Miller's Ale House Employee Reviews

Great people, but need better work/life balance.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 16, 2019
Love my job at Miller’s! Workload is intense and must prioritize daily. Organization as a whole is much too lean. Managers need to be aware of other departments’ leanness, and pay more attention to realistic timelines.
Pros
People!
Cons
Too lean; Not enough employees!
It’s all about the money
Server (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 15, 2019
Was an enjoyable years spent at Miller’s but the lack of time off, vacation even, was appalling for even a restaurant job. The entire system was against the employees, including a scarce hourly for servers. Long shifts. Inexperienced and untrained coworkers. Management was cool when it was actually present, depending on who ran the shifts. Power struggles between them caused unhappy servers. Was quite a wreck that somehow, stayed afloat.
Pros
Tips, coworkers
Cons
Hourly, cut throat environment
It was a job
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2019
I worked there for 5 years in the beginning it was great then new managers came in an changed the mood of the job made it like it was a bad thing working
Pros
The employees were great
Cons
Management saw you as you were only the help
fun place to work
Manager/Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 7, 2019
Very seasonal workplace due to location. Well managed and enjoyable to work. Good food and good atmosphere for sporting events and parties. I would recommend this place to others.
fast paced restaurant
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 25, 2019
If you are a new server to the restaurant they treat you poorly, they give you fewer tables than everyone else, are rude and make you work shifts for a "to go" station where you get two orders the entire night, end up running food for everyone, and at the end of the day don't even get paid for it because it all goes to taxes. I am there to serve not to stand around waiting for to go orders. The other waitresses at the location are all very rude to new employees and would get mad if you asked them questions, how am I supposed to learn if others get so annoyed with me asking questions?
Great people and fun productive.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 22, 2019
Wensdays are the zinger days and the greatest games are able to watch there also with a drink. Really good sport bar. Therefore, Friday and Saturday nights are like busyness till 2am.
Pros
Great food and smoke break
Cons
Short breaks
Customers were the best part of the job
Server (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILMarch 21, 2019
I enjoyed working there, especially with my fellow co-workers. The customers were fun to work with as well. The managers were inflexible with my hours
Great experience in dealing with the public one on one.
Crew Staff (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMarch 18, 2019
Recognized and formally acknowledged outstanding staff performance to boost company productivity. Developed and maintained customer service standards. Maintained the Front of the House and Back of House.Optimized profits by controlling food,beverage and labor cost on daily basis.Oversaw Front and Back of House personnel to maintain adequate staff and minimize overtime.
Parties and Footballs players
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2019
A wide range of beers we sold were always there, including local options. Menu specials for early and late hours could be served with there drinks. Large seating and sections were given to one waiter, reservations being sent over from the front. Take out was taken by a ready waiter.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Seasons on sports
Mismanaged
Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2019
Poor communication between store managers. Rules are constantly either changing or ignored by the day. Employees are expected to be married to the job.
Co workers are kind of cool
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 13, 2019
Overall is not a good place to work, they over work good workers and hire young people who don’t want to work. Food is good but they don’t care about employees
Pros
Discounted food, Anne was the only good manager
Cons
No break especially if you are working a double 12+ hours, Managers are inconsiderate and don’t seem to know how to run a restaurant!
Negative work environment.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 13, 2019
Great place to make money, but many hours are needed to be worked. There are no breaks ever, even on extended shifts or doubles. Higher management is unreliable, the lower managers make it bareable to work there.
Cons
No breaks. Poor management
Great company, great people
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
High ups really care. Incredible company to work for, exploring other opportunities where I can apply my passion for music in the day to day operations.
Horrible management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 9, 2019
This job was really unprofessional. I got into an accident and had a face injury( a scar on my forehead) and the manager fired me becuase of how i looked. Did not even consider my doctors note , not even gave me some time to get better. I showed up with scars on my face and he made me work the front like that becuase he said if i didn’t make it to work he would fire me. And yet he still did !!!
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
horrible management, no recognition for any good job done
Pretty good place to work
Shift Leader, Server, Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
It’s a great place to work with lots of flexibility in terms of scheduling. Perfect for anyone who is currently a student or just looking for some extra cash.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
The location
Fast paced, energetic
Busser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2019
Working at Miller's Ale House requires one to be aware of their surroundings, able to self motivate, and be able to keep up with a fast paced environment.
Job pays the bills
Shift Leader, Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 4, 2019
It is everything you can expect working at a fast paced sports bar in a food eating and alcohol town. Money is great but you have to deal with more cons than pros to make it.
The workplace was fast paced and relentless.
Dishwasher / Utility (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 20, 2019
My review of the company is that Millers Ale House is a great place to work so long as you can keep up with the fast paced work environment. Also be prepared for a challenging environment focused on excellence.
Fun environment and great managment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2019
Amazing teamwork and managers are always on board. It was by far the most fun I’ve had working for a company. I am welcome back anytime. They are like a huge family there and that means A lot. Lots of regulars and always make people feel at home and make sure they are happy
Pros
Free food / discounts
Never a dull moment.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 15, 2019
Working at Millers ale House was one of the more challenging environments I have ever worked in due to value alone. Had it not been for the superior training and team based ethos It would have been impossible. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller's Ale House. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight