Mills Fleet Farm Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Growing Company
Supply and Fulfillment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 13, 2018
Fleet Farm is going through a lot of changes in 2018 and it makes it a stressful work environment.Overall, things are going to improve and it is a fun place to work.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIJuly 11, 2018
Fleet Farm is a very fun and inviting place to work. Co workers are very helpful and customers are very nice. Managers are on top of things and help you whenever needed.
Pros
Nice Managers
Cons
Not very flexible hours
Great place for students to work as a temporary job
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJune 30, 2018
The people are great and its easy to get trained in with the system. I would recommend this job to high school students who are looking for a part time job during the school year or summer to pay for rent.
friendly place to work for
Front End Operation Specialist Dept Head (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJune 26, 2018
very fast pace, rotational scheduling, friendly people to work with, know day is ever the same, I enjoyed the customers the most and the friendly atmosphere, management is open and friendly but also can be demanding at times, but what job isn't like that
Pros
donuts and sodas provided every so often, employeed appreciation meals every April
Cons
a lot of physical and mind work can be exausting
Decent place to work
Auto Service Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 25, 2018
Good people. Decent hours. Fine pay. Good training. Fine benefits. Better than last job by a long shot in every respect. Much better in taking care of their employees.
ok
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menomonie, WIJune 22, 2018
Job was ok. What I didn't like was you almost need a flow chart to know when you would be working and when you would be off. Some days you open and some days you close.
Fast paced and exciting workplace with much change.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 13, 2018
The company was sold in 2016 to new owners with new and dynamic ideas and goals. It’s a fast paced and exciting work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff and customers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
unsupportive
Front End Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJune 12, 2018
other than the coworkers, this job made me unhappy everyday. I was overworked and given most responsibilities in the store that most managers didn't even know how to process.
Cons
short breaks, management is not on your team
It's okay
Sales Floor Clerk (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 8, 2018
Your get paid $9.00 an hour plus an extra $2.50 on weekends and holidays that the store is open. It's nice that they close at 6pm on Sundays and are closed for Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas Day.
Good place to work, but few hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hermantown, MNJune 7, 2018
Typical day varied by the time of the year and the weather outside, but was busy before the holidays, and slow after. Management was relaxed and fun to work with, also tried to keep us busy at all times. Workplace culture was relaxed and everyone was treated equally. Hardest part of the job was being sent to help a department I was not familiar with and trying to find things when customers needed assistance. The most enjoyable was also being sent to other departments because I would always have something to do, the day would go by quickly, and customers for the most part only needed help finding things in the store.
Fun and a lot of communication and jokes spoke throughout the day
Sporting Goods Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 6, 2018
A normal day of work would either be 5 to 7 hour shifts, depending on the day it can be very busy or not be busy at all. The most places you will be at are the fishing counter and the hunting counter because they are the most popular
Pros
More than one person helping you
Cons
Short breaks
ok
Front End Opperations (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJune 6, 2018
Working for Mills Fleat Farm was ok. No one respects and adult cashier or supervisor so day to day was being yelled at and talked down to by customers making it a bit stressful. Management was about what you would expect nothing bad or good above the norm. Pay was kind of sad about a dollar less than other companies in the same field in the area. Also they do not give pay increase along with promotion. I was given my 90 day review and the standard 25 cent increase with no consideration for the additional responsibilities I took on upon my promotion.
Pros
Promotes from within, flexible scheduling
Cons
sad pay, income does not increase with job title
Working at Mills Fleet Farm
Front End Of Operations/Pricing Department Head (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 6, 2018
Typical day at Mills Fleet farm. It is a fast paced work environment. As an FEO I would count all of the money in the safe morning and night. Prepare deposits, count all money in 34 registers, train cashiers etc
Unprofessional, No dynamic
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 5, 2018
I worked there for 3 months. It is very unprofessional & management is terribly disorganized. People were walking out almost every weekend during my time there.
Pros
Decent money & hours
Cons
Management, disorganized
Easy work but long hours
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, WIJune 5, 2018
Much of the work I did was very easy but I was often very bored because I spent most of my time waiting for customers to come through my line. I did not know anyone there so I had no one to talk to, but the pay was good for the work I was doing
Great Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJune 5, 2018
Great customers, active managers who get to know you, a lot of moving around for a standard cashier job, very laid back atmosphere, helpful supervisors
If you care about being treated right dont work here.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Monticello, MNMay 31, 2018
The management doesn't care about the workers. There is no work-life balance all you do is work.
No flexible schedule.
You will be expected to do the work of at least 4 people.
Many times you will be left to work your own Department alone.
I have also had up to three departments to clean and straighten and assist customers by myself.
If you are closing at night don't expect to get out at the time your shift ends many times we have been held there at least 45 minutes minimum after our shift is over.
Pros
10% off everything but food and guns
Cons
Treated like trash
Fast paced, friendly working environment
Head of Receiving. Sporting goods asociate (Former Employee) –  West Bend, WIMay 31, 2018
Greeting customers and helping them find the products and services that they are looking for. Learned how to fill C02 tanks, put fishing line on reels, fill out gun sale background check forms, and how to show and sell guns.All this was the fun part of job. The hard part was putting away heavy boxes of ammunition.
Pros
Paid 30 minute lunch break and 15 minute break
Cons
Had to work one or two evenings every week
Love the people I work with
Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303May 24, 2018
I love the people I work with. Everyone is up beat and positive. There is always chance for growth with this company. LP is one of the best jobs in the company as far as I'm concerned. I fell we really know what's going on in the company and we are always one the look out for people who are not doing right.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Sometimes lunch is only 15 minutes
Great Co-workers
Merchandise Associate/Department Head (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAMay 24, 2018
The co-workers at Mills Fleet Farm are fantastic. Working there you work with customers directly in most positions. Merchandising and getting product to the floor. I have learned how to Merchandise and make product look good to the consumer. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all of the tasks of the day.