Milliken & Company Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
Maintenance manger (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 31, 2018
Open doors and outside gates for employees to enter and check all machinery for daily operation. Keeping machines monthly PM done regularly. Management was great and check in weekly for updates
People were ready to do a job didn't matter which one or what just needed to be ask or let known something needed done.
The hardest part of the job was checking on an empty building, walking thru it checking for damage or break-in.
Good place to work.
Pros
company takes care of it's employees
Cons
N/a
Evolving Company
Management (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 20, 2018
Milliken has a long and storied history in the US textile industry. It has succeeded for many years while many of its competitors have struggled and failed in the face of stiff global competition. These competitive challenges will only increase in the future. Milliken is going through a business and cultural evolution. Any evolution involves significant risks. Time will tell if this effort is successful.
Hot in the summer, cold in the winter
Quality Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCJanuary 24, 2019
Very easy job unless there are range issues or cloth breaks out. Management is a management team and if you have issues with anyone you can not talk to anyone else about your issues or you will be watched and tried to fire you. Management will talk to other people badly about you when you haven't heard any such problems. Uncomfortable to talk to HR Manager knowing he has is other managers backs. Contacting corporate office does not work. Even if you are certified on more than 3 machines you don't make more but more is expected of you. Wont get to first shift unless you know someone and are liked by them on first shift.
Pros
you get paid, easy work, safety first
Cons
management chooses favorites, mangers over employees, blamed for others mistakes, no breaks when only 2 operators, lack of veteran employees, never get to see family
Fast pace working environment
Assembly Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alma, GANovember 2, 2018
Milliken is a good place to work, easy job once you catch on to what you suppose to do and how things work. If you have little kids or kids that's active in school activities its not a job for you, due to the swing shift and having to work overnight and weekends you want have time for the kids and what they are involved in for school.
benefits
Cons
management and pay
Great to work if you have no children and can survive off 36 hrs one week and 48 the next. 12 hour days.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 16, 2018
Great when there is over time. You have to work 60-72 hrs to make any type of money to live off of. you have to get hired on through express first. Th
Pros
Nice break room.
Cons
Can seem to keep anyone. Have to work way more than 40 hours to make good money. 12 hour days.
work at milliken
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SCOctober 10, 2018
best job I ever had . I hated the first five years then move to a different department was like night and day I loved that job management was fair and pay was good for that type of job . I work there 16 years love it . then left that job making $35.000 per year to work for the railroad making $ 90.000 per year I wish I had stayed at Milliken making $ 35.000 per year I loved that job.
Pros
not very stressful
Cons
long hours and rotate shifts
Fun and productive work place
Winder Operator (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJanuary 31, 2019
Very fun and productive environment. It's a fast paced yet very obtainable job. There are different departments in which you can choose or work to obtain the proper training for your desired career.
Pros
Great break rooms with a variety of snacks
Cons
Very hot and favoritism
Not good pay masters.always lag behind other companies as pay masters
Controls Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCSeptember 2, 2018
There is no pay increment schedule. Even when you get raise after two three years it is always a few cents per hour. Yes there is some discrimination on the basis of race/color, because of which I suffered.
Pros
It is good to work if one does not get a better place to work.
Cons
One loses self respect at the hands of high handed superiors.
Their training program is no good
Knitting Machinist (Former Employee) –  Columbus ncAugust 25, 2018
The management their is no good. They let new people run their most valuable product when they really don't know how to do it. They only run the air conditioner when the people in the office are at work and that is not fair to the people running the machines because they are the ones making the company's money.
Pros
Paid breaks, time goes by fast, overtime
Cons
Work plans are no good, mangement is off
Productive and fun workplace
Off line assistant (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 22, 2018
I was an offline assistant and I had to make an lay out of every of carpet tiles we had and check them for defects and discoloration an keep a track of the quantity so if we missing any I could let the machine operator know what we was missing and how many we was missing
Milliken is a great company the shift supervisor just aren't the best for the company.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 8, 2018
I like Milliken company its the shift supervisors that I don't like. They give promotions to whomever they choose "their friends" instead of the best qualifying candidate. I think they need to replace the shift supervisors they are all complacent with their jobs only promotes for their best interest.
Pros
excellent place of employment
Cons
Terrible supervisiors
Great company
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, SCOctober 28, 2018
Very great company to work for. Company produced dyed fabric for big brands like Dickies, Jean World, Cintas and the US military and government. 8 hour shifts with some Saturday work.
Pros
Free company dinners, paid weekly, Gaines McArthur pay and family events.
Cons
Some Saturday work
Accounts payable offerd many opportunities
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 7, 2018
Milliken and Company offers a comfortable working environment , with a onsite cafeteria and gym for working out. Working in the Accounts Payable department offered opportunities to speak with other plants to discuss invoices that needed to be paid or had become missing.
Pros
comfortable working conditions
Cons
difficulities with job advancement
Fun work.place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCSeptember 30, 2018
Great company to work for OK management at this location benefits OK could be better and relationships with the employee's was fair at time Milliken as a whole company is great to work for upper level would check on employees to check on you and make sure things was going right.
Great office space but tense working atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 20, 2019
I really like the office building and the campus. It is really good. But the work culture and atmosphere is not very friendly and energetic. Businesses are under immense pressure to grow.
Nice place to work
Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnston, SCAugust 19, 2018
Milliken is a nice place to work it's a nice start. Friendly work environment and professional work place I liked working at Milliken they worked with you if you found yourself in a bad spot. You would love working here very laid back if you can't do a job they'll find you one that fits you if you're willing to work
Pros
Cons
Paid break
Very Relaxed And Laid Back Awsome Job ! I’d Recommend It
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJuly 15, 2018
It’s A Great Job Overall, I Just Had To Leave The Job Because I Had To Relocate From My Previous House Of Residence. It Was Good Pay Per Hour And Overtime Was Available As Long As Time Isn’t Being Spent Slacking Off. Great And Highly Respective Managers As Well And Easy People To Get Alone With. Great Working Conditions And Coworkers Become Family. Great Culture And Id Recommend This Job If You Want To Employee Yourself Into A Dynasty!
Pros
Your Work Never Goes Unnoticed Or Inappreciated
Cons
There Are None If Asking For My Opinion
production
Production Associate/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 17, 2019
production work load and unload trucks stocking and in stocking trucks moving boxes with pallet clearance of items on the floor and helping if production got back behind.
slow and fast work
machine senior operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 31, 2018
stressful some do what they have to do while others expect others to do their job, you also never get praise for working hard and good but you will get chewed for doing a simple mistake
Pros
paid lunch, days off
Cons
12 hours shifts, working every holiday, not enough pay for responsibilities
People were nice and helpful
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCFebruary 6, 2019
The place is cold in the winter,hot in the summer the canteen is small and expensive to buy snacks.The front office people are nice and helpful to solve any problems