MILK SPECIALTIES GLOBAL Employee Reviews

Poor management, will use you
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIFebruary 1, 2019
Management is completely reactive. Not a good place to work, as the turn over rate reflects at above 80%. The more you do, the more they expect out of you. Most managment has been there less than a year, and keeps revolving. This place just won't get it right!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Revolving door
Growing Company with room for Advancement and a fun environment
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Port Edwards, WIJanuary 15, 2019
This is the best the company i have ever worked for ! Great Benefits, a solid group of people that are willing to teach you whatever you strive to learn. I started at the lowest level in the warehouse and within 2 years i have moved up to a leadership role that was earned through willingness to learn, hard work, and people that were willing to put there neck out for me. If they see potential you will go places here. Really a good place to learn and develop! I will never forget the experiences and peers that have positively influenced my life and career.

I give Milk Specialties a 10 out of 10.
Pros
Own your Position, broad spectrum of learning opportunities
Cons
A lot of Overtime (good or bad depending on how you look at it)
workday
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, NEJanuary 1, 2019
my work day started by changing out then going on to the production floor too see what we were running then going to the packing room to start my shift
Enjoyed working there
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILOctober 25, 2018
I enjoyed coming to work and loading rail cars. There was never a boring moment. The work kept you busy. The hardest part of the job was working in the cold, during bad weather.
Poor
Machine Operator (Filtration) (Current Employee) –  Adell, WISeptember 20, 2018
Poor management. Unsafe work environment. Unclean break rooms Unclean poorly maintain restrooms. Unwillingness of management to maintain work equipment.
Too much turnover
Blender (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIJuly 28, 2018
There are too many new employees and there is a work culture there that provides extra stress and attention to individuals who are scrutinized because of personalities versus principles and work ethic.
Pros
Many in middle management are good people.
Cons
Too high a turnover rate
Stressful and tense workplace
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Lake, MNApril 24, 2018
The management was terrible and "played favorites". Days weren't bad. 12 hour days. Two days on. Two days off. From 6 am to 6 pm. The place would be great if it wasn't for the management/supervisor.
Great place for entry level experience!
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIApril 13, 2018
I started this position right out of college, and the experience I acquired in the lab and for the production floor was amazing. The benefits were very generous too.
Pros
Management, Benefits
Cons
Commute, especially in winter
work for entry level
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 29, 2018
plant rounds , milk receiving to the plant ,also how to trouble shot motors ,no stop learning experience ,chart recorder adjustments,
seals installation on centrifugal pumps and pdp pumps , roll up door install,sink and toilet install
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
work solo
Could be a great workplace...
Employee (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Fair and consistent practices are not followed or encouraged. Growth and advancement opportunities are non-existent at the plant level for most people. Could be a great workplace if a management that took charge and cared was in place.
Horrible mangement
Quality Control Inspector/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wautoma, WIJanuary 19, 2018
High turn overs rate.. pay is about the only thing about the place... management don’t care they are about business not employees talk to anyone they will say they hate working there
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything but the pay
Hard Place to work
Utility Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Few people worked there but wanted people to do more than one job for little pay. They didn't have to proper tools for the job you needed to do. You ended up having to work more and harder than the pay rate that was given.
productive
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CADecember 12, 2017
Working as a Machine operator it was a very stressful position. Having to fill 50 lb. bags of protein powder at a very fast pace was fun a very rewarding.
Be cautious when working there
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WINovember 16, 2017
Very fast pace can be stressful There is a lot of rework caused by human error. The supervisor will get stressed out when there is rework and they get very ordinary.
Great for First thing laborers
Blender Operator (Current Employee) –  Wautoma, WINovember 7, 2017
MSG is great on pay for the small area it's located in, Management is way to strict on the point system but over all makes a great first job , wouldn't recommend for those with a busy family life.
Pros
Insurance and benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Management, point system
Close to home
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Wautoma, WINovember 6, 2017
Fast paced, hard work, usually stressful. The people in production are nice and very helpful to new workers. The 3rd shift leads are excellent and understanding.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
stressful
poor safety conditions
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Paris, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Most of the management staff were good people but the owner were to cheap for fix the safety issues. After getting badly burned I could not work around the equipment anymore.
Lab tech (Current Employee) –  Paris, ILJuly 28, 2017
An easy and flexible job while I was in school. There is a high turnover rate in the factory but the office and management have been consistent. Employees get along well and our cooperative.
Such a fun environment!
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Wautoma, WIJuly 27, 2017
Honestly working here was great. This was one of my favorite places to work. It was so fast and it kept my brain going. I loved the people I worked with, they made the night go by faster! Milk Specialties had a lot to offer, like life insurance and health and dental . I loved working there I always felt appreciated.
Hard manual labor
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Adell, WIJuly 13, 2017
I worked 12 hour shifts most of which felt unsafe even though the company was Osha certified. The management didn't handle problems in a timely fashion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MILK SPECIALTIES GLOBAL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight