Millennium Systems International

Working at Millennium Systems International: 38 Reviews

United States38 reviews

employeeenvironmentteambenefitcompanymanagementdaytime

Still learning the way

Since I’ve been hired I’m still learning the ropes. I am hoping to find they are flexible in my work/life balance since I’m salary and work remote. Training was good and the day to day is fast paced and typically exciting and enjoyable. Still understanding management and the way it’s set up.

Micromanaged. Good if just starting career out. Inexperienced mid management.

Micromanaged, which is fine if if just starting your career out. Inexperienced mid management. It’s a job, but not anything to be kill yourself over. They brag about being a great place to work, but work/life balance is a two out of five, at best. We get yelled at on a consistent basis. You get reprimanded for not being at your computer, and have to tell your boss when taking a break, like even going out to grab the mail or get some fresh air. It’s kind of like elementary school, but with a lot of yelling.

Pros

Remote work. Good product.

Cons

No flexibility. Micromanaged. Inexperienced mid management

Millennium Systems International insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place to learn technologies.

Well structured and organized. Well planned.People are professionals and know what they are doing. Good point we never closed during Covid. Business seems to be growing

Pros

Good job security

Cons

Low compensation, minimal increases

Great place to work if they like you..

Managment definately needs some work. They only seem to care about you if you are friendly with upper management and that changes often. They have gotten too big, too fast and have lost the ability to care about the employees.

Pros

Pay is good

Decent job if you enjoy working with people

When I got the job I was super excited. Partially because it pertains to the beauty industry along with some IT work which is what I was aiming for. Now after getting started right off the bat this job is stressful before you even get started with taking calls. If you enjoy a fast paced environment. Id say go for it. They are more concerned about numbers than they are customer service. Out of the new hires I trained with I am the only one left. Your team leads are coworkers are amazing they will help anyway then can while you’re in training.Management on the other hand is awful. They are very straight forward and to the point. They will walk all over you with no regards on how you’re feeling. Working from home is the only blessing that comes with the job. The pay is decent but not enough for the amount of stress you are put under and the expectations you are supposed to meet.

Pros

Work/Life balance, Scheduled hours, Fun employees

Cons

Management, Pay, High Expectations

Solid Place to Work

Good place to work. The CEO is down to earth (started company and wrote first salon software), he has good intentions and a great reputation in the beauty industry. However, as with every company, there are things that go on that he's unaware of - such as how poor the management is at times, unable to make logical decisions in their domain.

Pros

Casual Dress code, bagel fridays

Cons

Work Politics

Great place to grow

I started working here less than a year ago and during my time, I have learned a lot in terms of the software development life cycle and agile/scrum processes.Management really cares about meeting your goals and expectations. They give a solid performance review based on your strengths and weaknesses, and ways to enhance your learning by setting up training/workshops. I have known multiple people that got promoted within 2 years by showing dedication, hunger for learning and perseverance.

Pros

Bagel Fridays, Benefits, paid holidays and generous PTO/Sick days

Cons

Compensation, long commute

Great product. However, a lot of signs of bad management and camaraderie

Pros:Health, Dental, and Vision benefits.Program is innovative in a way despite the many bugs it has. If you are a hourly employee, they can provide ways for you to earn more money if you like the hustle.Paid vacations and sick days.Cons:A lot of miscommunication when it came to explaining what the software can do to their customers. It would create a bad customer and employee experience.Management would hold you accountable for taking too long while helping clients if the client had a lot of questions. Would rather you rush them off the phone to take more calls, and they keep track of your time. However, they also held you accountable for delivering great customer service which hugely contradicts the first statement.Clients can email and leave voicemail for assistance on more complex problems. But whoever called in and waited on line always had priority, which would irritate customers often. You were timed on how long you would while reaching out to customers which made customers feel unimportant since this hindered the research and verification processon their complex inquiries.Management seemed to lack a certain emotional intelligence required to keep employees happy. If you were taking too long on a phone call, or documenting a call. Or anything really. Management would call you out in front of everyone to see. They had the capability to talk to you directly and find out if you need assistance. You were timed on bathroom breaks. Maximum of 10 minutes a day before it was considered against your performance. I understand the logic behind it, however, -

You are replaceable

They do not value their employees, they are huge hypocrites. They claim to be all for their employees but throw them to the curb once they are through with them.They actually had to ask their employees to write positive company reviews to balance out all the bad reviews. That alone should speak volumes

Great culture, great teammates.

I've been with Millennium for a number of years. I love the culture, my coworkers and the industry we serve. Great benefits, plenty of time off and a fantastic leadership team. Beyond happy!

Pros

Great benefits, Pto, travel opportunities

Cons

Limited parking some days (not always)

Casual and friendly work environment with a purpose

Walking in the doors of Millennium for the first time may be intimidating. This is a beautiful building at the end of a large parking lot. You will see several reserved parking spots for some of the more tenured and executive employees. Once you step thru the large glass doors, you will start to feel the vibe. People are friendly and warm and it is obvious management appreciates individuality due to the personalized work spaces. There seems to be a lot of purpose and and excitement throughout the building. The management team are very approachable and genuinely interested in feedback from the staff. There are some nice little perks like bagel Fridays, Summer Fridays, and the CEO throws a big holiday bash at his restaurant. It is cool to work for the most recognizable and awarded company in an industry and Millennium is that company.

Pros

Best coworkers! Bagel Fridays, Summer Fridays, paid holidays, 401K, fun casual work environment

Cons

the commute stinks sometimes, but that hasn't been an issue since mid March

Awesome company to work for!!!

Since the day I started everyone has been very helpful and supportive in seeing you succeed!!! The culture here is great its very diverse and everyone works together so you really feel you can have a voice, Definitely would recommend to apply to work here!

Pros

Friendly work environment with plenty room to grow and learn

Overall Excellent Place to Work!

I have worked at Millennium for over six years. I started at an entry-level in Support and have been able to advance through multiple roles and feel valued at every level. During my time with the company, I've come to have an even deeper appreciation for our industry and what we do. I've had opportunities to advance my career, gain new experiences, help implement new software, develop new processes, and even train/coach employees and our clients! I believe in the owner's vision and have a great deal of respect for where this company came from, how it was built, and our vision for the future. I am lucky to be part of the team and excited for what's to come for the software, the company, and for my career. I go to work every day excited for what we're doing and what's in our future. Our culture is something that's always been important and, while it's evolved as the company has grown, the owner's dedication to keeping the culture true is evident and appreciated. I have always felt like I can work with people at all levels of the company and all departments; I've never felt like there was some barrier keeping me from having real conversations with other teams or management. That is very hard to come by.The work can be hard and constant, but it's rewarding and worth it. Any job will have it's more challenging days, but I appreciate being able to end even those days (sometimes especially those days!) being satisfied with what we accomplished and going into each new day fresh and motivated.

Pros

Great environment/culture, Positive/supportive management, Excellent PTO/sick/holidays, Good benefits, Focus on keeping advancement/career opportunities available/understood

Cons

Parking (when not working remote)

This is one of the few jobs that really appreciate what you bring to the table. I've been part of MSI for about 4 years now and I can say that is you willing to learn and succeed this is the right place for you. There are lots of opportunities and they always looking to improve every aspect of the business/employee relationship.During this challenging times MSI never stop supporting us, I do feel lucky to be here.

Pros

Decent benefits, room for advancement

Cons

Unfortunately my commute is long and wish to WFH more often, also we do not have a ping pong table :-(

A very good place to work

This is a very good place for a little experienced or inexperienced individual to start a career, Management has always been working towards work/life balance.

Pros

It is a perfect place to work in a friendly and cordial environment

Cons

There is a bit of a rush to achieve goal

Works great for me

I have been an employee at MSI since 2016. I have a great working relationship with everyone. I find myself respected and my opinions valued. MSI is flexible with hours/remote working (once a week) and I am able to have a great work-home life balance. I have always learned something new from peers to management to CEO. I do look forward to going to work every day!

Pros

Flexibility, Compensation, Pto

Cons

healthcare benefits can be improved.

Small development team that supports and helps each other! Diverse colleagues and knowledge

This is one of the first smaller companies I have worked for. There is definitely a curve to fitting in and understanding the flow of the company, but great company to work for once you learn the MSI path. I have worked for very large international companies with over 100,000 employees and you are nothing but a number and rarely noticed. At MSI you work with all departments and all levels on a daily basis. There is a respect and professionalism at all times. There is a freedom to express new ideas and different paths for accomplishing tasks and every idea is considered. Mostly I like working for MSI for its diversity in both its direction and the associates working there.

Pros

Colleagues, working conditions, Up to date technology, Constantly evolving work direction and responsibilities and career path.

Cons

Often called on your PTO(Personal Time Off). Small company, need for more backup on all tasks so your time off is undisturbed.

I've never felt more appreciated at a job

I've been with Millennium for a few years now. I started as a lower level employee. I worked hard and have been promoted a few times since starting here. I am now at a more senior level position, and I can honestly say I have never felt more appreciated and valued at any other company. From starting as a lower level employee, to growing into the position I'm in now, I have never ONCE felt my opinion was invalid. Between lower level management and even upper level management, I have a voice. The family like atmosphere and all of the support I have on a daily basis from my managers and coworkers is something you cannot get at a regular company. Majority of corporate environments often have micro-managing, unhappy employees, and people who abuse their power. The CEO, John Harms, is one of the most humble people I've ever met. The constant internal education keeps the entire company up to date with new feature releases, updates, recurring training, etc. The flexible schedule and comfortable work environment is possibly my favorite thing about this company. I feel blessed every day I get to work at Millennium with all of my incredible coworkers who I consider family.

Pros

Benefits, flexible schedule, opportunities for individual growth within the company, comfortable work environment, bagel friday!, company wide events, appreciation of employees.

Cons

limited parking

Outstanding work Environment

Best place i have worked so far . It's a very fast paced environment but you work with latest/greatest technologies. If you are willing to learn this is the place for you.

Look No Further - Awesome Workplace

Since day one of starting here, Millennium felt like a second family. Management pushes you so they can see you advance within the company. Flexible when it comes to outside issues/commitments.

Pros

great leadership, competitive PTO, holiday and summer pinics, training, casual attire

Cons

parking spaces are limited

Great People, Great Company

I love my job and the people we work with. We support the best industry and have fun doing it. The culture is very good and supportive, everyone from the CEO to middle management cares about the employees and clients.

Pros

Culture, Team Leadership top down

Cons

401k Matching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Millennium Systems International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.2
InHerSight Score
4.3Personal Development
4.5Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight