Miller Pipeline LLC Employee Reviews

it wa sa laid back place to work
Operating engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 30, 2019
it was just time for me to move on, my career could not advance anymore, so I felt the need to move elsewhere. I left under good terms, and 98% of the people there were great to work with.
terrible
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 30, 2019
work you in the ground. no idea of when your getting off. and didn't do the job I was hired for.Very fast paced and some employees were wreckless. they talk a big safety game butt don't follow.
Pros
n/a
just okay
office (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2019
If you work in any of their offices, there is no room for advancement
(especially for the women).

If you work in the field, the pay is great because you get overtime for long hours.

Nepotism is also very ripe.

Upper Management does not listen to employees and trainers. They just form unrealistic policies and expect you follow them without being in touch with how things happen on a day to day basis.

The coworkers for the most part can be fun to work with, although they gossip a lot.

Best for an interim position, and nothing more.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
long hours ( they say resume at 7am, but frown if you are not in earlier than 7), the benefits could be better, no room for career growth or advancement, disorganized
Management racial profile you coming in the door
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMarch 8, 2019
I was there for 1 week the training and was so uncomfortable and unorganized, these guys expected you to sit around and train yourself and when there on the bubble they will push blame on you! They bring all these farmers down from P.A and cover it up by saying people from Baltimore don't want to work when that's not true 35% of that city are living in poverty while these guys give nothing back to the community's not even jobs
Pros
Formen take trucks home
Cons
Racial Profiling, The Worst training and trainer Ive ever witness
Do your job and be a yes man.
Hydrovac Operator and Driller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 7, 2019
I do miss Miller but not the immediate Management in my area. Most of the vets that were there are gone for that reason. In every other aspect Miller was an industry leader as far as I'm concerned. The corporate aspect is what is hurting Miller.
Pros
Good pay, learn skills
Cons
Very corporate atmosphere thats not a good thing
A joke
Laborer/Pipe fitter (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 26, 2019
you work plenty of hours, but aren't paid the correct pay scale, days can sometimes be boring or so fast paced the days over before you know it. Management usually come around once in a great while, but are usually in meetings. The inclement weather days get old, sometimes with loss of pay, or you work in it. Meet and work with a lot of great guys but there are days with the typical headaches between one another.
Pros
Coworkers, Team Effort, Plenty of work hours
Cons
Pay scale, vacation, benefits
I just wanna work bcuz I'm good at what I once I learn
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAFebruary 8, 2019
I really do wanna work for you guys bcuz I don't anything to do to really keep my day going,so if you can help me, I would surely appreciate it and God bless you guys
Pros
I just wanna work
Cons
I would take a break whenever the boss ask me to
Fast paced and diverse
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kalkaska, MIJanuary 31, 2019
Being a warehouse manager, I also had a role as an admin. One minute behind a computer creating a complex Exel spreadsheet, the next unloading a truck.
Pros
Wages, team mates
Cons
Away from home all week.
Not for the Faint of heart
Laborer Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 4, 2019
I got lucky enough to work with some of the most wonderful Miller Foreman and laborers. Management as a whole was outstanding. There is however a very Cut-throat nature to the company as a whole. If they didn't like you, you knew it.. and would not last long. Halve of the time you wouldn't even get fired. They would "run you off". Other than that, very good bunch of guys. Very safety oriented. Safety. Safety. Oh... and more SAFETY!
Pros
Good bunch of Lads
Cons
Don't be disliked
Very productive vut rarely was it fun
Laborer and Operator (Former Employee) –  Tipp City, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Great job for the money and benifits but thats about it. Its stressful and you never know what your gonna be doing. Half the time they dont get you the equipment you need.
Pros
Good money amd insurance
Cons
The people in the office cannot run a company
Stressful, and very POOR upper management.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 2, 2019
Dysfunctional working environment. Employees held to different standards. Harder working employees were exposed to toxic work environments being mistreated by upper management.
Pros
Decent pay and balance of hours.
Cons
Upper management was completely dysfunctional
Rather demanding company
CDL driver, gas crew member, sewer locator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
Worked here on a gas crew for several years. Within months of being hired was sent out of state for an extended period of time while travel was never mentioned to me in the hiring process and no extra compensation for living out of state. Was required to get my class A CDL and wasn't given any sort of raise or incentive for it either. No set schedule so it was difficult to make any kind of plans or have much of a life outside of work. Your experience is very dependent on your foreman, which I've had both excellent and terrible foreman. Foreman are given incentives to cut their laborers time short so don't be surprised to work and extra few hours that wont show up on your check. The only time off your crew has no safety accidents you'll get one day per quarter. If you have to take any time off for any obligations outside of work they are not understanding at all.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
travel, hours, management
Safety oriented production driven
Foreman Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2018
Miller Pipeline was a family buisness that turned into a national corporation. The pay is good the work is hard. Problems with facilitating work close to my home.
Claimed Commitment to the team as core value, which turned out to be not true at all.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job greatly until I was retaliated against because I brought up a certain issue involving a code of conduct violation. Also, when asking about my FMLA rights, was given incorrect information.
Official response from Miller Pipeline LLC
October 3, 2018

We regret that this employee had a negative experience at Miller Pipeline. No retaliatory action has been taken. Retaliation is not only illegal, but it is our company policy to follow all federal and state laws.

FMLA leave and short-term disability benefits are provided to all employees who qualify under the terms of the law and company policy.

Miller Pipeline continues to live by our core values of safety, quality, commitment and reputation. We welcome any questions or feedback.

Productive based company.
Crew Foreman (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 19, 2018
Very good place to work with really good people.
The company puts a lot of time and money into training there employees. I've truly enjoyed the friendships made.
Pros
Cons
This is a union job so the pay is the same for that position, No matter how much you do.
Good job
Labor hand (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 3, 2018
Its a good job with many opportunities. It demands hard work. Must like outdoor work and not afraid to get hot and sweaty. The companies number one concern is everyone safety which is a good reassuring.
Pros
daily overtime
Cons
dont work in rain, working in hot weather
chaotic, poorly organized, and very tribalistic place to work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJune 26, 2018
The supervisiors had a handful of favorite workers, and every one else were treated like third class citizens.
No one felt comfortable speaking with them on recurring issues we dealt with on a daily bases.
Newly applied policies made jobs impossible to get done, and if we didnt get it done our jobs were on the line. Making the career feel like a constant trap you couldn't navigate around.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no work/life balance, tribalistic management, poor implementation of policies and standards, very exhausting work with little room for advancement, had to be related to a supervisor to be promoted
Laid-back work environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 12, 2018
The work was easy and you can actually learn a lot in this field. Company gives opportunities to further your career like driving courses welding courses
Productive workplace
Contracted Laborer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2018
Running gas lines an service tees tapping into gas lines backfilling holes jackhammer loading an unloading pipe fusing pipe together cutting gas on an off .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Job job with great benefits
laborer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 28, 2018
Can’t say enough good things about miller pipeline.but because of my relaxation for personal reasons I could no longer work there. If the area I lived at now paid more I would still be there today.
Pros
Perdiem when out of town.
Cons
Out of town and living in a hotel Monday threw frid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miller Pipeline LLC. Our community is ready to answer.