Milford Public Schools Employee Reviews

Hostile work environment
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 8, 2019
Milford Public Schools is a very hostile environment and negative culture. Teaching staff do not respect paraprofessionals and principals are ineffective and not supportive. Students are allowed to be disrespectful without consequences and staff is immature and hateful.
Excellent
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTAugust 8, 2018
Milford Public Schools is a great place to work! I learned the value of collaboration, time management and work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job was working under a wonderful boss who listened and always provided constructive feedback.
Pros
Paid Time off
Food Service Setup
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 23, 2018
I enjoy seeing the children everyday and how they excel everyday on a day to day basis. Also how they enjoy their time spent enjoying breakfast and being productive
Kids First - Great District
Administrator (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 19, 2018
Milford Public Schools is a wonderful place to work. Students are clearly first, and at the heart of decisions. It is amazing what they are able to do with their budget allowance.
Pros
Great People - Solid PD
Cons
Budget Restraints
Public school
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 21, 2018
Public School setting
Classrooms
Following a group of students and assisting them in instruction they receive from teacher/s per their learning disability.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
politics; bureaucracy
Great Group to work for
Permanent Building Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 21, 2017
The school I worked for was kind, helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of my job was not knowing what I would be doing on a dad to day basis. I still connect with the ladies I worked with.
Pros
Fun to work with
Cons
need more licences to continue in the district
Worst job ever
Behavior Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 2, 2017
The paperwork alone makes this job bad. An employee is not
compensated for the work involved. Every step students make is tracked. Even the traffic and parking are nightmares. The hallways and classrooms are freezing in temperatures. The ceiling leaks and there is no maintenance done to rooms. The walls and floors are dingy instead of bright and cheery. The playground is dangerous for students who can easily open gates. No bathroom breaks if you need to use it, you need to wait for lunch. Favorite people are treated differently. Everyone tells you how to do your job even though you have a brain. People are hired with no or little experience doing ABA and are paid the same.
Little to say what's good here.
Cons
Very pleasant school to work in
teacher in five local school systems (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 18, 2017
Very pleasant school to work in. Staff very supportive. Hours were very good----8am -3 pm. Excellent flexibility---I could work or not as I chose.
A productive and energetic learning environment with great team members.
Long Term Substitute/ Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 26, 2015
A typical day working in the Milford Public Schools, for me, was overall exciting. Each day there was a new lesson and a new group of children to work with. I would typically switch from classroom to classroom, depending on what my schedule entailed. The teachers and staff were always very kind with uplifting spirits. The team I worked with daily kept me energetic and eager to learn. My favorite part of my day was when I worked specifically one on one with a student and helped him/ her accomplish many goals. A students progression is very rewarding to see. Managing a classroom takes patience and control. It is important to keep the classroom under control, but with as much care and empathy to each student's learning and ability. The most difficult part of the job would be when there are behavioral issues with a particular student, because it is a lot tougher not to have other students become distracted by him/ her. However, there are many ways to manage that kind of situation and ultimately practice and experience will only help better a teacher to handle and manage uncontrolled behavior.
Easy, fun job
Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 20, 2015
Computers are a large part of my life. There wasn't a day that I wasn't excited to go to work. My co-workers were nice, and so was my supervisor.
Exceptional workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 22, 2013
A typical day of work consists of classroom management made up of tutoring students, implementing lesson plans, and keeping a sharp focus on the children. I find my coworkers to be extremely supportive and motivated.
Public School Grades 5TH, 6TH, and 7TH
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  MIlford MAAugust 27, 2013
Teaching students sports, fitness, teamwork. How to win and lose gracefully.
Okay
Para-educator (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 20, 2012
Same treatment of paras I guess. The industry standard for salary is poor for the amount of work a para-educator does, expecially for those who provide one on one services including, toileting, diaper changing, and working in inclusive classrooms with severely handicapped students.
Nice people to work with and quality programming
Behavioral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 21, 2012
Quality programming. Colleagues were great. Micromanagement was the norm. Pay was extremely low for the work that was expected to be put in. Culture is not conducive to those who live outside of the town. Town politics definitely play a role in the work environment.
Pros
quality programming
Cons
pay, few breaks, micromanagement