Milford Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

CNA experience
CNA/SNA (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 21, 2018
This was a great experience for a nursing student looking to develop basic CNA skills and be in a hospital environment. Almost all of the nurses working during my shift would invite me into a patient's room if there was a procedure or medications that they thought would be important to know during my future nursing career.
A great place to work, poor department manager
Radiology Clinical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 13, 2018
Milford Hospital radiology department was a great place to work. Great people, good up to date technology. Then a fool with absolutely NO people skills and a Masters degree was made manager of the department. It turned a once thriving place to work into a place where employees dreaded to come to work under the new dictatorship.
It's a shame that the conspirators win in the end
Cons
An HR director with no conscience and a radiology department manager with even less
If you enjoy being micro managed and blatant displays of favoritism then this it the place for you!!
Peon (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 23, 2018
Management here is absolutely HORRIBLE as is HR. The level to which employees are micromanaged is ridiculous and the blatant displays of favoritism is very unprofessional. Management conducts themself as if they’re on a pedestal. I’ve dealt with serious sexual harassment by a former boss (not here) and would GLADLY deal with him again over the witch that I worked under. For being a medical center they have zero understanding and compassion for employees with sick children. In fact, if you have to call out for a sick child you’ll get written up! It’s ridiculous. If you have a child with special needs and have all sorts of service coordinators trying to get in touch with you during your shift about your child’s services for that day - don’t you dare touch your phone! You’ll get written up and fired for that too! Mind you the favorite sitting next to you can text their significant other all day in front of the boss and they don’t even bat an eye. They can also call out sick the same amount of times you had to (because you had a very sick child and no one to care for them and you had doctors notes to back it up) and while you receive warnings they receive nothing at all.

All this can be yours while being grossly underpaid!

Side note: I have friends who work in other departments for the hospital who all hate it and are actively seeking out other career opportunities.

Couldn’t pay me enough to go back and deal with that again.
Pros
Fellow peon employees and the patients are all nice
Cons
Need I say more. Grossly underpaid, micromanaging, blatant displays of favoritism etc
i recommend that place
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 17, 2018
very comfortable environment to work in. good pay. nice people
the commute is not bad
looking for other opportunities there
not willing to leave my current position as a per diem
Worst place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 1, 2018
I worked for Milford reg. Physicians group which is owned by Milford reg hosp. Most unorganized place to work. The treat there staff horrible. They bully there employees, they have no regard to medical assistants all offices are short staffed they can’t keep anyone. There is no longevity in this company we’re all under pd. The physicians are so rude to there staff. It’s a very hostile work environment. Heaven forbid if you have to take a day off for your sick child you get penalized. Pt’s are all treated as a number physicians are forced to see so many pts per day or they get penalized. I even stopped seeing my pcp as I couldn’t believe that we are all numbers and not pts. Overall horrible place to work
Pros
No pros when the hosp started going under everything was taken away
Cons
No breaks sometimes no lunches
Friendly place to work
Clinical Coordinator - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Great people with a family feel. A collabrotive work environment. Some educational oppertunities and occational advancement oppertunities. Occational cost of living adjustment
very Clean
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Very clean. Supervisor changed often on the floors. culture was excellent. Wide range of level of care.always expanding. no parking fees and no union which was good.
Pros
no parking fees
Cons
no union
productive, fast paced,
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 1, 2018
worked with many intelligent professionals, able to attain lots of knowledge, to help with the daily activities of the job. very busy environment, very important to be able to be proactive on a case by case situation.
Pros
willingness to include community, staff.
Cons
shift was not the best for me.
Great hospital to work for...
E. R. Secretary (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Good place to work, if you enjoy a fast paced environment and enjoy working with the patients.

I enjoy helping people and feel fulfilled in doing so,.
Great community hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 10, 2018
I am presently doing a 12 week 32hr day shift orientation to the 5th floor (oncology/ med surg). They do an excellent job welcoming new staff to the hospital, introduce you to every department and their education department is very supportive. The floor is busy, but I've noticed that the nurses really help each other and our managers do their best to support us. I'm learning a lot and would recommend this hospital to anyone looking to be part of a team.
Pros
Excellent orientation, teamwork, rewarding work
Cons
None so far
Great Crew but its been a while
Reference Lab Coordinator/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 9, 2018
I haven't worked at Milford Regional for years. When I left there was a very large sense of teamwork and collaboration that had a very positive impact on the patient community. I've been back in recent years and spoken to staff and that sense isn't there anymore.
Friendliest staff enviroment that ive even seen....
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2018
Great hospital staff really tries to give great patient care despite lack of raises to keep up with cost of living and cuts in staff..... they keep expanding services without the appropriate staffing.....and low wages so no one wants to take jobs.....
Pros
Lots of great hard working people
Cons
Lack of raises
Great environment
Ultrasonographer (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 5, 2018
At Milford we are more like a family. We all work together to get work done, It can be a very passed paced place. There are also days where it is relaxed and not so busy. Most of the time its a good steady pace. A lot of flexibility with hours is a plus. Everyone is willing to help out if you need a shift covered. I love where I work.
Productive, good coworkers.
Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 13, 2017
coded outpatient requisitions except emergency department.
I learned diseases and how to code for the billing department
Hardest part of the job is staying in a five day window. The volume of work made it impossible to reach the five day window goal. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 10, 2017
Nice community hospital to work at as a nurse. A lot to learn with a large patient population. Great education department to always advance education in your career.
good hospital
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 7, 2017
MWRH is a great community hospital to work for with friendly supportive staff. I would recommend this hospital to all type of staff. Good benefits and caring atmosphere.
Hospital environment
Telemetry Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 6, 2017
I had a great experience working at this hospital on the unit I worked on. It was a very busy unit but I enjoyed the experience there. My manager was very nice and employee oriented. She took pride in having an efficiently run unit and her employees were caring about their jobs, fellow staff and the patients.
Warm and comfortable work place
Registered Nurse in SDC/PACU (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 31, 2017
This is a warm and comfortable work place. The management seemed caring, but are micro managers. Coworkers were very helpful and friendly. The work culture is very patient-staff oriented. All staff members are committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care. Your typical work day is busy, no matter what department you are in. The best part of the job was helping patients and interacting with coworkers, patients and their family members. The pay is lower than most Massachusetts hospitals and there are no “traditional” annual raises.
Pros
coworks and benefits
Cons
management is not very supportive and micro manage
Productive and Fun Workplace
EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 19, 2017
A typical day is 8-4:30 pm. I am assigned at max 6 patients a day to perform EEG's on (in-patient or out-patient). There is one other tech to help as well as an awesome boss. It is a quiet space and very relaxed. The hardest part of the job is performing portables in the hospital but all around the job is very enjoyable! I recommend Milford Hospital to anyone.
Fast pace and educational workplace
Lead Sectretary of in-pt services (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 29, 2017
this is a very friendly and comfortable work place for all staff and patients alike. The management is a very caring group of people . the policies of the hospital are fair and in the best of everyone best interest.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
staffing can be short and many micro manage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milford Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight