Miller Environmental Group Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, NYMarch 13, 2019
Left another job to work for Miller before getting let go after 2 months. I was told I had 90 days to get up to speed with my position, but was let way before that. I was constantly doing tasks outside of my job description which kept me from focusing on my job. I was let go for not being able to perform the position, which is odd because I didn't reach the 90 days yet, and I was never observed doing my job incorrectly as I was still in the training portion and like I mentioned always being asked to do other tasks. I heard they let me go because they lost contracts in the Hudson valley, but gave me no explanation whatsoever.
Operations Coordinator
Operations COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Rock Tavern, NYFebruary 9, 2019
I learned a lot from this position. I was sorry to go but I was going through some personal things at the time and needed the time off. I had a lot of responsibilites at this job but the compensation and the time off were worth it.
Pros
pay, time off, learned a lot
Cons
stressful
No fmily life
CDL Class A and B driver (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJ 08066February 3, 2019
Great pay but be prepared for no time off to spend with family. Constantly asked to be on call . Forget ever seeing your family. Crazy start times never consistent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No life outside company
They lie
Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2018
This compy will say anything to get you in the door and lie about everything from the job to pay. Everyone wants to be top dog without putting the work to get there.
Pros
always work to do
Cons
Company cutes steps to get the job done
Not a good/great career choice.
Haz Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2018
However everything else at Miller is terrible. There's alot of favorites and they don't give a care about there employee's. There sneaky and conniving.
Pros
You make money
Cons
There's alot of back stabbers hear.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Manheim, PAJune 5, 2018
Miller contracted to provide employees to manage the public works in Lancaster County. It was a decent place to work but the pay was not all that good considering the job.
Pros
Independence
smell
Grow with a great company
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calverton, NYAugust 22, 2017
I came to Miller Environmental Group when I finished college, starting in an entry level administrative role. As I enter my 11th year here, I couldn't think of a better place to work. Over the years I have been mentored by many people in various levels above me and throughout the different areas of the company, and I have had the opportunity to grown within the company and advance my career throughout the years. Opportunity for growth is here!
Great company to work for.
Project management (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYJuly 9, 2017
the most enjoyable part was traveling to the jobs and assisting clients with operations and safety. Lengthy hours sometimes was difficult , but over all great company to work for I learned so much.
Great New Career
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2017
I can honestly say that I now work for a company that cares about me as a person first, then an employee. I was hired by Miller Environmental Group in 2012, starting an entirely new career. Miller provided the ongoing training and support to grow within the organization. Professional development goals were clearly articulated and attainable. I regularly receive honest feedback and am rewarded for hard work…just got a promotion last year!
Pros
Generous Benefits, Company Culture
Excellent for career minded hard working individuals
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Calverton, NYJune 27, 2017
Miller Environmental Group (MEG) is a great place to work if you want an exciting job to report to everyday. It is not for everyone. There are sacrifices, however there are also rewards. If you are a dedicated individual and demonstrate a solid work ethic advancement is at your feet. I have been with MEG for 20 years and have consistently advanced as I have performed in different roles. Paid training includes 40 Hour HAZWOPER, Confined Space Entry & Rescue, DOT HAZMAT, and First Aid & Safety. The company operates very safely and each employee has the ability to STOP a job if they feel unsafe or see an unsafe condition.
Pros
Something different everyday
Cons
Emergencies happen all hours of the day
Great opportunities for advancement, do your job and you will be noticed
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 27, 2017
Great open door policy and can always reach out to the entire staff. Positive can do attitude throughout the company, in house training affords all the tools needed to improve skill sets and safety is priority one. Benefits package is impressive and affordable.

I would have loved to come to work at Miller Environmental at an earlier stage of my many years in the environmental industry. I can honestly state that I would still be working here due to Miller Environmental being a well run corporation that still has the "mom and pop shop feel"
Great Company
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, DEJune 20, 2017
MEG is the real deal if your looking for great benefits, competitive salary, and a lot of job satisfaction. Good work doesn't go unnoticed in this company. MEG is always looking for good talented hard working people that want to be part of a team.
nice place to work
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rock Tavern, NYMay 24, 2017
Safe place to work, long hours, but good pay and benefits, lots of room for advancement. Travel is minmum but required. lots of training provided. go place to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dirty work
hard working environment but good people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYMay 19, 2017
they are very work oriented and there is not a lot of time to waste, a very hustle oriented work environment . The employee for the most part are good hard working people that are easy to work with and generally willing to assist you.
Pros
good people
Cons
intense work
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Calverton, NYMay 10, 2017
I have worked at Miller Environmental Group for over 31 years. I began as a Compliance Officer and held many challenging positions up to Senior Vice President. In all my years of service, I was never asked to not cash my weekly paycheck. It is hard work, and very rewarding.
Busy and garenteed 40 hours
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJMarch 30, 2017
Ok place to work for the most part management sucks no compensation for on call. Guaranteed 40 hour but you never know what your paycheck is going to be could be good could be bad
Benefits
Cons
Managment sucks, Never home
Prepare for Stress
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYSeptember 15, 2016
Prepare yourself for high-stress and sacrificing your social/personal life. They expect you to devote your life to Miller Environmental. "Management" is very poor; condescending and insensitive. Training? None whatsoever. Throw you in the shark tank and expect you to swim.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor work/life balance
Not a good place to work
EHS Instructor /Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYAugust 19, 2016
Worked for Miller long ago and found this same job listed again. High turnover. Marginal compensation. Some decent people at the firm, but sr management not good. Not a place to stay very long.
Pros
decent co-workers.
Cons
They were never honest.
Good luck advancing....
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calverton, NYJuly 19, 2016
Management is condescending and disrespectful
They expect you to be around 24/7
They will give you all responsibilities in the world with no compensation or chance at advancement
Management is cheap
Stress safety, but breathe down your neck to save a few minutes
Underpay you
Won't give raises
Treat truck drivers better than employees with related degrees
Pros
Training
Cons
Management, safety, hours, pay
Underwhelmed with experience
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Calverton, NYMay 26, 2016
Pay is considerably lower than you will find for comparable work at a different company, employee turnover is very high and they have a tough time keeping employees satisfied enough to stay. Upper management is aloof and insensitive to the needs of their subordinates. There is a lot of arrogance without much substance to back it up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller Environmental Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Miller Environmental Group Reviews by Location