MilliporeSigma Employee Reviews

As a QC Scientist, I am able to handle material testing, product releases, quality documentation, quality issues and other tasks assigned to me.
QUALITY CONTROL SCIENTIST III (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAFebruary 2, 2018
I arrive at work between 6.30 AM. Around 12.00 noon, I go for a walk (20-25 min) and then take a lunch (12.00 PM - 1.00 PM). I leave the office around 4.30 PM. Since I have been working as a QC Scientist for past 10 yrs, I have a very good understanding of Quality-related issues and challenges.
good place to work with good benefits
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJanuary 22, 2018
Working at MilliporeSigma was a good job with great benefits. Although it could be stressful, and it seemed communication was an issue at times, it was a good place to work and had good hourly pay. It also had PTO for sick time and paid vacation time. If I were to ever move back to NH, I would indefinitely go back to working for this company.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, People
Cons
communication barriers, hard to move up in position
poor corporate growth planning
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  homebasedJanuary 17, 2018
I joined millipore, which was purchased by merck kgaa. the merging of the business was very slow and tedious. Often there were several business processes in place to get the same task accomplished. this put unnecessary burdens on the organization and often frustrated customers. quality of the product suffered and customer service was frustrating. instead of fixing the problems, a new company was purchased and brought int the fold.....compounding the issues. any culture that was there is now so diluted that it is difficult to find. as a customer getting a consistent relationship can be difficult.
Pros
great legacy company with good culture
Cons
the culture and legacy were lost
Collaborative work environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Always innovating and advancing current technologies with full support from other creative scientists and engineers. Detailed work flows for introducing products to market. Global work staff for collaboration.
Pros
Free coffee
Everyone is very nice
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 2, 2018
Everyone welcomes you and it is a great work atmosphere. The management strives to make a difference such as "suggestion " boards and comments or concerns that always get checked.
Loved working for the company
Account Management Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2017
Worked as an account management rep in the servicing side as a single point of contact for both pharmaceutical clients and then late for Food Grade products. Loved working for the company, great culture and great management team. Definite upward mobility potential. Only left company due to relocation to Arizona. Would have stayed if I could have.
Overall It was A good Place to Work for 10 years.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2017
I learned Computer Skills, Phones skills and Operating and Packaging materials. Also Customer Service Skills. The hardest part of the job was Standing for 8 hours a day when I was on the assembly line. I enjoyed meeting new people, I has now no problems with the Managers or Hr.
Pros
Excellent Dental and Health Care Benefits.
Cons
The hours.
Don't expect advancement
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 13, 2017
Good company to work for and gain experience, but the company prefers to hire outside and not promote within. Great benefits, and probably the best 401k now compared to any other company. Culture is a mess after the merger
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
Poor Management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2017
There is no work life balance. Worked 6 days a week. Wasn't allowed to take lunch as a salaried employee. Was not given days off requested. Often operating with less than the employees needed for workload, but expected to always do more and more!
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Everything else.
Great working environment with knowledgeable people
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan Falls, WIAugust 30, 2017
Great workplace culture with many good employees. Management overall was very well rounded with a good balance of being personable and willing to help employees. If they had a facility in the Fox Valley, I would definitely seek employment from MilliporeSigma again.
Very good work - life balance
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2017
Definitely a good place to work if your main focus is a healthy work-life balance. I met so many good people here and all my bosses were super supportive.
Nice experience
Quality Systems Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 11, 2017
working with Merck is one of the best experience i have. Situated in very nice location just over the waterfront with good management system. Colluges are helpful with proper support to grow in future.
Pros
Supportive envioroment
I love it
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 3, 2017
Great company to work for and great salary, benefits and training

Great industry, Life Science which seems to be stable and growing nicely each year.
After merge, company became too bureaucratic
Inquiry Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 31, 2017
EMD Millipore was a great company before Merck KGAA acquired them, but as the company grew the management became more concerned with making money than providing good quality products for customers. Millipore was a company that stood for quality, but now that quality has been lost.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a good work/life balance, informal business culture
Awesome place to work.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Jaffrey, NHJuly 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They do a lot for their employees. The company is always trying to improve the way people work so there will be less injuries at work. If I did have to relocate I would still be there.
Excellent place to work with great opportunities.
Quality Agreements/Change Control Expert (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2017
The culture of the company is changing- more toward a European outlook.
The more enjoyable part of the job is traveling with MilliporeSigma allowing more travel.
Pros
Free coffee, excellent charitable opportunities
Cons
Still working to harmonize company philosophy
diverse environment yet not full time employment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 26, 2017
Communication was limited to conference calls. Yet communication was sufficient for the project that I worked on. Full-time employment was limited because of company merging. Thus was on contract.
Love the R&D community
Contracted Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 6, 2017
In the research and development department they have a great dynamic. Work hard and get the job done and you will do well. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills.
MilliporeSigma
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, MAJune 3, 2017
- Middle management is not empowered enough.
- If you are coming from outside, you need to be able to get into old boys club. People usually have +5 years experience in the company.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Prodcutive and fun place to work
Sr. Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 19, 2017
MilliporeSigma is a world leader in its field and opportunities are boundless in the company. Great people, great products and global perspective. Many different divisions to explore and growth professionally.
Pros
Cons
Is large mulitnational company that can be slow to move -- expected at companies of this size

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MilliporeSigma. Our community is ready to answer.