Mimi's Cafe Employee Reviews

stress
Manager Sales and Service (Current Employee) –  Golden, COApril 11, 2019
I would have to run the shift as far as make sure all guest were being taken care of as well as expo and all employees. I would have to cook if we were short on cooks. I would order food write schedules and fallow labor for the day. I also was a server prior to management at Mimis as well
Good Quality of life
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2019
Hard to keep managers across the company, the quality of life is good because of the operation hours. Mimi's has a great product, the food is good and the atmosphere is great
Awesome
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2019
This place you make lots of money as long as you have the people skill. Multitasking is a must and management is amazing. You will always have help and support.
Fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2019
Great place to start from the bottom and move your way up in the company. You will meet so many employees and customers, and learn how to handle difficult situations on the fly. Restaurant life can be face paced at times and you have to be ready to go, go, go! There is no job like restaurant life. However, management is always changing and the company mission statement is loosely followed.
family orientated
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAMarch 20, 2019
friendly and very welcoming however when the restaurant became understaff it felt like there wasn't enough support coming from management, a typical days work normal went to having to work maybe 3 tables at once to 5-6 tables at one time.
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed my co-workers and having a fast pace environment. I made good money and work was always fun but it had stressful points as any restaurant would.
It was an ok job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMarch 6, 2019
The job allowed me to earn a living and practice my skills as a server. It was not the best job and not the worst either. It served it’s purpose and allowed me to grow as a person
Pros
Tips
Hard Workers
Server/ store trainer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 26, 2019
Can be a very stressful restaurant but always seemed to pay off when I was stressed. Hard working coworkers and management. Bigger sections while working.
Decent for first serving job
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2019
Decent for first serving job. If you like eating pancakes then this is the place to work and meatloaf. Other than that I probably wouldnt reccoment working there
summary
Server (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 24, 2019
working at mimis cafe taught me alot about teamwork and working in a fast paced environment. Mimis cafe is a perfect place to apply to feel comfortable and in a family setting i highly recommend.
good
Host (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 19, 2019
greatly enjoyed working at mimis most of management was enjoyable to work with barring a few. Overall would recommend applying wouldn't have quit if it wasn't for me moving.
productive work place
Server/Barista/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 17, 2019
It was a experience to learn new things in the industry. having to work in a franchise company expanded my knowledge with new items constantly changing. what made it comfortable was definitely my coworkers i can't say the same about management but i always found a way to look past that.
A lot of work for good money.
Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Mimi's is a very fast paced restaurant that always seems busy so you can make really good money. They train you well for serving and in all front of house positions. An enjoyable place to work.
Great Culture
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 9, 2019
FoH and BoH staff were great to work with. Management ended changing when this location was in a franchising process. The changes being implemented were very detrimental to the existing staff and eliminated my position. Despite of these bad changes, the company is doing decent now having new management all over again.
Pros
Very Lax
Cons
Not always busy to make money
A good place to make money and friends
Take-out/Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAFebruary 8, 2019
A good place though difficult at times. Overall it was a very positive experience. The guest were good and the coworkers were positive and upbeat. There are many changes to the menu and procedures though.
The happiest place is ever worked
Server (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 7, 2019
I fell in love with the store the Moment I walked in the doors the feel of the place was w wonderful the decorations in the lobby were the best big fire place environment is warm and welcoming staff was courious s well as management great food and clean a fine dining experience
I Wittman love to experience it again
Pros
Everything about the place and company
Cons
No benefits
Good
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 31, 2019
Great company with a wide selection of food from basic breakfast to upscale diner items. Good team work environment and friendly back of the house workers.
poor management and hours
Host and take out specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 30, 2019
workplace was stressful, never positive, poor management and very unorganized, felt like i was running the show but with people on my back in case things went wrong which if they did i ran over the place just looking for a supervisor. Let alone they knew nothing about loyalty! i worked here for a year yet my hours were being cut and given to the new employees ...
Pros
you have a job
Cons
ive listed most of them
Stay Away!
Manager/Acting GM (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 29, 2019
As my title states. Terrible organization to the core along with self serving management. If you're not "in" with the crowd, you'll be bullied by some lifer.
N/a
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 24, 2019
It was a good experience for me. The hours were descent it was slower at times but it got busy around mothers day or fathers day there food was really good i liked there deserts better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mimi's Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight