Mindful Support Services

Mindful Support Services Employee Reviews

Growth Oportunity
I started at Mindful Therapy group in 2018 as a Provider Support Specialist at the front desk and have advanced now to an Assistant manager of one of our locations. There are amazing opportunities for growth in this company and the environment and people I work with are encouraging and consistently wanting to ensure that you improve and grow. My day isn't spent doing the same tasks over and over, I get the ability to have different experiences every day I come in to work.

I look forward to continuing with the as this company grows.
Career Growth & Leadership Opportunities
One of many things I appreciate about this company is that they invest in their employees and there are many career advancement opportunities. Whether you start in an entry level position or in management, everyone is given an opportunity to cultivate their skills and grow with the company. Every department has a strong team mentality and employees are extremely loyal and kind to each other. We are able to give one another positive and constructive feedback in a safe and caring way. We are always working on innovative projects and improving our work - there is never a dull moment! Everyone here knows how to work hard and also have fun while doing it! Another thing I love about this company is that they value diversity and treat everyone with respect and inclusivity. I have grown in my confidence professionally during my time here, which has had a positive impact on my personal life as well.
A place to grow and have an impact
Mindful Therapy Group was my first job out of college, and I was quite green when I started at the front desk. Even then, my managers put a lot of time and effort into growing me. I am now a part of the management team here, and have been with the company for just under a year. This company is small and growing, which means there is a lot of fluidity in the tasks you are doing every day. We are a tight-knit team, which allows us to work collaboratively and tackle big projects without feeling like it is all resting solely on your shoulders. It is a great place to work if you are interested in learning from others and exploring other areas that you may not have been interested in the past.
Pros
Great benefits, fantastic mentorship and opportunities for growth
Excellent Place for an Internship
I’m a MSW student intern at University of Washington and am super grateful for my internship role at Mindful Therapy Group (MTG). The staff is supportive, compassionate and empathic so I’m having a tremendous learning experience. I am supervised by one of the co-owners and getting some excellent supervision. As UW MSW interns we get to learn, while also being able to are able to give back to society by proving low cost intern therapy to the community. This is really important since we are in a statewide struggle to be able to provide enough access to mental health services. As I reflect on the high volume of services that MTG is providing in the greater Seattle area, I am both proud and deeply grateful to be an intern there. I highly recommend this organization as a future internship site for students who aspire to become great therapists.
A great place to learn and grow
This is hands down the best place I have ever worked. The owners and managers really care about nurturing your growth as an employee and as a person. The company values of authenticity, accountability, mindfulness, and respect are discussed daily when approaching challenges and decisions. I have learned so much about what it means to be self-compassionate by being a part of this team, it is truly a unique experience.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Positive and Progressive Place to Work!
I started with MTG just over a year ago as an administrative assistant. During that time, there were a few key things I was looking for in a job: The first was opportunities for growth; I wanted something that was more than a just a dead-end job, but a career. The other key was that I wanted a team of intelligent and forward-thinking people. Mindful Therapy Group has exceeded both of those expectations in ways I could not have imagined at the time. In my time here, I've moved from an administrative assistant, to the billing department, and finally into management. I've gained skills and knowledge in business, as well as in my personal life. The management team sees every employee as a potential future manager, and treats them as such through ongoing training, education of the business, and coaching. If you're looking for growth in all areas of your life, and are ready to work hard, this is the place for you.
Pros
Opportunity for growth, progressive environment, fair wages, supportive management team
Cons
Direct and transparent communication may be an adjustment for some
Supportive environment
I've been with Mindful Therapy Group for over two years, and my experience here has been unlike any other jobs I've had. I've recently transitioned to an Assistant Manager role, and I account most of my success to the supportive environment the management provides. They build each employee to become a leader and ask employees to strive for growth. I have been able to take risks and grow from my experiences, and knowing that my management supports me in every step has truly been special.

I definitely look forward to continuing my growth with this company!
Helping to become the best version of Yourself
Working at Mindful Therapy Group has changed how I think what a Job should be. By working here I have learned to have positive conflict to work through problems, and how to always strive to better myself and my work.

