Mimi's Cafe Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was a nice family friendly place with nice customers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 17, 2018
My managers were nice and understandable they really helped a lot. Most of the customers were nice but some were really rude and since it was my first job experience it was really stressful. I had to leave because of transportation and personal issues but the people I worked with were supportive.
Pros
Half off the food
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Mimi’s Cafe was very inconsistent with there priorities and what they wanted to do as business.
Host and Busser (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2018
Mimi’s Cafe was a very relaxed place to work. But sometimes I felt the managers didn’t know what they want from some employees and lead to inconsistent customer service.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Inconsistent management
productive
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 11, 2018
its a nice place to eat far as working there they only paying 11.00 and most of the people there don't speak English. at lunch time you have to stay in the break room
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Server
Host/Togo Server/Server (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 10, 2018
The paid was minumwage but the tip was that help the most. Fast pace. Only work a few Hours after the shift we had to stock up the tables we were aside too
Poor management
Server (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 10, 2018
Serving at Mimi's Cafe was interesting because I only worked nights and sometimes only a couple of people would come in, or it would get very busy. We were always understaffed and someone always called off. The management seemed to not care about its employees nor help them when needed. The environment was dirty in my opinion, and there was no team work. Many employees have worked there for 5 plus years and were older, therefore they did not treat me nicely. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed and getting sat with no time to greet. The most enjoyable part was being able to get hired with no experience in serving and being taught and learning all about serving.
Pros
Understanding with school hours, tips.
Cons
management, slow business, unorganized, stressfull and pressuring
Productive and fun working place
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJuly 8, 2018
Overall a very great first job experience all around. Friendly and hard working coworkers, Easy going but stern managers, and close to godliness customers.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
No cons
Fun server position
Server (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 7, 2018
- Provided an awesome dining experience for customers.
- Recorded orders and meals for customers.
- Cleaned tables after customers finished their meals.
Labor Work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAJuly 4, 2018
I liked it there, I was a dishwasher, work very hard, I always did my best, too prove, my labor, on working the quickest, did not have a problem, by been told what too, do, it was the hours, that I did not agree, on, I was promised, if I kept the good work, I will have a full time job, but it never happens, and I decided to leave them.
face paced food service
Server (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 21, 2018
if you work nights your shifts are short and tips are unpredictable but still very busy. morning shift are long and sometimes with out breaks and most of the time are overly busy and very stressfull.
server
Hostess and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJune 18, 2018
i liked working at mimis for many reasons however buisness became extremely slow to where the restaurant had to close down however there are other locations worldwide
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 15, 2018
Great Leadership and room for advancement, this company has great potential to be something it once was. The people and the teams you work with are what is truly special about this company.
A good place for young adults to work at.
Server (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 6, 2018
I think that MiMi's needs some review in managing people. Should strive to make their employees feel good about working there, and not tp be manadtory for everyone to work on all holidays. It is a food place if you don't have a family.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, paid vactions, no raises
Corporate doesn’t care about their employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Bee Cave, TXJune 1, 2018
I was a server at Mimi’s for almost 4 years. You’re always required to work all holidays and weekends which wasn’t an issue for me at the time. I loved all of my managers and they took great care of their employees and guests, I was very lucky to get a management team like them. The only problem that I really had is that corporate decided to come in and close our doors for good without any prior notice. As a reliable and long-time employee, I felt betrayed. Corporate clearly does not value their employees the way that they should and have apparently been closing locations all over the states. I would not trust them as an employee or as a customer ever again.
Pros
If you work at the right location, you can find phenomenal management. 50% off food.
Cons
Absolutely no job security. Corporate treats employees poorly.
Working At Mimi's.
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 1, 2018
Mimi's is a good place to work for servers! Most of the servers have been there a long time and the environment is like family. The food is really good and the staff is friendly.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent business
Taught me great customer service skills
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAMay 28, 2018
Great place to take the family for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Downside was working holidays. Competitive between other servers to get the prime time hours.
Excellent
Server (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 28, 2018
Great work place to start off as a first or second job. Able to balance work and personal life. I enjoyed every second of working with the people there.
Mimi's Cafe
Hostess, Expediter (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLMay 26, 2018
Mimi's was a decent environment to work in. We would get extremely busy for brunch and holidays. The general manager was an amazing person and a pleasure to work for. The assistant manager was very proactive, smart, and helpful. I got promoted from hostess to expediter, which was typically a position reserved for management only. The hardest part of the job was keeping the flow of operations smooth when it was chaotically busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I got promoted to expediter. Management put a lot of faith and trust in me with regards to running a smooth shift.
No longer in business
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAMay 16, 2018
No longer in business. It was a fun location to work at times but got messy during the rush. Disorganized hosts resulted in overly-stressed servers. I still enjoyed it.
Fun working environment and lots engagement between employees
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 16, 2018
Very busy and challenging. Funs fast paced environment. Very engaging community of workers. Good kind of challenging. While promoting a positive work environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Slow
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 14, 2018
Often I would come in and not get a table for a while. It was hard to be motivated working there. The management could have done a better job at providing more excitement and structure.
Pros
50 % of meals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mimi's Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight