Mille Lacs Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a recommended place to work
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Onamia, MNNovember 17, 2017
Management is not concerned with the happiness of employees nor does it care that "good" employees are leaving at a very fast pace.
Pay is not competitive nor are the benefits.

Upper management is less concerned for the employees that work there then they are for the "bottom dollar".

Patient care is sub par due to the incompetency's of a lot of staff and under staffing of most areas.
Pros
flexible work hours at least in lab
Cons
pay, benefits, management
work can be varied
Radiology Technologist(FTE) (Current Employee) –  Radiology DepartmentSeptember 18, 2017
Some days the workflow can be light, while others be busy. Nice balance of clinical exams and trauma's during the day. mostly emergent and trauma exams at night. Keeps the day to day from getting boring
Pros
Facility does many fun things through out the year: free ice cream day, chili cook off, etc.
Cons
non traditional holiday pay.
Fun workbplace
Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  OnamiaAugust 25, 2017
Enjoy my job. Very good management and good team work. Love the staff and love all the patients who come and go. A very good work environment. My reason for wanting to leave is to work closer to home.
Pros
Always room for growth
Cons
A lot of call ins
Productive work place, with good friendships.
Registered Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  Onamia, MNAugust 17, 2017
Ambulatory and In patient health care facility to include family practice, consulting specialties including Surgery,Cardiology, Othalmology, Orthopedics,Neurology, Psychology and more.
Skilled Nursing and phone messaging.

Fast paced.
Short staffed.
Communication issues.
Management could be improved.
Pros
Working with patients of culture and diversity.
Cons
Working shorthanded.
Nice small town to work in.
Clinical Dietitian/Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNAugust 14, 2017
Serve as the lead clinical dietitian to prescribe and provide education on dietary lifestyle changes for patients in the hospital and clinic as well as for the residents in long-term care. Complete MDS’s and care plans for residents. Work as a team with a RN to develop the diabetes program and teach diabetes classes to patients. Created or updated the facility’s clinical nutrition policies and procedures in order to meet local, state, and national standards. Create branded educational pamphlets for patients to aid in information retention and serve as provider nutrition education handouts. Serve as the wellness coordinator in developing an employee wellness program to improve the health of our employees while reducing insurance premiums.
Working at MLHS
Admissions Registrar (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJuly 10, 2017
Some staff were kind some were terrible. All LTC and Nursing home staff were rude, arrogant and would be backdoor bullies to other departments.

The admissions position was a good fit, for someone not wanting to go anywhere else in their life. The room for advancement was terrible. A gal worked there for years, worked her behind off for the company, and actually did the managerial role while we did not have one... the company then went and gave an outsider the position and took it away from that gal. She was probably the best manager I have ever had for that short period of time. MLHS made a big mistake. Just because someone has a degree doesn't mean they are more knowledgeable than someone who has worked their for years.

Pay was terrible, they need more competitive wages, otherwise, their turnover will stay incredibly high.
Cons
Pay
Laid off
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNMay 11, 2017
I like working for this company. Because the finance was so bad they decided to send the business office work to a group in Mississippi. My department & my job was eliminated.
Secure employer with good benefits and competitive pay.
Dietarty Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJune 22, 2016
The pros :

Management: Fair, helpful, and friendly. Upper-management/Members of the board here were some of the nicest people I've met in my life.

Compensation: Base pay in my department was above other positions of similar qualifications. Solid benefits as well, 403b, healthcare, dental, vision, PTO.

Overtime: Depending on your department there can be a lot or none at all.

Security: Once again not all departments are the same but mine was very secure.

The cons:

Management rarely help-out if lower-level employees are struggling or understaffed.

My department was unionized and the raises were fixed and minute. This non-merit based system made it so very few employees put forth their best effort.

Lots of call-ins and open shifts. Employee turnover was very high in Nursing and Dietary.

The hardest part was the constant negative work environment. Many coworkers would complain. Furthermore "backstabbing" and gossip were a cornerstone of the culture there.

The most enjoyable part was the pay... The residents/patients there always had interesting stories to tell and they were a reason I took pride in my job.
Pros
Good benefits, good base pay, high job-security, overtime opportunities, good hours, every other weekend off.
Cons
Small raises, little to no room for advancement, negative work environment, undependable coworkers.
Great Place to work
DIRECTOR OF NUTRITIONAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed the people and the managers at Mille Lacs Health System.
I was a manager there for almost 10 years. I wish I would of never left.
Pros
great people
Cons
No Cons
Horrible management
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Onamia, mnOctober 25, 2015
No support from management. Very few standards enforced. They use two tracking systems that don't communicate with each other so there is a lot of redundancy. When you ask for a basic software modification, such as alphabetizing a list, you are told it can't be done. Employees talk about patients in a gossiping manner, extreme hippa violations daily.
Pros
Good lunches, they do support the community.
Cons
Don't do it.
Not a great work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNAugust 23, 2014
Never again!!!! I don't recommend working here unless you want to be unhappy every day.....
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Management, pay, horrible back stabbing co-workers.
Great job!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Onamia, MNJanuary 4, 2014
I love how well the staff work together. The staff make the difference for the lives of the residents.
Variety - working many different areas of health care
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Onamia, MNJuly 11, 2013

Enjoyed this job very much - suffered an injury and they wouldn't work me

Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse, Patient Educator, Pre-Surgical Coordinator, Home Care Nurse, Nursing Home Nurse

Charge Nurse for 8 years
Worked in emergency, operating room, pediatrics, obstetrics, med/surg, nursing home, ICU, cardiac rehab and assist with cardiac stress tests
any duties assigned
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Difficult working with management