MilliporeSigma Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Innovative multinational company
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 2, 2018
Privately owned company (Merck Family), been in business 350 years, >60,000 employees wold-wide. Mature management , work environment, and business processes.
Pros
Good total-compensation package.
Cons
Somewhat bureaucratic, as is any large multinational organization.
Great place.
Manufaturing Tech (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 21, 2018
Great place to work BUT there is one co-worker at Broadway that can make your life miserable. Management is top notch. Typical day is 8 hours, job is not hard.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
One worker really hard to get along with
very progressive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2018
ver good company to work for, great benefits and people. business is growing every year and biggest challenge is keeping up wiht the growth. company has great benefits
Decent place overall
Senior Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 1, 2018
I think MilliporeSigma did a lot of things properly, but could have done more for its employees. If a new position opens up after I finish traveling I could go back. I would and have recommended it to friends.
Typical bureaucracy of large company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 22, 2018
Poor handling of smaller sites. Poor positioning for long term success. Too conservative and risk-averse, focusing on short term goals. Lack of career path for engineers. Indecisive leadership that changes quickly. Very confusing career advancement, and poor work culture.
Dedicated Professionals
Business Tools Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 16, 2018
It's an excellent place to work. The culture is professionally while not being stodgy. People tend to be very helpful in assisting on-boarding of new hires. A good experience.
Pros
Great dining area
Cons
Typical issues with any multinational company.
We have a classic arcade mechine in the meeting room with more than a 100 games
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2018
Very fun place to work, managers are very helpful and diverse. Tasks are not overwhelmingly hard but still provide some good challenges. Mentors do a good job teaching new hire step by step and have a lot of patience.
Pros
Friendly environment, understanding manager, fair start up salary
Cons
bathroom too small for the amount of people we have
ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  MAApril 30, 2018
Well I'd say that MilliporeSigma was a good company that still had the pulse of the original acquired firm embedded in it. Growth seemed strong and forward
Relaxed R+D Environment
R&D Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAApril 25, 2018
Excellent company to work for, my boss is amazing and very easy to talk to. As a contractor though I receive no benefits and no paid days off. My coworkers are easy to work with and very intelligent, they say that some part of the company fall prey to the typical office politics and competitions, however I did not find this true within my specific team. There is a lot of room to grow and advance for permanent employees, however as a contractor and newbie I found myself mostly doing the grunt work, ex. drafting dozens of drawings and being assigned the length validation testing. The work was a little too easy with little to truly challenge. However, I'm sure this was due to my status as the low man on the totem poll. Over all there is a good culture at the company and the cafeteria is excellent.
Pros
Good Boss, Good Coworkers, Excellent Cafeteria
Cons
Contract work (No Benefits), Too Easy, Long Commute
Working in a professional environment
Document Controller II (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHMarch 29, 2018
The culture tends to be strange, many employees are long time employees and just show up for work.

The new people that come in, with new ideas and enthusiasm, soon learn the system is not going to change. Unfortunately some of the best and brightest have not stayed due to this culture.

I found it a good place to work depending on what department you work in.

Great benefits and fair pay, but hard to get raises, due to the review process.
Pros
Cafe, benifits, clean, and great EHS Dept.
Cons
Engrained culture of long time employees not wanting to change.
Fast paced environment with an innovative culture.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHMarch 21, 2018
There is lots of room for growth at higher levels within the company and many great people to collaborate with.

Day to day work tends to be face paced within production but with a focus on safety and quality.
Pros
Great benefits, Good People.
Cons
Low end pay, Lots of Overtime, Not family oriented.
Good Company - Lots of Challenges
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  st. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2018
Good Performer. Got all of his assignments done on time with good quality

Good Biosciences company. Very Conservative in its Management.

There are Lots of Challenges at MilliporeSigma
Great company
Associate Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Field based sales provides a lot of freedom and room to grow. Great work-life balance. Large network of support to answer questions and help make sales.
Customer Relaitons
Desk job (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 4, 2018
Good place to work. Excellent staff, good leader, always something new to learn. Regular schedule, no overtime. Questionable if this job will last as they are going through a very slow reorganizing due to a merge.
As a QC Scientist, I am able to handle material testing, product releases, quality documentation, quality issues and other tasks assigned to me.
QUALITY CONTROL SCIENTIST III (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I arrive at work between 6.30 AM. Around 12.00 noon, I go for a walk (20-25 min) and then take a lunch (12.00 PM - 1.00 PM). I leave the office around 4.30 PM. Since I have been working as a QC Scientist for past 10 yrs, I have a very good understanding of Quality-related issues and challenges.
good place to work with good benefits
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJanuary 22, 2018
Working at MilliporeSigma was a good job with great benefits. Although it could be stressful, and it seemed communication was an issue at times, it was a good place to work and had good hourly pay. It also had PTO for sick time and paid vacation time. If I were to ever move back to NH, I would indefinitely go back to working for this company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
Cons
communication barriers, hard to move up in position
poor corporate growth planning
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  homebasedJanuary 17, 2018
I joined millipore, which was purchased by merck kgaa. the merging of the business was very slow and tedious. Often there were several business processes in place to get the same task accomplished. this put unnecessary burdens on the organization and often frustrated customers. quality of the product suffered and customer service was frustrating. instead of fixing the problems, a new company was purchased and brought int the fold.....compounding the issues. any culture that was there is now so diluted that it is difficult to find. as a customer getting a consistent relationship can be difficult.
Pros
great legacy company with good culture
Cons
the culture and legacy were lost
Collaborative work environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Always innovating and advancing current technologies with full support from other creative scientists and engineers. Detailed work flows for introducing products to market. Global work staff for collaboration.
Pros
Free coffee
Everyone is very nice
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 2, 2018
Everyone welcomes you and it is a great work atmosphere. The management strives to make a difference such as "suggestion " boards and comments or concerns that always get checked.
Loved working for the company
Account Management Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2017
Worked as an account management rep in the servicing side as a single point of contact for both pharmaceutical clients and then late for Food Grade products. Loved working for the company, great culture and great management team. Definite upward mobility potential. Only left company due to relocation to Arizona. Would have stayed if I could have.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MilliporeSigma. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight