Milgard Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Productive fast moving place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 15, 2017
Milgard was a productive place to work. Can be stressful at points but you cant let that affect your work ability. Management was not always the when it came down to some circumstances but they were for the most part a good group to work with.
Fast paced and tough environment
Worker (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced work with appropriate breaks in accordance with state and federal law. Learned several positions and definitely saw a ladder available to move up in the company. Management was great although like any company there were issues at times. The overall workplace culture was decent because of the emphasis on safety but there was definitely concerns every now and then. The hardest part of this job with a long labor intensive hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the safety lunches and consistent pay raises.
Pros
Safety Lunches, great supervisor, Long hours which equated to decent pay, emphasis on safety
Cons
Tough work with long hours, some employees were troublesome, slow accruing of vacation hours
sucks
Production Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 15, 2017
its a fast paced unlikeable job didnt suit methey asked foir to much and didnt give me enough pay for it they rush you to each statioin and ask u to be fast then ciondem you for assking for more work
Demanding job with very little coaching and training
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 12, 2017
In my 2 year experience with milgard i have come to the conclusion that management is so worried about there own advancement they do not take time to appreciate the employees who actually do the job.
Pros
plenty of work
Cons
tools and training are subpar
high demand low wage paying employer
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 29, 2017
definitely only a temporary employment option very high demand low wage paying company with little to no chance to advance a very high turnover rate management does not balance workload on the production line there is little cross training wages to workload are not accounted for so that hardest work pays the least
not a very good workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 16, 2017
migard does not care about their employees i really did not enjoy working for this company. they want you to learn how to do every job and not compensate you and the work hours are not enough to live off of
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tableI really don't have to many positives things to say about Milgard other than it was a learni
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2016
Arrive to work 45 minutes before shift if I didn't have classes to attend to start to prepare for daily task. Spent most of my time doing process audits and safety observation. Had continuous education through weekly classes which made for long days. Their was a big turn over with management and supervisors during my two years with Milgard. The most difficult task daily was keeping the tools operational for positive results. The best part about Milgard was it had a bonus program for hourly employees which happened monthly.
Pros
Good to employees
Cons
Bad to managers/supervisors
Great workplace
IG Swing (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAJune 15, 2016
Shift supervisor is a great leader with an effective goal and plan to get the work needed to be done that day. Employees are good hard working people and are good communicators to make sure product is completed correct.
Productive work place, building windows and doors
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA 92590April 7, 2016
Milgard is a great place to work a full time job, with good management, friendly co-workers, and a clean and safe work enviorment. Milgards cross training is on point and allows all employees to train and learn everything there is to know about the process of building windows and doors. The hardest part about working at Milgard would be the long shifts, and the easy part about woking at Milgard would be the other employees who are friendly and experienced.
Pros
Higher than minimum wage
Cons
Long shifts
Dont work in production.
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 15, 2015
The other departments may be fine but production kind of sucks, co workers are fine.
everyone is quitting though, tired of being under payed and over worked, if i could do it over id avoid working here all together.
If you have to though just make sure its only a stepping stone
Pros
Ot
Cons
Ot
nice place to work if you like long hours
Manufacture (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 24, 2015
this is a nice place to work the people are kind and the management are understanding, health care is really nice hours are long and there is no cooling/heating systems in place, the skills you come out of there with can be used for the rest of your life.
Pros
good people. easy work but fast, health care
Cons
long hours, its hot or freezing
alot of work to be done no matter work area
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  fife, waOctober 31, 2014
the people you meet here will help you through your day to day work here,
Pros
great place to meet new people
Cons
management
Productive and fast paced work place with exelent people.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 22, 2014
A Typical day at Milgard is fast paced witch makes for a fast day. Ive learned how to spot defects on product and how to fix the problem. The Management is great always helpful and quick to solve any problem i had. i love my co-workers they are a great group of people always willing to lend a hand. the hardest part of my job would have to be all the training and testing.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Doesnt care about personal well being
hard work for to little pay!!!
production (Former Employee) –  SacramentoSeptember 6, 2014
They don't pay enough, an expect you to give them the world. You have no say so on the MANDATORY overtime. Day shift gets paid 9.50, Now that is a joke.
Cons
Overall just a bad company to work for
Production management (Current Employee) –  Simi ValleyAugust 26, 2014
Milgard has a very good name but it's all a Facade. For starters there is no room for advancement and no type of development program in place. I was expecting a world class company with opportunity to develop my career but that was not the case, training consisted of shadowing your peers and learning as you go. I was given a clip board and told "good luck". the technology available is ancient, ERP system is outdated I believe it's from the late 80's or early 90's it's a green screen with very little accuracy and limited control from inventory to sales orders to running reports. In addition to that drawing specs and configurations are very difficult to look up, only a select few have access and it makes work more challenging then is needs to be. The culture is very bad and that's from top to bottom, my employees, peers and coworkers never have anything positive to say about the company. Honestly I can go on and on about how bad this company is but it'll take too long. I just wish someone had warned me about Milgard before I accepted the position now I'm stuck. I feel my skills and intellect have diminished since I started working for Milgard.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not a fun environment...Management unfair
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Sacramento Ca.March 26, 2014
I was working in the Sacramento plant through a staffing firm for about 6 month in the Receiving department,unloading trucks and checking in orders...I was interviewed for a full time permanent position in the same department/same position I was working ...only to be told 2 days later I did not have enough experience for the position, and was released from my temporary position.
Pros
Close to home, some good Co-workers
Cons
Management creates a hostile work environment
Friendly work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAOctober 3, 2013
Being an employee for Milgard Windows&Doors was were I was able to review and learn a lot of new technical skills. My co-workers were eager to teach and allow me to grow. I was comfortable in the work environment to ask questions, meet vendors and learn how the process of shipping and handling company packages world wide. I had the pleasure of interacting with Executive staff, owners, and others that make the company as successful as it is.
Pros
my own workspace with desk/fast pace
Cons
healthcare
Disappointing Management and Fellow Staff
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 26, 2013
Most employees are great and very helpful. There are a couple of people that are very rude and should not be training or managing people. Definately agree with the fact that they play favorites. I am very disappointed. They need probably a third to double more people to keep up with the work load. I was working 8-10 hour days and being told that wasn't enough.
Pros
Great benefits and good pay!
Cons
Way too many responsibilities for a new employee with nobody to assist.
great work place
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WashingtonAugust 17, 2013
my over all experience at milgards windows was just a lot of overtime. I loved working here just wanted to advance
great management and helpful employes
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAAugust 6, 2013
I had fun working for milgard, the people there are helpful with everything and I learned a lot while I was there. I wish I could go back there but since im in school it would be hard to.
Pros
great place and the pay is great
Cons
n/a