Miller's Ale House Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Has pool tabela and two patios
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
This job is by far the worst management is horrifying they don’t care about their employees they have their employees work 14-17 hr shifts with no brake and no food they over work you and never help you when they do they roll their eyes make slick comments and make u feel like a worthless piece of garbage . management only looks out for themselves you are a number to them 9 times of out ten you work 14hrs for $112 with all the stress not only from customers but managers as well just a horrible jail like place to work.
Pros
Cons
Everything you won’t have a life .
Buissness wise
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
Fast pace job fun out goin buisness ect it an expierence to remeber professional evreything some one require to do buisness or come hang out the food is great !
Pros
Breakfast lunch dinner
Cons
No breaks
Very fast paced and very busy
Quality Assurance and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
the rushes come and go. they can be quite unpredictable. some managers are very understanding others not so much. the employees are great. the money is great just busy pretty much all day and open late.
Pros
Hours are always there. The pay reflects from your work
Cons
stressful busy and a lot of late nights
Fun most of the time but can get hectic
Server (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 11, 2018
Typical serving job at the moment.
Management is decent but not great. You have one really good manager and the rest are average to just above average.
Culture is pretty casual and laid back at the Sanford store but that leads to some of the staff taking advantage and not pulling their weight.
hardest part is working with some of the other staff as the management does not always hold every ones feet to the fire and it causes others to work harder
Some of the staff are outstanding and they make it worth going in to work.
Pros
40% discount on your food and 1 other persons, pretty flexiable on schedule for college classes. No one under 18 works there.
Cons
inconsistentancy on managers part and lack of holding accountability
Toxic and hostile
Server (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 5, 2018
Working for the Hollywood, FL Miller's Ale House for a collective of 3 years was completely unbearable. From the catty, rude servers, to the poor management skills of the people in charge of running this particular establishment (general AND district). If you're not a favourite, don't plan on getting a decent schedule or being treated with any common courtesy. In all my time of working there, I was belittled and made to feel like I was incompetent. Regardless of my commitment to provide a comfortable dining experience for guests, being an upbeat, positive, team player, and working diligently, my schedule left me in fear of making ends meet, as I usually was scheduled short shifts, lasting an hour or two before being sent home. This company offers no stability. Management has no regard for the well being of their employees. I would never recommend working for this company to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, favouritism, bad attitude
Great Experience
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2018
I have been working for ale house for about 3 years now. Management has always been very accommodating and understanding. I have learned how to deal with a variety of customers and situations and have really been able to perfect my customer service skills. The hardest part of the job would have to be the multitasking because you can have more then 4 tables at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers who appreciate my services.
Pros
40% off meals, Flexible schedule, accommodating for travel
fun work place
Hostess and cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
millers ale house is a great place to work they offer growth within company and are very hands on and eager to help teach you new things, never dread going to work very friendly staff.
Pros
laid back
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 25, 2018
Great starting job, easy tasks, standing up for long hours, great food, discounts to your food no matter if on the clock or not, co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
discounted food
fun workplace good co workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2018
Easy money to make, fun environment. They are flexible with your schedule or needs. You're able to request as many days off as you would like. Highly recommend.
Stressful, but good money
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 19, 2018
Working as a server is stressful already. It’s fun working with your co workers, they eventually become like family from working with them so often. You make money if you work for it
bad
LINE/PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 19, 2018
not a warm environment to work, only one of thedozens of manager I met was anywhere near friendly, staff is not helpful they do not help you advance at all
MIller's Ale House
Cook (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 18, 2018
It was fun while Lasted, Great facilitators. Work ethics was all over the place. At the time, kitchen was too small for the work that needed to be done. We needed extra staff in kitchen, but Kitchen was way too small. Its a very fast pace restaurant.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Orlando and st pete ale house
Server (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 16, 2018
I work for both locations and I loved working for that company. I was going through a rough time in my life and the managers always understood and were there for me. The store in Orlando kirkman treats there employees great and they truly work as a team. The company in st.pete was the same they always took care of there employees I never had anything bad to say about that company. I worked for them in and off for almost 4 years. I was let go for my best interest and I really appreciated that they cared that much about my situation at that time. If youbhave a Miller's ale house near you and they are hiring go APPLY.
Pros
50 percent of all meals, When training you get free training meals so you can try there food, You can always transfer to abother locatiob if you move, health insurance
Cons
Sometimes you work 14 hour days
fun place to work
Server/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 15, 2018
easy money to make, fun environment. they are flexible with your schedule or needs. you're able to request as many days off as you would like. highly recommend.
Fun place to work
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 13, 2018
This is a good, clean and fun environment. The food is good. Great team to work with. Management is flexible with employees. Friendly and fast service.
Fun sports bar
Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 13, 2018
Love the atmosphere, great food, and the managers are all really understanding and are willing to work with you. During football seaon you can make a lot of money.
Easy job for easy money
BUSSER/BARBACK (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 8, 2018
As a busser the job is simple clean tables and set them. keep the front of house swept and clean. Utensils must be polished and orderly and just work in a routine.
Pros
Tips can range up to 150 at times.
Cons
Late Nights, Tips fluccuate from low to high, mostly low
Fast paced fun environment.
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 6, 2018
Come in and make sure your work station is clean.
I learned from how to properly cook food to being responsible for the restaurants expenses and budgeting those expenses.
Management was helpful whenever asked questions.
Pros
Flexibility
Terrible Corporate Environment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2018
There is no corporate environment and the HR department is by far the worst of anywhere I have ever worked. The management creates a culture of 1980's business and people are not valued there.
Good place to work, fair management.
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2018
Management is fair, potential to make good money if you are good at your job. Good opportunities for growth and advancement if desired. Good work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller's Ale House. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight