Millennia Housing Management, Ltd.
Happiness rating is 49 out of 100

Millennia Housing Management, Ltd. Employee Reviews

millennia was a good company to work for i enjoyed it they were good about helping with resident events. i was able to help the lower income people in our community by holding resident events
Pros
they encourage goals to be met
Cons
they sometimes late on bill paying
For the first time in years I love my job! Everyone in the company is supportive of each other , no matter what your job title! Training is provided and if an employee has a problem, then retraining is also provided. Employees are given ample opportunities to succeed with this company, there is a true “open door” policy and the company takes communication very seriously. Over all just a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Training and Communication- supportive of employees
Cons
None to speak of
Great company to work for nice area in the uptown Toledo area... I had a beautiful experience working for one of the premier high rises in the area...
Great Company with values, morals, and room for growth. They are truly vested into ensuring that all employees have the tools needed to do their job accurately.
A typical day at work would start out by helping clean the building; vacuuming, mopping, etc. because we were understaffed. This would take an hour to two hours. Then we would attend a "daily" staff meeting but only took place two times a week or not at all. Any of my ideas, suggestions or input would be ignored or ridiculed. If there wasn't a meeting , we were told to continue with what we working on from the day before. We would work on turnovers, service calls and snow removal if needed. Also had to fit in daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports, which most of the time would be neglected by the maintenance supervisor to get other stuff done. There would be special meetings in which I would get called into the property managers office from referral by the maintenance supervisor, On different occasions, I was told I vacuumed too fast, I vacuumed too slow, I was told I used too much side walk salt; because this caused the janitor to do more vacuuming, Too many double standards! I was informed when I got hired that it was my call to determine how much salt to use to make the walks safe for the residents. I was told I forget too much and that I should see a doctor, but it was okay when the manager and maintenance supervisor would often reply with a "I forgot" when I asked them a question. I was humiliated in front of the staff several times by the manager. I was rudely informed that I wasn't allowed to go anywhere when I was on call on my weekend 15 minutes after the maintenance supervisor asked what I had planned for the weekend.I was ridiculed several times though out - more...
Pros
Cons
No sense of accomplishment, negative work environment
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Training is horrible!!!!!!From day one there were problems, my life had been threatened by the residents. People were breaking into other people's units, Upper management does nothing to help, Fire at the community office management was very poor in getting us the equipment that we needed to start back after the fire. Management talk to like you're a child very rude and nasty.HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY I EVER WORKED FOR!!!!!!! RUN
Pros
Cons
You can't trust this company they have done so many employees wrong
I enjoy working at Millennia. Millennia is a company that respects and cares for their employees. Millennia has remained vigilant on ensuring the workplace is a productive and fair environment. They also provide an opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
Advancement and Opportunities
Every day is exciting at Millennia with new challenges and residents to help. The workplace environment is collaborative and it is rewarding to enrich the lives of our residents. The office is right downtown and they distribute tickets regularly to the Indians and other local events. The staff is very nice and all work toward common goals.
I love working at Millennia because the mission is so apparent. There's a ton of visibility to upper management, and the CEO is very much involved in every department.
I enjoyed the work at Millenia. I was a maintenance person at a 76 unit apt complex for 9 years and Millenia bought the property . They retained me and treated me very well. They rehabbed the property and made it very nice. The company was great,however my direct manager was abusive to tenants , me and the company. The corporate people were good .The pay and benefits were excellent and I would highly recommend millennia as a good employee.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. No free lunches except for the manager
Cons
Call outs any time 24/7
I can honestly say that I love my job as a Property Manager. My schedule is pretty flexible as long as I get it approved with my Regional who is very responsive. Day-to-day operations cannot always be planned but when unexpected things arise we have the tools and assistance from our Corporate Office to assist in solving the problem. I can always use more money as the more you make the more you spend but I feel my annual salary is fairly inline with my responsibilities. With a score of 96 on our 2020 REAC and almost perfect file audits from the city and OCCH, I have to commend upper Management (Regional), my other Property Managers, and Corporate Office for the support that aids in my success.
Pros
Annual bonus, flexible work hours for management, ability to Manage w/the support from Corporate
Cons
no playground for kids, no workout room or computer room
Millennia is a fast growing company and we are dedicated to ensure we provide the highest quality of standards in the management, operation and development and construction of affordable rental housing, thereby striving to enrich the quality of life for our residents.
Pros
Executive leadership team will listen and take the appropriate actions necessary.
Cons
We can't fix, what we are unaware of. Please reach out.
Interview process was smooth, company uses third party, outsourced organization to run background checks and require documentation from past employers to prove your employment. Company was dishonest about work environment, Office was infested with bugs, no heat, did not pay bills, and was on the news. Company expected you to work miracles and gave you no tools. Organization is quick to demote. Employment lasted about a month. Senior manager positions are a joke.
Pros
decent coworkers
Cons
expensive insurance, hazardous work environment
In my time with Millennia, I have had nothing but good experiences. Management is always willing to help when needed, but also allows you to succeed individually. Employees are treated well, and I feel appreciated.
I've worked for Millennia Housing for over two years. My manager is great and my whole team feels like family. Lot's of room for advancement. My residents are great. The best place I've ever worked!
I started with Millennia about 6 years ago. When I went to my first conference in Cleveland and listened to different speakers along with the President of our company, I knew I had picked the right company to work for. Over the past 6 years, I have held different positions with Millennia as there is so much opportunity for growth within. I have also had many opportunities to travel and problem solve at many properties. I love the teams and team work that I have worked with since I started.This has been a very rewarding experience and looking forward to the future here at Millennia.
Management is engaging and continuously encourages employees to adopt the core values and mission of the company. Countless opportunities are provided to advance within the company and gain valuable experience in the industry
Pros
Competitive pay, great benefits, opportunities for yearly bonus
The company experienced a high growth period and is now developing infrastructure to set them up for future success. This is an exciting time to be part of the team if you like to implement new ideas and make a significant contribution.
Pros
Mission-driven and open to ideas.
Cons
the pace can be very fast - remember to take breathers.
No support from upper management. very disrespectful to employees, constant micro management. Not upfront or honest about situations willing to hide truth fro hud and state agency. Do not meet financial obligations to vendors which makes it difficult to get needed maintence items addressed for residents
Pros
Cons
Poor benefits, lack of quality executive leadership. Not honest to deal with
The management is trash. They dont give a f*** about you or your safety especially at sandpiper cove in Galveston. They blame the employees when things do not get done but they never have supplies or materials you need to fix things with because they dont pay thier invoices. All the accounts are frozen. Anyone who is in a higher position is only in that spot so that they can be scapegoats and take the fall for those in the corporate setting.
Pros
Cons
The whole environment is a con they dont care about you or what you know, you are just there to be a fall guy
Can't order supplies, schedule vendors or contractors. Will fire you for no reason. The property is in the hood. The turns are terrible contractor type work.
Pros
5pm
Cons
8pm