Milford Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Worst place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAApril 1, 2018
I worked for Milford reg. Physicians group which is owned by Milford reg hosp. Most unorganized place to work. The treat there staff horrible. They bully there employees, they have no regard to medical assistants all offices are short staffed they can’t keep anyone. There is no longevity in this company we’re all under pd. The physicians are so rude to there staff. It’s a very hostile work environment. Heaven forbid if you have to take a day off for your sick child you get penalized. Pt’s are all treated as a number physicians are forced to see so many pts per day or they get penalized. I even stopped seeing my pcp as I couldn’t believe that we are all numbers and not pts. Overall horrible place to work
Pros
No pros when the hosp started going under everything was taken away
Cons
No breaks sometimes no lunches
Friendly place to work
Clinical Coordinator - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Great people with a family feel. A collabrotive work environment. Some educational oppertunities and occational advancement oppertunities. Occational cost of living adjustment
very Clean
PCA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 26, 2018
Very clean. Supervisor changed often on the floors. culture was excellent. Wide range of level of care.always expanding. no parking fees and no union which was good.
Pros
no parking fees
Cons
no union
productive, fast paced,
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMarch 1, 2018
worked with many intelligent professionals, able to attain lots of knowledge, to help with the daily activities of the job. very busy environment, very important to be able to be proactive on a case by case situation.
Pros
willingness to include community, staff.
Cons
shift was not the best for me.
Great hospital to work for...
E. R. Secretary (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Good place to work, if you enjoy a fast paced environment and enjoy working with the patients.

I enjoy helping people and feel fulfilled in doing so,.
Great community hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 10, 2018
I am presently doing a 12 week 32hr day shift orientation to the 5th floor (oncology/ med surg). They do an excellent job welcoming new staff to the hospital, introduce you to every department and their education department is very supportive. The floor is busy, but I've noticed that the nurses really help each other and our managers do their best to support us. I'm learning a lot and would recommend this hospital to anyone looking to be part of a team.
Pros
Excellent orientation, teamwork, rewarding work
Cons
None so far
Great Crew but its been a while
Reference Lab Coordinator/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 9, 2018
I haven't worked at Milford Regional for years. When I left there was a very large sense of teamwork and collaboration that had a very positive impact on the patient community. I've been back in recent years and spoken to staff and that sense isn't there anymore.
Friendliest staff enviroment that ive even seen....
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 11, 2018
Great hospital staff really tries to give great patient care despite lack of raises to keep up with cost of living and cuts in staff..... they keep expanding services without the appropriate staffing.....and low wages so no one wants to take jobs.....
Pros
Lots of great hard working people
Cons
Lack of raises
Great environment
Ultrasonographer (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJanuary 5, 2018
At Milford we are more like a family. We all work together to get work done, It can be a very passed paced place. There are also days where it is relaxed and not so busy. Most of the time its a good steady pace. A lot of flexibility with hours is a plus. Everyone is willing to help out if you need a shift covered. I love where I work.
Productive, good coworkers.
Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 13, 2017
coded outpatient requisitions except emergency department.
I learned diseases and how to code for the billing department
Hardest part of the job is staying in a five day window. The volume of work made it impossible to reach the five day window goal. The people were the most enjoyable part of the job.

Want to know more about Milford Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
Registered Nurse- Medical Surgical (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 10, 2017
Nice community hospital to work at as a nurse. A lot to learn with a large patient population. Great education department to always advance education in your career.
good hospital
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 7, 2017
MWRH is a great community hospital to work for with friendly supportive staff. I would recommend this hospital to all type of staff. Good benefits and caring atmosphere.
Hospital environment
Telemetry Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAOctober 6, 2017
I had a great experience working at this hospital on the unit I worked on. It was a very busy unit but I enjoyed the experience there. My manager was very nice and employee oriented. She took pride in having an efficiently run unit and her employees were caring about their jobs, fellow staff and the patients.
Warm and comfortable work place
Registered Nurse in SDC/PACU (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 31, 2017
This is a warm and comfortable work place. The management seemed caring, but are micro managers. Coworkers were very helpful and friendly. The work culture is very patient-staff oriented. All staff members are committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care. Your typical work day is busy, no matter what department you are in. The best part of the job was helping patients and interacting with coworkers, patients and their family members. The pay is lower than most Massachusetts hospitals and there are no “traditional” annual raises.
Pros
coworks and benefits
Cons
management is not very supportive and micro manage
Productive and Fun Workplace
EEG Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 19, 2017
A typical day is 8-4:30 pm. I am assigned at max 6 patients a day to perform EEG's on (in-patient or out-patient). There is one other tech to help as well as an awesome boss. It is a quiet space and very relaxed. The hardest part of the job is performing portables in the hospital but all around the job is very enjoyable! I recommend Milford Hospital to anyone.
Fast pace and educational workplace
Lead Sectretary of in-pt services (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 29, 2017
this is a very friendly and comfortable work place for all staff and patients alike. The management is a very caring group of people . the policies of the hospital are fair and in the best of everyone best interest.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
staffing can be short and many micro manage
Interesting, special project
Clinical Reviewer and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJuly 27, 2017
This job was a time limited special project. Co workers were very helpful and pleasant.
Project was less stressful than management position.This project was with the Quality Department and involved gathering clinical data and reporting it to different agencies as well as analyzing it.
Pros
interesting, quite
Cons
it was a limited project position
Community hospital with a community atmosphere
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 15, 2017
Everyone is professional, from management to employees. Along with professionalism is a genuine caring attitude. It makes serving our community that much easier.
Wonderful environment, great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 30, 2017
Typical work day...busy supporting Vice President and her direct reports. Attending meetings, taking minutes. Keeping calendar and agenda for the day. I learned to apply my great organizational skills. The work culture is very family oriented. Hardest part of the job was not knowing if your job was secure due to the economy and healthcare, The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people and the interaction with coworkers, patients and visitors.
Pros
Yearly cookouts
Cons
No break time
Productive workplace with excellent coworkers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milford, MAMay 10, 2017
Although the pharmacy is small, the coworkers are all extremely friendly and willing to go out of their way to help each other. Everyone is committed to providing exceptional patient-centered care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Milford Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight