Miller-motte College Employee Reviews

Student life
Student (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 14, 2018
This is a college, not a job I worked at. The faculty are helpful and caring. The course load can be stressful but it is manageable. It is a good place to network and find new friends.
Great academic team but upper management is a joke.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 27, 2018
The academic team was amazing to work for but the people above the academic team were a joke. They were always being shady. It is not a place to work if you want to advance or be respected (outside the academic team).
Was Rift
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 23, 2018
Dedicated years to the company despite Dean changes that occurred 7 times in 7 years. Those who work there are great, hard working people, and you grow as family with that type of qualities because we were frequently left with out leadership and basically ran the school ourselves. There is no warning when they get rid of you despite having no write-ups, disciplinary actions, and gaining much success in the area that your charge of. When asked if I could at least be a instructor whether full-time or part-time, I was told that there was no classes available, though I was just on the schedule 5 days prior. I was lied to in saying that they freed my schedule up to give better time for administration, because I was wearing 5-7 different hats outside my job description to ensure my students education didn't interfere with the major walk-out of instructors resigning in one month. I love the company's motto and truly we have students who need the type of dedicated instructors to help them change their lives, unfortunately, they care little to nothing about their employees.
Pros
Great Co-workers, True students that you come to mentor and impact
Cons
Has no care for employees or the dedication that they put into the company
poor management
Full-Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 22, 2018
If you are looking for a place to work that requires overtime and does not allow for flexibility of working hours, this is the place for you. Management is prejudicial and reviews are arbitrary. There may be room for career advancement, if they can keep the doors open long enough. Accreditation continues to be an issue that threatens the security of this school. If you are looking for hours that allow you to have a life outside of work and job security, this is not the place to be.
nice work place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 16, 2018
It was nice to help fellow students.
Miller Motte worked with your class schedule, and was flexible if you needed to work with your personal schedule
Preparation and organized environment needs work
MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2018
There are many times that management can work on being more organized. It can sometimes be frustrating; however, being able to work in an online environment is a huge benefit.
Place to train
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 19, 2018
The company gave no raises in 7 years. There was little promise of advancement and although the staff and faculty were doing their best to fulfill their calling of educating students who were trying to improve their lives, the company was more focused on production and process rather than providing an enriching atmosphere for all concerned.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Poor wages, heavy pressure
Please read the following:
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2018
I am an adjunct instructor and recommend MIller-Motte. It offers a collaborative workplace and provides excellent faculty development opportunities for all instructors.
Rip off
Library Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 16, 2018
I have to type 150 characters but honestly I do not care to do so. I enjoyed tutoring, mentoring, working in the library and being a part of the school overall but to go back would be absolutely dumb.
Stay away
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 13, 2018
Stay away from here! Being sold, no accreditation, poor management, lack of trust, and back stabbing around EVER corner! Can't keep quality leaders as they close campus after campus!!!
Change
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 29, 2017
Miller-Motte College was a good work environment until management changed over a period of time. Different campuses have different cultures. Upper management need to be award of what happens on campuses.
Structure and Lack of leadership
Cosmetology/Esthetics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 18, 2017
Lacking Structure though its talked about on a regular basis nothing is ever truly followed threw. The leadership seems to be more worried about their on jobs and fold when a true issue arises.
Had a great leadership team
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 7, 2017
Miller-Motte offered a productive and fun work place. I had a FANTASTIC management team. However, this was sales based, so there is pressure with meeting admission goals.
Easy job but no real job security
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 6, 2017
The job is super easy. The pay is very decent for entry level position in the company. However, the consistent company policy changes concern me most.
Pros
Only work one Saturday a month for a maximum of 5 hours, Great management
Cons
Healthcare is expensive, company not employee oriented
Educator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 5, 2017
I loved working in education and impacting students but the school could have done a better job at facilitating the process of learning for students. I do not believe that the follow their own mission which is a wonderful mission!
Pros
Nice and helpful co-workers who are productive as a team
Cons
Corporate is not good and should follow their own model of providing education.
I enjoyed my time there.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 30, 2017
If you work hard then you will be successful. There is plenty to do throughout the day. During the time of enrollment and start days can become a bit stressful, but if managed correctly, it is not that bad.
Challenging but Rewarding place to work
Cosmetology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 28, 2017
The company has changed a lot over the past two years. I have learned a lot about business management, classroom management and I have improved my teaching skills. The workplace culture established here is not a positive one at all. The hardest part of the job is not being able to reach my students. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing my students mature and grow into their career.
Ok for students
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 6, 2017
College shut down and laid off the admissions team with no warning. Wasn't fair for them at all. Great place for students however. Treat the students with respect and have their best intentions at heart. Management was just terrible.
It Sucks
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 26, 2017
This place is a s**t show. The DOA has no idea what she is doing, her assistant is constantly falsifying company records to make herself look good and there is a strong culture of discrimination.
Pros
Everyone is fairly nice to your face
Cons
Racist, cutthroat culture
Mmtc
Educator/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 14, 2017
They are a good company to work for but the management needs more training, but if you are in it to play dirty go for it....But I was there to see students achieve.
Pros
good company
Cons
management needs more coaching