Milhaus Employee Reviews

Wasting your time
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2018
If you're looking to be demoralized, underpaid, unappreciated, working in a totally disorganized surrounding....then Milhaus is the perfect opportunity. Weak management, non commitment to property, horrific inventory....Milhaus has it all! If you want to leave work totally deflated, don't hesitate to move forward with your application. Best wishes.
Not a people company
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MINovember 29, 2017
The company always focused on the money aspect instead of focusing on the customer who makes the place what it is. The management never utilized the team and made you feel useless until they needed something which was maybe once a week if lucky. There was always a turn over with staff and movement without any notice making your own job seem in jeopardy. The corporate office did not listen to the staff at their managing companies and it was made a point to not reach out to them as it was a level to go through. When I went through the level I never received help due to the manager on site not wanting to relay the message and create a front that everything was smooth when it was not. The managers talk about staff behind their back and with a small staff it gets back quickly and then you feel awkward. The compensation for dealing with the clients is not worth it and never feel appreciated. There is no opportunity to grow and they do not ask people to show what they are capable of and hide all information from owners. The staff the contract is terrible and they do not seem to put a fire on them to improve their standards to make us look better.
Pros
do nothing
Cons
bored, staff talk about each other like gossip, little benefits and encouragement.
Not a good place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 24, 2017
Basically came to work and did nothing all day. We were never properly trained and it took forever to hear back from Milhaus Management when we needed answers. Everyone was on edge when someone from home office would visit because everything they did was very hush hush. The regional director never learned my name even though I had met her several times.
Pros
Liars, very hush hush, apartments were in horrible condition
Cons
management, no guidance, no training, disrespectful to employees
Great culture, fast paced, entrepreneurial
Not Disclosed (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 10, 2017
If you are looking for a dynamic environment where you'll be treated like a valued asset and encouraged to flex all your skills and contribute entrepreneurial ideas and be rewarded, Milhaus is the place for you. If you have grit and thrive on new challenges, changing circumstances and priorities... If you like to work hard and play hard, this is the place for you. We take time out here to celebrate and have fun and we are very family friendly and flexible. If you are tired of too formal dress codes and work environment rules...If you want to contribute to transforming and revitalizing neighborhoods around the US, this is the place.
Pros
Great employee events, good benefits, flexible and casual work environment with family focus, great technology, available and approachable execs
Cons
Need more proactive approach to employee development and engagement from Execs
A work hard, play hard culture
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2017
Milhaus has a very fast-paced and collaborative culture, which means there's never a dull moment! One of my favorite things about this company is the entrepreneurial vibe; good ideas are heard and rewarded, and you don't run into red tape at every turn. I truly believe in what the company stands for, and it's exciting to watch it grow.
Pros
fun environment, casual workplace, flexible schedule
Job was great
HVAC Certified Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2016
Awesome company to work for with great benefits
Increased knowledge of maintenance mechanics
great employees to work with
hardest part of the job was the hours