Milwaukee Catholic Home Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2018
Very family, religion oriented organization, a very well organized place of business with the resident interest and well-being highly considered thru rehab.
Pros
Lots of entertainment for the residents.
Cons
No high based salaries.
loved working there
CNA (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2018
typical day- fast
learned- patience
management- Ok
hardest part- working short
enjoyed most- my residents
Over all i loved working at the catholic home and will forever be grateful for everything.
Pros
free food and residents
Cons
working short
Plqace to learn new things
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 18, 2017
I like working for the company. I have learned new things since I have worked for the company. The work day is real productive. My managers are very nice and doesn't mind helping me out if I needed help.
Pros
new things
Great place
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2017
I loved my job, just which they didn't change the idea of the nursing home, They wanted line cooks instead of food aids. made the dining room more of a restaurant style, great place though, Missed it.
Pros
Free lunch, great after work parties, great teamwork. fun residents.
Nice place to work
Nursing Assistant-Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2017
I received my CNA training here. The short time there it was OK. Staff was helpful when needed and the clients were nice to talk to. I learned a lot while working here.
Wasn't a fan
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2017
I worked here for 2 years, frequently tried to apply to different positions within the company because I loved the residents but was never given the opportunity so I was forced to move on. Diane in the kitchen is a terribly lazy boss who sits in her office and texts guys shes trying to meet on dating apps.
Pros
Friendly residents, co worker
Cons
leadership, minus Dave Fulcher he was a great boss
Excellent service
Security/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 28, 2017
A very awesome place to work loved assisting co workers on new projects to move forward in building new and amazing relationship so everyone could further their careers.
Great Company
CNA Clinical Rotation (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 4, 2017
I completed a one week training for this company and completed volunteer work. I really liked the working environment and I didn't want to leave. This was part of my training through Job Corp.
Pros
Great Staff
great fast paced working environment
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 1, 2017
a typical day at work was great I learned how to work with real patients and feed and dress clients with and without disabilities the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people and getting to be able to care for others but the hardest part of the job was having the wrong shoes on so its was kind of hard walking all day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Milwaukee Catholic Home
BSW INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 27, 2017
Staff is vibrant and truly caring of residents they serve. Management has a respectful, healthy, and continuous flow of communication with the rest of the staff. Other staff members get along well with each other and help each other out in situations.
productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 9, 2017
much teamwork, residents are warm and welcoming, you are given thanks for you work and are rewarded for job well done. only down side is the scheduling.
Great atmosphere and staff to work in.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here because i was able to interact with different kinds of people, which was a plus for me because im am a people person. I was helpful and always willing to go the extra mile, as well as be a team player.
Enjoyable workplace with nice residents
Cook/Food Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2016
I enjoy working here because of the very nice residents and other staff members. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I put a smile on a residents face.
fun work place we had a gym, massages every payday.
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2015
Clock in get my assignment, check to see if the residents were okay; get report from the nurse, the nurses would show or inform use about anything we needed to know; they would show use different ways to take care a resident that was difficult or can't sleep.
Pros
We got free lunches everyday, Nice holiday bonuses.
Cons
some residents were very abusive.
not productive or resident oriented
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 21, 2015
been with mch 19yrs past 10 yrs management changed & not resident oriented buisness oriented.most enjoyable part of job my residents co workers dont possesss o good work ethic. hardest part of job dealing with employees that dont genuinely care for the job/residents it's just a pay check
Best Job I had working in the nursing home field
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2015
My typical day at work was helping clients with there everyday living skills such as bathing, feeding, and dressing. I enjoy helping others and love to see a smile on my clients face that lets me know they appreciate my hard work and I am able to gain rapport with my client by giving them the best possible care.
Great work place w/ an established kitchen crew.
Lead Cook/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2015
This is a great place to work where family life is regarded as sacred. Management does its best to accommodate schedules. Best meals in the city for retirement homes, all fresh ingredients and excellent chefs cooking it. Everyone is cordial and communicates.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner, 4 day work week
Cons
Four, ten hour work days for kitchen crew can be long.
Smooth, flowing, and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me is usually smooth, flowing, and fun. I have learned the likes and dislikes for all my patients. The daily routine is 9 out of 10 times the same. Which I like, but I also do not mind change. Change is good too. Keeps me on my feet. Management is alright. Although it has changed a lot within the last 12 years of my employment there. I think that is expected though. The hardest part of my job is seeing a patient who is ill and getting ready to pass. When you grow a strong bond with your patients and their families it is hard to see that person going through what they are going through. And to see the hurt within the families is also a hard thing to cope with. I like to develop good relationships with my patients and their families because I want them to be able to trust, depend, and know that I having nothing but my best interest at hand. The staff and patients make work enjoyable. For the most part all the staff gets along. The patients are so very pleasant and a joy to be around. There are many activities throughout the whole day that my job provides to keep the patients busy and active.
Pros
free lunches, insurance, some incentives
Cons
short breaks and that is all I can come up with at the moment
Work was Wild
Food Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 1, 2014
My job was fun, I get to show to skills to many employees including the resident at the same time I had to work. I love my job especially with the communications I had with resident and family. I had to serve and reset sides that each person was assigned to. I really enjoyed this company.
Cons
down sized
productive fast paced
Nursing Aide Student (Former Employee) –  milwaukee,wisJanuary 24, 2014
senior care center that can work with seniors helping them with daily living
Pros
hour long lunch breaks
Cons
long walks