I was hired into the billing department a year and a half ago, and this has been one of the most rewarding places I have ever worked for. The management is engaging and caring, and every day I feel that I get a bit better at what I was working on. If you love to improve your communication, break down barriers, and see improvement in yourself everyday then this is the place for you.
Pros
Leadership opportunities, Upward mobility, and open communication
Cons
Main office is in Mountlake Terrace, a bit north of Seattle if you don't have a car.
Amazing place to work
I started as an administrative assistant and in about a year I got promoted to intake specialist and have been here for over two years. I absolutely love the management and my co workers and very satisfied with my wage and how quickly I've been moved up. I learn something new everyday!
Great place to work with great advancement!
Mindful Therapy Group has been a great place to work and grow! I came from a retail background as a retail manger and love the growing opportunity Mindful Therapy Group has given me. I enjoy working for a company where you can see their growth in the company and the growth in their employees which they work on promoting employees within. Be ready to be a team player, work hard and get reward for the hard work you put in!
Positive and empowering culture for women
I am an independent contractor at Mindful Therapy Group. I had never experienced such a great fit with a professional environment before I got to MTG. One of the things I respect about MTG is their commitment to honoring diversity amongst their staff and providers. They especially have a strong female leadership presence, which I think is very healthy and inspiring. I have personally experienced tredemdous amount of support and positivity while I balance my work life and family life with young children. Building my practice with the support of Mindful Therapy Group has been the greatest career decision for me. I recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a positive, safe and empowering culture to work in.
Pros
Positive, progressive, likeminded people
Cons
Possible culture adjustment for those from the traditional and rigid medical model
Informed, progressive MH support services
Mindful Therapy Group provides the supportive resources for me to have a thriving private practice and engage in healthy, meaningful risk taking in my career.

I appreciate that MTG fosters a strong provider community. I have access to a provider base of competent, responsive practitioners with diverse backgrounds and interests. You can engage in a variety of ways--honoring various personalities and preference for community.

The therapeutic supportive services (provider support specialists, billing specialists, strong leadership and management) offered through MTG have been invaluable in my growth as a small business owner and continue to provide tools to strengthen my retention. This is so important to me, because it promotes access to meaningful clinical work and fulfilling my passion and joy as a therapist.
Pros
Community, supportive resources for running a private practice
Cons
n/a
Mostly good experience thus far
Keep in mind this is a collective of private practice therapists, so you don't work for Mindful Therapy Group and you don't get benefits from them. Personally, I like that arrangement just fine and overall really like it here. But... I feel very much like a customer of their business services, not a partner in the process, for a few reasons. They seem a bit rigid about some things--often unnecessarily so and seemingly just for the sake of being rigid. It also concerns me that they seem to bring in more clinicians then internal referrals warrant, especially within some specialty areas. This makes it seem like perhaps they're more interested in collecting "membership" fees than helping group members thrive. Speaking of those "membership" fees, they seem a bit high -- not horrible, but there's definitely some nickle-n-diming going in, such as the outrageous cost of business cards. For me, I've accepted their rigidity and the fact that I'll need to work harder at finding clients than I was led to believe, and am enjoying that all the back office work is being done for me.
Comment – June 1, 2018
Today, I'd rate this company TWO STARS. Here's why: As this company grows, their attentiveness to current "members" seems to be declining quickly! Emails go unanswered, new client referrals have dropped dramatically, support staff turns over a lot -- most seem to be trying to do a good job despite being poorly trained; a couple seem completely incompetent. If things don't change -- and quickly -- I'll likely be moving on. I wonder if they'd even notice!
love it here
Joining the MTG team as an independent contractor has been one of the best decisions in my life. They allow me to focus solely on my primary job; to see patients. Starting your own business is a risk, but its a calculated risk and security comes almost immediatly when working in the confines of a group that always has massive referrals coming in. After one month being here, my business was booked. The admin team is professional and wants you to succeed. The owners and mgmt teams are excited to help you grow and they maintain a really relaxed yet professional atmosphere. I feel so at PEACE working within the MTG. I'm extremely grateful.