Millcreek of Pontotoc Employee Reviews

Behavior Health Specialist
Psychiatric Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSMay 22, 2019
If you want to work minimum wage with very small pay increase it’s the job for you . I wouldn’t send my daughter here ever . You will work hard for very few hours fighting with kids getting hit punched kicked spit in face lied on . For $8.00 some there are getting paid $7.25 . Save yourself the application and don’t apply here . DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA worse than IQOR . They all worried about your business and screwing each other . TERRIBLE JOB
The kids are fine, the management is nuts
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJanuary 21, 2019
Told to use CBT, this may work in a more calming environment. Always appeared to be a competition between nursing and therapy. Therapists try to at MD and give medical orders. This is illegal. Too many adolescents we're repeat visitors. Psych diagnosis was never implemented per guidelines. People hurt are the patients.
Pros
Down time at night
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
This is a good place to work, but for my educational level I cannot make it on the salary I’m paid. I like the staff I work with and for.
Psych Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSSeptember 5, 2018
It’s a good company to work for. The insurance is great and the Staff is easy to work for. They work with you in any situation . The pay is not enough for me for what I do that’s the major problem that I have. I have a very good work environment .
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Sometimes it gets stressful because the students sometimes get upset
Psychiatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSAugust 27, 2018
Poor leadership ,unorganized ,and unethical
Three things no worker should stand for. The patients are not number one to the staff. Those children need compassion. Not crooked staff members.
Very high staff turnover
Staff (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJuly 17, 2018
Staff jobs are low pay and high stress but easy to get by with little effort. Low temper is a must. Work schedule is ok but peers are absent a lot. Overall a decent place to work to get by.
Pros
Free lunch for staff. Support employees are usually low stress.
Cons
Non competitive pay and morale is very low
No one is on the same page
Psychiatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJune 29, 2018
Night shift was not for me. It affected my blood sugar in a negative way. No one was on the same page. The head of the company has no idea what goes on from day to day.
Pros
Chequila McKinney
Idk
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJune 16, 2018
This job is a great job!.. the hours are long and the kids can get out of hand but if you have patients the job is good... Benifits are good as well ... overtime is provided
Millcreek of Pontotoc
Therapist, LMSW (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJune 14, 2018
This job is honestly a dream come true if you're looking to gain experience in therapy. I have learned a lot here and have an incredible boss. The therapy department is very close knit and empowering. Your workload is manageable and you afforded tons of flexibility in managing your cases. Average day can include admissions, staffing, discharges, group therapy, assessments, and individual therapy sessions. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of your paperwork and documentation. The most enjoyable part of the job is sharing ideas with colleagues and collaborating with other departments to develop strategies for helping patients flourish. Overall, I love being here and simply need to increase income for supporting my new daughter also accounting for higher cost of living. If money wasn't so important right now I would not even leave!!
Pros
Flexible lunch hours, Not being micromanaged
Cons
chaotic days, unpredictable work environment, stressful days
No professionalism at all
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  PontotocMarch 9, 2018
This place is so inconsistent, poor management, no support from management, only worked there until I found something better. Always short staff. The level of training was not sufficient. Your risk of getting investigated by the Attorney General is high which may result in charges.
Pros
Non
Cons
To many to name
work
Psychiatric Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJanuary 18, 2018
Assist with psychiatric treatment of adolescence patients by providing guidance, structure and discipline when necessary to develop strategies to promote a patient's wellness and independence.
The work environment was hostile
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSDecember 29, 2017
I must admit it doesn't take long for advancement but at what cost. The pay is very low for the job you are doing. They don't have your best interest in mind especially not your safety.
Pay rate and availability
Registered Nurse/RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSNovember 13, 2017
The pay rate is very low and the availability for a career advancement is biased. I loved my job and probably would retired there but the pay was terrible.
my opion
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSOctober 21, 2017
a three star rating due to lack of DON supervision, lack of team work and diversity, call ins created a problem with coverage. I did enjoy working with the patients and making a positive difference in their lives
Millcreek of Pontotoc
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working as a teacher at Millcreek of Pontotoc. The staff provides employees with training that helps you know how to deal with emotionally disturbed students. The principal was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend this facility to future students,and family if the need arises.
Pros
Caring for students atmosphere
Cons
Long drive 45 min from where I moved
A great place to work if you love a comfortable casual workplace.
Receptionist/Medical Records/PI Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSOctober 2, 2017
This job is great for a person that would like job advancement. I love that they offer jobs in-house first. The work environment can be stressful, but it is also rewarding.
Pros
Casual office wear
Cons
Coatly healthcare
Negative work environment
Psychiatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJuly 19, 2017
The youth that I worked with were well intentioned and needed the love and care from adults and peers. At the time that I worked at Millcreek the culture was toxic and negative.
Work is rewarding, environment is the tough part.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSMarch 27, 2017
Work is rewarding, environment is the tough part. The kids are difficult but the progress you see is great. The staff is unprofessional to say the least.
Psychiatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSJanuary 18, 2016
Worked hands on with behavior kids in there cottage (home) life and during school. The staff i worked with was great. The hardest part was when i went home every day but knew they couldn't or didn't have a home.
Very strssful and intensify place to work.
Elementary Teacher for EMD (Former Employee) –  Pontotoc, MSNovember 9, 2015
No breaks, enjoyed co-wrokers and supervisor, typical day required you to be flexible and you may not always get to complete what you had planned for the day.
Cons
No breaks, very stressful environment
Working from your heart
LPN (Current Employee) –  Pontotoc MsMay 14, 2015
This job is one done from the heart. The clients are children from ages 6-18 and you will be touched by them. Their stories are some what horrific for the most part but they will amaze you with their strength, it has been an honor to work here.
Pros
free lunches, ok benefits.
Cons
taking the job home with you on stressful days.