Milestone Technologies

United States158 reviews
Nice place to work
very employee oriented
good place to work

lots of chances to learn and expand education

good benefits

limited travel

management takes time to explain company policies
Trash tier company
Treat as a training center and move on. Management was terrible. Compensation was VASTLY under the area average. Benefits were terrible if you had a family.
I like the work
It was the best job ever all the sudden everything changing now they had so many rude and you can't do nothing like it just they want to work which is okayyou and they don't won't fix nothing
Awful company, terrible management
These people don't care about their employees and are not good at communicating information between clients and their teams. It's a mess and I would never work for them again.
Not applicable
I must decline to share any information here sincre no information can be provided to anyone. I hope other participants can provide more information in future.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Good opportunity
Contracted to Facebook, had very good coworkers. Vendor managers are very supportive. This review mostly relates to Facebook since thats where I worked through Milestone. Was forunate to have very supportive managers.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay
very excellent workplace
love the job very family friendly. on top of that management is very reasonable and are willing to help as long as there is communication. the pay is worth it plus the experience.
Disorganized, unprepared
They are trying to keep up with the demands of Facebook, but are failing miserably. If you interview for one job, by the time you are hired, your job title and specifications will have changed so often that you have no idea what you are hired for. Every position is being created on the fly. When they change department or position names, they do not delete old documents with those titles. So, you have instructions that contradict each other.
You are hired as salary and are expected to put in far more than 4p hours a week. If you don't, you are treated like you are not a team player and have a low work ethic. However, if you are working the 40 hours a week you are hired for, there should be no harassment beyond that just because co-workers are willing to devote their entire lives to their jobs.

Oh, and if you report a manager and have actual proof of their short comings, expect to get fired immediately.
Good Experience Builder for Another Better Job with Higher Pay
Pay might not be that good, but use this opportunity to build experience. Hard to get raises. Once you worked at least 1-2 years, you can quit Milestone and find another better job with higher pay.

Only way to grow and advance is that if someone quits, then you can fill that spot and get a raise.

Overall relaxed chill environment, sometimes work can be overloaded but you will get over it.
Pros
Free Food, Bus, Weekends off
Cons
Pay, Advancement, Raises
worst company and management team EVER!
If you want a company that lets go of the first hires that know more than the other worker, this is the place for you. There is no proper training and they hire in experience managers who like to hire all of their friends from their old jobs and guarantee them new positions before they even start.
Loved my coworkers
Milestone was pretty micromanaged but I did enjoy seeing all my coworkers every day. We got free snacks and 2-3 breaks every shift if you were working 8-10 hours. They also offered a 24/7 place to work and 4 10 hour shifts.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Very micromanaged
Horrible company.
Horrible turnover, plagued by nepitism, and they will lay people off a month after their first child is born to get paid by google to hire more people
Worst IT company
Milestone refused to conduct performance review for 4years. Refused to conduct level adjustments or provide cost of living raises. When I asked for one my manager threatened to talk to HR about my supposed lack of "professionalism and performance". Don't work here.
Cool clients but it's a contract job
I worked on per diem contracts for them for 5 years. It gives basic skills on how to set up a client's workspace both from dismantling at the origin and re-constructing it at the destination. You'll get post-move jobs, which is actually very cool and can be rewarding but that's not a guarantee at all clients and there could also be a ton of downtime between contracts.
Best job I've ever had
Work load is overwhelming, but the bosses are super chill and understand that you are only one person. They will help you prioritize the tasks and send help when they can
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Understaffed
Milestone is my Home
Milestone has provided me with total freedom of work environment. I love working for myself for the most part. I am not micro managed and I love that. They have great communication, and do things in a timely manor
Flexible, but very fast-paced.
While working at Milestone Technologies, I was able to learn the importance of time management and heightened attention to details no matter how small. I was working on clearing individual units, but still felt like I was part of the overall team working together. Strict timelines, and challenging commutes; once you're in there doing the work, though, time feels slower.
Pros
Tons of benefits, perks, and self scheduling.
Cons
Can be overwhelming if behind schedule.
Good Company To Work For
It's a good company to work for if you know what your goals and needs are. Very easy internal process of transferring to other projects or companies if that's what you are looking for.
High Energy Workplace
Milestone is a high energy workplace that assists clients around the world. Clients can often be high-demand, but we're always able to rise to the occasion.
Nothing special to say
Nothing really to say. I was hired within days of my interview, after a single training to learn the company practice and what we would be doing, I was thrown into the candidate pool, and jobs were fine except when we were not given enough information.
Lacking in structure and direction
Great people, trying to find their place in the IT market, positive culture, needs structure and process, lacking in standards, more mentoring and leadership needed
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestone Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Ratings from women
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight