even worked there for a year or two so clearly there's a high turnover rate. They were pretty desperate for new employees and on the phone interview they said "This job will be incredibly stressful and most of the time overwhelming" so at least they attempted to make that clear to me before I got hired on. I also want to mention that some of the departments are incredibly loud, annoying, and laughing half the time in an open suite behind the IT team which was super irritating when your job is the most stressful department of them all.  less
Pros
Free Lunches, Decent Ticketing System (When it worked), Friendly Co-Workers that treat you like family.
Cons
Short Breaks, Everyone heating things in the Microwave at the same time, low pay, bad benefits, incredibly stressful, overworked, unrealistic workload, etc.
Milestone is well known employer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 7, 2019
Mansion at Waterford is a Milestone property. Very poorly managed. Customer service is not important. Not a positive place to work. Residents treated poorly.
Working with residents to ensure their comfort and safety
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 20, 2018
I enjoy working here it’s a very pleasant place to work I love the residents they are the glue that holds symphony together I would refer anyone to symphony whether it be a potential resident or employee
Pros
Lots of fun
Advancement with company moving it's business forward
Regional Director of Health & Wellness (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 19, 2018
I joined the Milestone team during a transition period 1 1/2 years ago and it has been a whirlwind of growing with the company and making a difference in not only resident's lives but also the lives of their families and staff. The company puts residents and employees before themselves. Milestone is a business, but definitely a business with a heart.
Pros
A company that believes in its employees.
Cons
None! Come join us!
Great Company and Cutlure
Vice President, Benefits & Comp (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 19, 2018
The culture is the best, very caring. We are all part of a big family which is amazing. The flexibility is also very nice to have which creates a better work life balance.
Great place to work individually and collectively
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 19, 2018
Work day goes fast as we are a company who continues to improve performance and efficiency while engaging at not just the corporate level but at the community level.

I have thoroughly enjoyed that ideas to improve can be suggested and implemented quickly. Learning this early on will give you more confidence to hit the ground running when it comes to problem solving and making your work load run smoothly.

Management has always been key in my book. You need great leaders to be able to learn and collaborate with. Over the years I have been lucky enough to work with mentors that have helped my career grow.

Workplace culture continues to evolve as the market itself has been testing new ideas over the years. My favorites are the festivities and free food.

Hardest part of the job is time management. I'm usually overzealous for improvement that I end up working more for my own satisfaction with my work.

The most enjoyable part is working with a close-knit team. This gives me great insight when I am stuck and how my work will affect other portions of the company as a whole.
Pros
free lunches, games, holiday decorating
Cons
healthcare insurance costs have increased
Great place to work!
CNA/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKDecember 18, 2018
I love working for this company. The managers are awesome and very helpful. I love all the sweet residents, they make my day every time I come to work. I would recommend this place to live or work to anyone!
Pros
Great management, caring staff, good environment
Cons
Pay
Growing, innovative and dynamic company to work for!
Regional Director of Health and Wellness (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 18, 2018
I have worked in the industry for over 10 years and with a couple of the biggest ALF companies around. Milestone is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They are supportive, listen to and value the employees opinions and suggestions for improvement. The owners and senior management are approachable, supportive and incredibly down to earth! It is so refreshing to wake up and actually look forward to going to work! As with any job, there are ups and downs, growing pains and bumps in the road, but this company provides the support and tools to deal with those issues and to help you be successful!
Pros
Knowledge and support of senior management team
Cons
cost of insurance
I love my job
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIDecember 18, 2018
I have seen positive changes with a supportive, positive culture. I love what I do and I love our residents and my coworkers. No job is perfect but you have to work hard and enjoy what you do. Working with seniors is the ultimate pay-off. Helping people in time of crisis is very rewarding. I believe I help make a difference in people's lives.
Pros
Lots of hugs and love to be found here
Cons
It's tough losing people you care about, and the healthcare insurance could be better but I am thankful to have it
Great Place to Work!
Marketing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 17, 2018
I am part of a solid team at the support center. My boss encourages and appreciates the work I put in for Milestone. I highly recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Culture of caring, solid healthcare, supportive work environment
Cons
If you do not like fast-paced, this may not be the place for you
Good working atmosphere
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2018
Overall, a good place to work; co-workers care about each other and are supportive of 'life's daily ups/downs'. As with any position, the effort you put forth is what you receive in return. Some days are crazy hectic and others are easy going -- that is simply the life of healthcare; no two days are the same.

There truly isn't any one part of my job that is harder than the other; it is all relative to the overall flow of the day. My Executive Director does a fantastic job of leading by example; they are great at providing on-going feedback be it good or an opportunity for improvement -- there is no guessing when it comes to your specific job performance. The support received from the 'Corp' level for my position is phenomenal - they are a great group to work with.

This is a growing company and as such 'growing pains' are felt.
Pros
Support from co-workers
Cons
Benefit Expense
Productive and personal fun job
Server (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORDecember 17, 2018
I have only been working for Milestone for a short time. However I love it. I am a server and I really enjoy bringing the best I can, with quick delivery, hospitality, and conversation for the residents.
They are the biggest part of my day and I am proud to serve their needs daily.

This is a fun quick paced job. The days sure fly by, when you know how to smile and enjoy. There is always something to do to say busy so thats nice.

I really enjoy the atmosphere, and plan to stay a long time. All care givers, and management are great!
Pros
Free lunch
Great company that cares about it's employees
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 17, 2018
I left Milestone for another company a while back ago and returned to Milestone as soon as something was available. It feels like family and they really do care about their employees.
Pros
Good relationship with management
Very friendly environment to work in.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 17, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and eager to help with any questions/concerns. Company/management shows their appreciation for you. Overall I enjoy working here.
Horrible place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoDecember 16, 2018
I did have a really awesome supervisor who unfortunately moved. So many bad things here from being understaffed constantly to poor building upkeep and cleanliness. Admin didn't want to hire night housekeeping and would pass it on to maintenance staff who already had big workload. Often times there would be 1 caregiver and 1 med aide to 100 residents. The admin should be calling agency or working shifts themselves. I worked tons of over time never once recognized for my efforts. You will get threatened with write ups for wearing scrubs. Adminstration only cares about their bonus and they prey on the elderly. Charges 5 bucks for meal delivery in a a cheap foam container. If residents are bedridden, they suffer financially. PTO is terrible you only accurue an average 4 hours a month after 6 months of service. Oh and building had bedbugs and manager would say don't say anything. Evil corporation!
Pros
Free meal, if you are lucky
Cons
Understaffed, no appreciation, bed bugs
Unity in employment breeds complete success
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 13, 2018
As a mother, wife, a daughter and a friend to many, working with Milestone Retirement has allowed me a multitude of ways to extend the nurturing love and care I possess to each resident. The wide diversity creates an environment of extraordinary characters with different values and opinions. The culture is not limited to one person or one team as we all adapt and learn to respect and appreciate every employee. From the moment you walk through the doors, it's obvious in the fast-paced movement that tasks are being completed and everyone has a role to play to create the unique experience for all residents at Milestone.
In my experience, each manager has displayed commitment and dedication to ensuring that employees are treated fairly and are given recognition when due. They are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and inviting workspace with plenty of benefits that have encouraged me as an employee to strive for higher positions and excel.
Being at Milestone Retirement, it's the ideal place to work with friendly staff and memorable patients all creating the perfect formula for happiness in a job. If you are looking for an opportunity to enjoy what you do, while providing service that adds value to the world then Milestone Retirement Communities is the place for you.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Parking Areas, Comfy Breakrooms
Cons
Healthcare cost
Working for Woodland Heights has taught me a lot about caring for the elderly and about my self it has been a great experience working here
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 13, 2018
I have worked for the Woodland Heights for about 3 years working there has had its ups and down ive had to wear many hats from cooking to bartending but it has had it benefits in many ways the residents have been appreciative and thoughtfull i look at a lot of my residents as grandparents to me they are sweet but salty at the same time but ive got use to them i enjoy seeing their smiling faces while working there
Pros
Friendly environment good employees very helpfull working together god times while working there
Cons
I really dont have any cons
Challenging and Rewarding
HR Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 12, 2018
Truly a great place to work. I strive to truly lived out the company's mission on a daily basis by focusing on supporting.

The day goes by pretty quickly. A typical day varies from day to day but it usually consists of being there for our communities and supporting them with answers and information regarding benefits and helping to integrate the Milestone culture. A few of my everyday tasks are; provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment , assist employee with their issues with enrolling and resolve employee issues with insurance providers. And of course always providing ongoing support.

The company is filled with highly talented individuals from all over the country, and I am learning new things every day not only regarding job specifics, but our industry as well.

The Support Center offices are open and welcoming. The level of excellence that the company puts into its people and the communities is inspiring, and motivates me to be and do my best daily.

The most enjoyable part of working for Milestone Retirement Communities is my interaction with all professional levels of the company, and the mutual respect, kindness and support received from all.
Pros
Terrific culture and many resources and opportunities to grow professionally.
Cons
I wish I could travel more to work with more of the amazing people that work for Milestone.
Supportive culture & Happy to go to work every day!
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 10, 2018
Most of us spend more time at work than at home so I'm happy to say that I actually LOVE getting up and going to work every day. I enjoy the people I work with and have found many opportunities for growth and advancement. This organization gives you the tools and opportunities to make it a wonderful place to be -- but the grass is green where you water it :-) You have to put in the work to get back the reward. I would highly recommend working for Milestone.
Pros
Happy people, growth opportunities, caring culture
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and no 401(k) matching
Very Fun and uplifting
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 7, 2018
The Executive Director Amazing always willing to help and problem solve I've learned so many thing Management at its finest always willing to help Hardest part saying Goodbye. most enjoyable part the residents
Pros
amazing Residents
Cons
Rude Residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestone Retirement Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight