Millennium Health Employee Reviews

Lack of Advancement and no pay increases
Logistic Specialist/Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2018
Days at work could be insanely busy or very slow paced
The company was poorly managed and decisions were not logically made.
The hardest part of the job was working with difficult managers and lazy employees.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the consistent work schedule
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement and poor management
great.
Medical Biller I (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 5, 2018
it was a pleasure to work for Millennium and was very sad to leave due to layoffs. They were always very flexible, work load was fair and management was great as well.
Very unprofessional
Lab Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 24, 2018
Supervision is very hands off and distant. Supervisors were based in California and Michigan and were not very helpful. I had a hard time reaching anyone when I needed assistance with anything. I was new and couldn't get questions answered to do the job efficiently and it took two weeks for them to set me up with what I needed to order new supplies. They did not have details worked out between the company and the practice I was working for. The practice Interventional Pain Consultants on Union Chapel Rd. became very hostile and unprofessional as a result even though I was not personally responsible. They would not greet me, allow me to store supplies for work and, made me walk from the back of an icy parking lot with no salt while pregnant so the doctor could take up two parking spots "or go home". Needless to say, I walked out that day and Millennium Health claimed they understood but, did not offer me an alternate assignment nor were they supportive. They appeared more interested in pacifying the practice and saving the account rather than ensuring the well being of employees.They said they would follow up with me regarding an interview about the practice and ensure that they would not do business with that practice anymore as they have ran off other assistants and, they never did follow through. Also, I left in December and, they still have not made a valiant effort to collect their electronic equipment that they loaned to me during employment, which I have until this day. (5/24/18) To me, that speaks volumes of the professionalism of both workplaces or lack thereof.
Pros
accomodated school schedule and life schedule
Cons
very hostile and unprofessional work environment
Leadership Training
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  XX Farms Colonia, TXMay 11, 2018
Can be the best place and the worst place to work depending on your current leadership. This is a company that has declined in employee retention rapidly. Train your leaders that they are only as good as the employees who report to them. Invest in your staff not just your leaders.
Good Company
Sales (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2018
Millennium Health is a good company to work for. Their culture has changed considerably over the past several years, but that has been a necessity in order to achieve long term sustainability.
Pros
Best product in industry
Cons
Upward mobility often requires relocation
Best employer ever worked for
Medical Biller III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2018
Excel spreadsheets e-mailed to us to work on no-activity accounts or denials or unknown insurance accounts or special projects. Did a lot of research to find out why some payors quit paying. If it involved issues with our bills (old address to update or codes to change), submitted form to get payor updated. Then rebilled affected charges with corrected claims. Love doing research. Hardest part is not really working with other members of the team. We all have our own separate spreadsheets. Workplace culture is excellent. MH is very strict about treating one another with kindness and respect. No cliques allowed. No denigrating allowed.
Pros
Special events for team building
Cons
We alll work separately at our desks
Great employees
Laboratory Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Benson, AZMay 9, 2018
I was not with company long but the time I spent was great! When my position ended, the company went above and beyond to place me elsewhere. Great company and people.
na
Medical Biller II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAMay 8, 2018
Large Medical billing lab. Went through several large scale executive leadership changes in the past 2 years. Very difficult to advance without making friends. Leadership and base level employee relationships inappropriate for a business environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Laboratory Data Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
Great culture, a lot of room for growth and opportunities. Professional work place, that gives everyone a fair opportunity. So many benefits and thorough training.
Pros
company bonding
Cons
the smell
Lack of direction
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 23, 2018
The organization was all over the place, no direction from management or insight on what the company was facing in the market. The majority of the organization was in the dark with the company business plans.
Productive mindset among workers with integrity
LABORATORY DATA PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2018
It is a quick paced work place and sometimes may have ups and downs with morale but we keep the integrity high as patients lives and well being depend on us.
Pros
benefits including healthcare and PTO
Cons
lack of job advancements
Great work-life balance
Account Manager III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 8, 2018
Freedom to make your own hours, work from home, not micro managed. Decent commission for AMs, good commission for TMs. Hard to be promoted and to advance without re-location. Upper management is great, easy to talk to and very helpful. Pretty demanding as far as hitting numbers and expectations of sales.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Low commission for AMs
Job Security
LDP (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92127February 19, 2018
Job Security, great benefits, management could be better. Great coworkers, well oriented team on the floor, Company has good benefits, employer is covered for full medical.
managment is fickle
current employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2018
This is a place where raises are only a fantasy and it doesn't seem like there is a focus within the company. It would be nice to see them concentrate on the current employees and retention rather than layoffs and ignoring the needs of the employees.
Pros
company lunches
Cons
room for advancement
Don’t Bother
LSA (Former Employee) –  VAFebruary 6, 2018
Company has gone bankrupt in the past year. You will never get a bonus or increased wages EVER!! Over worked and under paid! Benefits are good but they took benefits away for family. They hire young people with no education as management. Run far far away!
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Poor Middle Management and Lack of Advancement
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Middle management have no skills as managers and are terrible at motivating and giving incentives to employees. They reward their friends who are not as skilled as other employees. There is strong favoritism and nepotism and racism as only one race of people are advanced and that is the Filipino race. They advance people who do not even speak English who never even show up to work. Employees who have higher education and are talented have no chance at advancement. It is a backwards system. There have been 5 CEOs in the past 5 years and there hasn't only been huge turnover with C suite but with all other employees as well. The company does not work to retain their talent and mold their talent to progress their careers.
Pros
401K, Health benefits, Work schedule
Cons
Middle Management, Racism, Lack of Advancement
Fast paced
Medical Biller I - Integrated Order Entry (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
management is okay. work quanity is high and the quality is low. double working the same accounts. fellow employees are the best part of the workplace.
Productive company to work with
Laboratory Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
The company is a good toxicology lab. Always attentive when I needed more supplies. I worked for them, but my location was inside a physicians office.
Collaborative environment
Executive Assistant to Chairman, CEO, CFO (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Collaborative environment. Management was open and kept the employees informed of new projects in the pipeline on a regular basis.
A typical day at work would begin at 7:30am and end whenever the work was completed for that day.
Pros
relaxed working environment
Cons
none that I can think of
Great a few years ago
Regional Sales Manager - Mid Northeast (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Financially was spectacular then reimbursement changes took place and hindered the business. Culture was great !!