Milestone Technologies Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 29, 2018
RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!! This is a HORRIBLE company to work for, Period! Cut throat cliquish behavior within and other vendor companies. HR is a joke and DOES NOT have their employees best interest in mind at all! I worked under a jealous and unprofessional creature that voiced the fact that she "did not like people"hmmmmmm........I was never properly trained then thrown into a building of my own. It was fine since thankfully I came wit my own professionalism and skill set, hence, that is how I was uprooted from my previous employer and slammed dunked THREE interviews mind you. I was not given proper instructions and or procedures. Set up for failure in my opinion. Long story short I was harassed, discriminated against watched and made to feel uncomfortable every work day. I brought it to my managers and HR's attention as well as the clients'. Needless to say the persons in which I had problems with was notified and I was ultimately terminated TWICE with an active harassment case going. Then told it wasn't termination just a 30 day NON paid investigatory leave. BS! If it walks like, talks like RETALIATION...guess what, thats what it is! RUN, RUN FAST! They will try and ruin your professionalism and your life!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
cliques, unprofessional, corporate DOES NOT care, lies
bad company
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  austin txDecember 27, 2018
Do not work for this company. Management was very bad. We had contracts with other companies and they never backed their employees. They always took the side of the contract company and it caused bad morale in the company
Lies and More Lie
Relocation Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 18, 2018
I was starting off as a relocation tech when I told the recruiter I wanted to do IT. The coordinator said they would find something for me but in the meantime just work on the projects they assigned me. The coordinators would lie just to get bodies there. They said the project would last 6 hours for one day and 5 the next day but when I got to the site, we would only be there for 3 hours and 2.5 the next day. This is not ideal at all, especially for those that have to
commute. I would recommend other recruiters over Milestone.

I left right away once I found a job. I would recommend everyone working as a relocation tech to do the same as well.
Great place to work until the owner retired, then the company was sold and it turned intthe army.
Shipping and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Savage, MNDecember 9, 2018
Nothing to say but I was let go for no reason after nearly 14 years of service. The company changed ownership so many times I cannot count. It became impossible to hire good workers due to low pay starting wages.
Pros
Cons
No brakes, do to work overload!
Productive environment.
IT LOGISTICS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2018
Milestone is a great company to work for. They make job placement a breeze and stay on top of things. A friendly and fun and an enjoyable atmosphere.
Toxic and Cliquish Environment
Audio/Video Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 14, 2018
I can only speak about the site I worked at and my dealings with corporate. Maybe other sites are better.

The site I worked at was very cliquish with lead to a very toxic work environment. It was all very high school like and quite pathetic. Collaboration does not exist. Entry level employees are only there to make the management team look good and in their eyes you are replaceable. It's basically - "If you don't like the way you're being treated then leave". Your opinion and experience does not matter to them.

Management and HR would say one thing, but always do another. I never seen so much hypocrisy in my life.

Information that will help you do your job was rarely shared with people outside of the clique. This would make doing your job tougher then it had to be.

If you just graduated from college or high school Milestone might be a good fit for you. Everyone else should run away now. Its not worth your time.
Shifts
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 8, 2018
One of the major downfalls is that it is a 24 hour call center, Shifts are detemined based off of performance and shift preference. Pay has also decreased from previous years.
Difficult to advance
L1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Positions are very limited. Career advancement is limited by the positions available. People who do more work seem to get less recognition over those more involved in office politics.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Bad management/leadership
Bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 28, 2018
Company was under a lot of pressure from the client. Asked to work miracles with your hands tied or without any autonomy to make real concrete decisions. Never any check-ins or 1:1s were followed up and is a real mess of a company.

Use your experience here for awhile and move on to something better.
Solid Place to gain experience
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 24, 2018
If you are struggling to get a decent job in a small town, this is a great place to start if you can get your foot in the door.
I would work here again if I did not relocate.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, snacks and coffee that free.
Cons
Hectic hours, rarely have weekends off, extreme rules and regulations.
Milestone Technology
Data Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
I was a lead and then a operations manager at Milestone. A typical work day was to have a morning meeting and then delegate work to myself and my employees. The management was good to work for had a good sense of direction. The workplace culture was easy and fun. The hardest part of the job was managing work when the customer had issues on their end. The most enjoyable part was completing the work assigned.
Got me in the IT field
IT Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 23, 2018
This job got me in the IT field and is experience that I was able to gain, other then that I had little to no contact with Milestone while I was working for them, benefits sucked, barley any PTO not a lot of opportunity.
Pros
easy job
Cons
everything else
Garbage Company run by Garbage people
IT Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2018
I was hired for a remote site away from the main MS headquarters, a few weeks later they fired my boss and just ignored me for months. No checking in, No one would answer when I called or asked for help. Its cool if you like that sort of thing, Checks always cleared. Real mess of a Company.
Pros
You are left entirely to your own devices
Cons
You are left entirely to your own devices
Miletsone Technologies
IT Concierge (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 4, 2018
Manager was put under a lot of pressure from the client and transferred that pressure to the employees.
Conflicts and issues were not resolved, just blame passed from group to group.
Good job with some down sides
SITE SERVICES TECHNICIAN I (Current Employee) –  AZApril 1, 2018
The job itself is not bad. The culture is really good and management is extremely friendly and helpful. Very easy to start here and fit right in. However, company does not provide promotions and raises as they should. Many employees feel under valued, especially for the work that is put in day-to-day
Fast pace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 27, 2018
I don't know how the company is today but when I was there a decade + ago, it was quite stressful. A typical day at work is meeting with the client, travel to client site, schedule workers for the task and managing / coordinating 15-30 technicians at job site until job is completed.
pay
Server Technician (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORFebruary 27, 2018
1 year with no raise , not what i was expecting , i was told when hired that if you work hard which i have and learn the job which i have also done , that you can move up in pay quickly , not the case , very detached from there employees .which is sad
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay is below standard
Growth opportunities
Administrator (Current Employee) –  FREMONT, CAFebruary 21, 2018
This company has had a recent management change and the new management is doing a lot of clean up and has renewed vision and goals for the company. However some of the old timers that are still there are very slow and political or incompetent.
a good experience
Reverse Logistics Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Overall it was a good learning experience. Management wasn't the best but otherwise it was the best job I've thus far. The benefits and pay were very good.
Dead-end opportunities
Jr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This company is a very Man driven (it's a man's world) kind of company. There is no room for advancement. There is very little to none team support. Management is unfair, and will not let you grow. CEO is very racist, and selfish.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestone Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight