Milestone Technologies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Difficult to advance
L1 Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
Positions are very limited. Career advancement is limited by the positions available. People who do more work seem to get less recognition over those more involved in office politics.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Bad management/leadership
Bad
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 28, 2018
Company was under a lot of pressure from the client. Asked to work miracles with your hands tied or without any autonomy to make real concrete decisions. Never any check-ins or 1:1s were followed up and is a real mess of a company.

Use your experience here for awhile and move on to something better.
Solid Place to gain experience
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJune 24, 2018
If you are struggling to get a decent job in a small town, this is a great place to start if you can get your foot in the door.
I would work here again if I did not relocate.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, snacks and coffee that free.
Cons
Hectic hours, rarely have weekends off, extreme rules and regulations.
Milestone Technology
Data Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2018
I was a lead and then a operations manager at Milestone. A typical work day was to have a morning meeting and then delegate work to myself and my employees. The management was good to work for had a good sense of direction. The workplace culture was easy and fun. The hardest part of the job was managing work when the customer had issues on their end. The most enjoyable part was completing the work assigned.
Got me in the IT field
IT Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 23, 2018
This job got me in the IT field and is experience that I was able to gain, other then that I had little to no contact with Milestone while I was working for them, benefits sucked, barley any PTO not a lot of opportunity.
Pros
easy job
Cons
everything else
Garbage Company run by Garbage people
IT Logistics Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2018
I was hired for a remote site away from the main MS headquarters, a few weeks later they fired my boss and just ignored me for months. No checking in, No one would answer when I called or asked for help. Its cool if you like that sort of thing, Checks always cleared. Real mess of a Company.
Pros
You are left entirely to your own devices
Cons
You are left entirely to your own devices
Miletsone Technologies
IT Concierge (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 4, 2018
Manager was put under a lot of pressure from the client and transferred that pressure to the employees.
Conflicts and issues were not resolved, just blame passed from group to group.
Good job with some down sides
SITE SERVICES TECHNICIAN I (Current Employee) –  AZApril 1, 2018
The job itself is not bad. The culture is really good and management is extremely friendly and helpful. Very easy to start here and fit right in. However, company does not provide promotions and raises as they should. Many employees feel under valued, especially for the work that is put in day-to-day
Fast pace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 27, 2018
I don't know how the company is today but when I was there a decade + ago, it was quite stressful. A typical day at work is meeting with the client, travel to client site, schedule workers for the task and managing / coordinating 15-30 technicians at job site until job is completed.
pay
Server Technician (Current Employee) –  Prineville, ORFebruary 27, 2018
1 year with no raise , not what i was expecting , i was told when hired that if you work hard which i have and learn the job which i have also done , that you can move up in pay quickly , not the case , very detached from there employees .which is sad
Pros
free lunch
Cons
pay is below standard
Growth opportunities
Administrator (Current Employee) –  FREMONT, CAFebruary 21, 2018
This company has had a recent management change and the new management is doing a lot of clean up and has renewed vision and goals for the company. However some of the old timers that are still there are very slow and political or incompetent.
a good experience
Reverse Logistics Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Overall it was a good learning experience. Management wasn't the best but otherwise it was the best job I've thus far. The benefits and pay were very good.
Dead-end opportunities
Jr. Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 13, 2018
This company is a very Man driven (it's a man's world) kind of company. There is no room for advancement. There is very little to none team support. Management is unfair, and will not let you grow. CEO is very racist, and selfish.
Milestone Tech
Audio/Video IT Executive Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Milestone provided technical expertise for the client. The workplace culture was very conducive to a stress free environment. Invest in your competent T2 and T3 technicians (training, education, equipment). Provide them with the tools needed to succeed and advance. Re-evaluate efficiency of current procedures.
Pros
Free food, Music during lunch, Happy Hour Thursdays
Cons
Mgmt too disconnected from the team. Information not always forth coming
N/a
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2018
busy, I learned different systems culture was good, management is good, collaborative fun family orientated culture is collaborative and everyone was like family
Productive and fun workplace
Project Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Milestone outsources IT professionals to major campuses in the Bay Area. A Milestone Representative will take care of all the hiring and other needs after on-boarding. Overall a very positive experience to work for this company.
Pros
Free food, shower at workplace, continuing education classes
nice job great benifits
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 24, 2018
nice job great benifits the people are all very sociable while the job is a little stressful and does require plenty of brainpower your greatly compensated and appreciated
Pros
pay, free lunch and pride
Cons
managment
Legit work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Great pay, great benefits, great people, but it can be tough working with the public. It was nice to have snacks, soda, and coffee. The people are willing to help you succeed.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Phones
Despite the other reviews....
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I’ve been with Milestone for over 2 years now. Love the people and the managers/supervisors.
Yes, they do care about numbers, it’s a business, who wouldn’t

I’m not sure why all these reviews say they were/are micromanaged in all aspects 🤷‍♀️ that has never been the case for me or anyone else I work close to.

I would recommend this job over and over.
Not sure what else to say!
.............
Pros
Fully stocked kitchen area and an awesome expresso machine yummm
Cons
The pay could be better imo
I enjoy working here
IT Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2018
I've enjoyed my time working for this company. Close atmosphere with local teams. Free food and drink each day. Understanding and open if time off is needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milestone Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight