Millennium Engineering and Integration Company Employee Reviews

Shot Blaster (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 26, 2019
We talked about the things they produce, what to be aware of, and the danger to avoid.This company has been around for a long time. Its really not a bad place to work.
Pros
Cons
No break10 to 6
Team
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJanuary 31, 2019
Very strong team environment and activity participation by leadership. Many opportunities to advance with your performance. Awesome work life balance.
n/a
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAJanuary 8, 2019
The work culture is great! the most enjoyable part of the job, is they challenge you to do your best, offers great support and opportunities. Great! leadership.
Work promised a year ago in Albuquerque vanished.
Configuration Management Engineer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 15, 2018
Millennium Engineering's Albuquerque office is disorganized and communicates poorly, if at all. Systems Engineering discipline is severely lacking (no process discipline, no peer reviews, poor quality work delivered to the government customer, etc), and the less than desirable results that followed resulted in the cancellation of the company's Operationally Responsive Space (ORS) - 6 satellite program (shortly after I was hired).
Pros
Great latitude to finding one's own work.
Cons
Very few opportunities available at the Albuquerque office, no substantial training for Configuration Management functions, no DOORS or requirements managment type tools, and outdated processes.
Deputy PM
Deputy PM/Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLJuly 23, 2018
It has changed a lot throughout the years but is still a good company to work for . I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning aerospace and safety.
MEI provided me a great opportunity
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 9, 2018
MEI offered me a job after I closed my medical transcription business. They provided me a very generous salary and great benefits. They hired me to work in the NOVA area for the Missile Defense Agency.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
Great company to work for, too small to sustain workforce
Senior Project Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Was able to work from home, management provided excellent facilities for those that chose to use them. Management is savvy and understanding and helpful. IT is remote and sometimes hard to deal with. Employees are bright, knowledgeable and easy to get along with.
Pros
Work from home, good benifits, great management
Cons
Too small to sustain the workforce
Great company with great benefits
Delivery / Quality Assurance Analyst (DAA) (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 26, 2017
Typical work days are very busy. Great people to work with. Management is approachable and are quick to resolve issues. Co-workers are great team players. The most enjoyable part of the job is the once a week team huddles.
Very close friendly plave to work.
Business Operations Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 18, 2017
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company is an employee-owned small business with world-class systems engineering and integration capability in the space, defense, cyber, intelligence, aviation, and healthcare markets. They are a trusted partner and solutions provider to the U.S. Government and commercial industry solving engineering challenges on the Nation's most vital programs in satellites, missiles, aircraft, cyber, space resiliency, and beyond.
Pros
Lots of staffing events
Cons
Some micro management
It was a good jon
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cass City, MIMay 2, 2017
It was a great job me working there I had some family problems at the time wasn't able to keep the job at the time but it was a great environment good pay also
Excellent Employer
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2017
In all of my years with all of my experience, this was by far the best job I ever had. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Daily interaction via telephone or computer, they were all enjoyable to work with.

Every day was a learning experience. You never knew what or where it would derive from. Which office or Department but there was always something new and exciting.

Management was top of the line. You couldn't have asked for a better group. From the CEO, CFO to the Board of Directors - They were all kind and just nice to work for as well as be around. You didn't mind working over, above or beyond for them all.
Pros
Everyone was professional daily.
Cons
None I can think of
N/a
Document Recorder (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 18, 2016
I did enjoy the job because I was able to go to different courthouses and learn more about the Justice system.
Pros
Ability to go to different courts.
Cons
No growth
Great benefits and good pay, as long as your contract lasts
Technical Program Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 20, 2015
In the time I have been with MEI, it has evolved from a company specializing in contracts requiring people with special skills to bidding on any butts-on-a-lawn-mower contract. That would be fine, but we've won fewer jobs then we've lost, and most of the new jobs are almost unskilled, entry level labor. And, local management is expected to volunteer their time for 100% of B&P work. Consequently, when contracts end for skilled personnel, not even lip service is given to trying to find spots.

Otherwise, it is a good company to work for. The employees are great, jobs can be interesting, and the benefits are as good as anyone's.
Pros
Local management, excellent benefits, get paid to travel to Kauai
Cons
No effort expended at the regional level to place employees when contracts end
Avoid
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2015
Stay away from MEI unless you are very desperate. There are much better opportunities. The company may vary by work site. Cannot say.
productive work environment
title abstactor (Current Employee) –  camp springsJune 23, 2015
Very busy in and out of the office in the court house pulling judgments. I learned how to reasearch a property and what it intalls to record a deed and deed of trust. Having great customer service with clients over the phone and in emails.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no taxes taken out
It's very convenient that they allow you to work on-line.
Software Engineer Summer Intern, (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2015
1. 5 work days a week
2. How to use machine learning tool to make a prediction
3. There is a group leader will meet me once a week. If I met difficulties in my job, I use email to contact with my group members.
4. The hardest part of the job is setting up the connection to the database.
Good company to work for, but needs leadership
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 25, 2013
A great employee-owned company to work for, unfortunately, MEI hooked up on too many US Government projects (e.g., NASA, Redstone), and is suffering from budget meltdown. Used to be fun place to work for, not any more.
Pros
Parties, free lunches, picnics, employee recognition
Cons
Poor leadership