Miller's Merry Manor Employee Reviews

Fast
Evening Shift Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rushville, INApril 15, 2018
Pros: Working as a nurse at MMM is challenging and rewarding. In my opinion, it is one of the better nursing homes to work at in the state. The nursing management all is promoted from within with very little outside comers to come in. It has a family like atmosphere. Management cares about you as a professional and as a person. They pay decent. There is always work with plenty of overtime needed or wanted. Good all around nursing skills (they have trach patients, enteral-feed patients, diabetics, some vents, etc).

Cons: They are probably one of the last hold-outs when it comes to direct deposit. They give you a paper check. That can be problematic if you work 12 hour shifts on days with bills due. High turnover with CNAs meaning it is hard to keep well-trained CNAs who care about their jobs. Their pay rate is lower with the CNAs once they get some experience most go to a different company with higher pay. The on-call option is most miserable as they don't utilize much PRN nursing (some but they don't have a big listing on this) so most likely you are going to work as a CNA if you are a nurse if someone calls in.

Over all I believe the company is a good one to work for.
Pros
Promote from within, Good Management
Cons
Paper Checks, high CNA turnover
Bad people
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Peru, INApril 4, 2018
Just hated it all around. No one was nice and I was barely trained. No one knew what they were doing. Manager wasn’t nice at all. She was just bossy and rude.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unpaid breaks
It has to be your calling...
Management (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 4, 2018
One thing you learn in long-term care is the significant difference between an employee who does the work in anticipation of a check and the employee who does the work for the patients. If this is not your calling, you will stand out like a sore thumb and not in a positive way. The company is relatively small, managed fairly, and makes a valiant attempt at being an employee-friendly company. Entry level positions are busy, demanding and not the highest paying when compared to other industries. However, if you have a passion for people, the amount of career advancement opportunities is unmatched. Countless managers have worked their way up from line positions. The culture is grounded in employee development for the employee with the right attitude and an engrained desire for continual self improvement. It's hard to find an organization where you can work 20-30 years and retire comfortably. This organization continues to provide that opportunity for many hard working people in our area.
Pros
Work with purpose, serving those in need, career opportunities
Cons
Entry level wages, some do not like the type of work
Good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INMarch 21, 2018
My time I had at Millers was good. The staff always helped each other out and was real friendly, I would have loved to stay however I had to relocate from Tipton facility to Indianapolis In. The Indianapolis facility was however not as great as the Tipton. Indianapolis was not a friendly environment and no one was helpful when I started.
Pros
Friendly (Tipton, In)
Cons
Unhelpful (Indianapolis, In)
ADON (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 10, 2018
Miller’s in Warsaw is a great place to work with people who become your family. Great benefits packages. Tuition assistance and a lot of free training offered for CNA, QMA, Dementia Practitioner, and Geriatric Aide. Nursing in general is a stressful career so I am glad I chose this company to work with. Our residents make it all worth it!
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
45 minute drive from my house
Place is a shadow of its former self
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Wakarusa, INMarch 5, 2018
This place is undergoing a severe changes that are negatively affecting its staff.

Residents are not getting taken care of in the manner in which they should be. Though there are some great CNAs and nurses doing great work, the vast majority of employees on the floor are people hired straight out of the class that they offer for free. These are people that still don't know how to put a brief on properly, or put incontinent pads underneath the backs of residence, which completely defeats the purpose.

With this location, they don't care who is on the floor, just that they have enough staff on the floor. Worst part is, despite all the bickering among management about how they need to be fully staffed, most of the management staff refuses to come in and help which is what Miller's Merry Manor policy is.

My recommendation is to come and stay for a year or less. Unless Healthcare is something you want to do with your life, and even then I wouldn't stay at this location or with this company.
Pros
Stock options, fair pay for new employees
Cons
Terrible management, place is falling apart
Rewarding to help Senior citizens
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INFebruary 22, 2018
The actual work load wasn't bad, could be stressful environment at certain times. Was aggravating to see poor patient care from nursing staff. The other dietary staff was fun to work with.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Worked on weekends and holidays
quick-paced workplace
Certified Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INFebruary 5, 2018
took care of residents on a daily basis. Took care of them during the morning and afternoon hours. Helped those that needed it to eat their meals. Would help out on other shifts if asked. The hardest part of the job was losing residents. The management for the most part was friendly, but not very helpful when we would be short handed
Pros
some friendly coworkers and nice residents
Cons
unhelpful manangement at times
Quick paced, hands on learning environment
Environmental Aid- housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 30, 2018
I love working at Miller's. The residents are great and the management is very welcoming. I would recommend it to anyone seeking a job that does NOT need a high wage rate
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Immature Mangement and workers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 28, 2018
Management handles situations very slowly and poorly. Most co workers are very immature and unintelligent, with their actions and attitudes reflecting lack of education and work ethic. The job itself is not difficult at all, the working environment is what makes it a place I would highly recommend NO ONE ever work at.
sad
Laundry/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INJanuary 23, 2018
it was not a bad place to work I just think that they should not use an outside company to do their housekeeping and laundry. I however think that the aids and nurses need to take better care of the residents and its not their fault they are just under staffed
Good experience for healthcare work
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 21, 2018
Good place to learn about how to perforn our duties. The management team was only about themselves and not what your input was on what could benefit the building
It's okay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tipton, INJanuary 17, 2018
Working in this facility can be stressful but mainly because of the other employee's. Nurses are rude to the aides and occasionally you get another aid that does nothing and you're stuck pulling all the weight on your assigned hall. You start out at 10.50 an hour which is a lot less than other nursing homes that are local.
Pros
30 minute break and smoke breaks
Cons
Low pay and really not worth working with the the nurses and other CNA's
Basic Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hope, INJanuary 16, 2018
Magagement wasnt the greatest. had a lot of favoritism. they werent flexible. they were very judgemental and wouldnt help you if you needed it. some girls are snobby and treat the residents wronfully
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Garrett, INJanuary 8, 2018
I feel that this is a great place to work. It is a place where you can give back, and get a great reward for doing your job. you do have to keep in mind that there will be times where you may lose a resident due to death, but you have to keep in mind that they are going to a better place.
Pros
helping people
Cons
you may loose a resident due to death
I was treated very rude often
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 4, 2018
As a nurse i was ofter disrespected by aides and it was blown of by management. When the director of nursing came down to the unit yelling at me as if i was a child I knew it was time to move on. The turn over is terrible never any consistency. No direct deposit was the icing on the cake.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No consistency
productive and fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INJanuary 3, 2018
Got along well with coworkers. They treat staff well and have a workout room thats free to employees. Management is very friendly and easily approachable.
Terrible work environment due to terrible staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, INDecember 27, 2017
Other staff members are very rude and hateful. Often times to the point of harassment. Management is told about it countless times and it is brushed off and ignored. Hours are not too bad but no one wants to come in when there are call offs due to the unbearable environment. They are almost always understaffed and the certified management almost always refuse to step in and help.
Cons
No breaks, terrible staff, understaffed
It was ok
Dietary aid cook (Former Employee) –  Wakarusa, INDecember 13, 2017
Loved the residents poor kitchen management. Not enough cooks to have a rotating schedule or any type of calibration. The residents were always so sweet and often made my day when management was getting me down.
Great building
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garrett, INDecember 5, 2017
I love Miller's. However, the location in Garrett is very understaffed. Also, they are unable to give the employees a decent pay increase, which I need. The facility and staff, however, are amazing. My coworkers care about the residents and quality of care given. That place is very special.
Pros
Healthcare, life insurance
Cons
Understaffed, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller's Merry Manor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.0Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight