MINGES BOTTLING GROUP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
compromises driver safety for profit
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCMay 11, 2018
I was a commercial truck driver for this employer. My job description was transporting beverages from the main terminal to another terminal in NC. Easy job with long hours. Frequent break downs utilizing older equippment
Delivery driver
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCOctober 30, 2017
Owners of the company are great to work for, but the upper management have no clue what its like to do the job, the lower management does and are very understanding and good to work with. Pay was inadequite for the job.
Working here was fun
Sales/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 19, 2017
I enjoyed slinging drinks for this company. Great company to work for, I can assure you if I hadn't of gotten hurt I would still be there. After tearing my shoulder with them they settled with me graciously and allowed me to get my shoulder fixed. I highly recommend this company for employment.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Alot of hours
its okay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCApril 13, 2017
its just not for someone who has a family its mostly for someone whose retired. and don't need the money has that bad. good group of people but you to watch some of them.
It was like a family for many years.
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed my many years at the Minges Bottling Group. Had they not made changes I would have happily retired there. The work was hard. The compensation was good. The supervision was mostly great.
Fun place to work at
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCJanuary 2, 2017
It was great to drive to and from SC taking different routes to the company. Did not have to speed to be on time unless there was road construction
Pros
Great place to work not enough money
Cons
Having to sit and wait sometimes to be live loaded.
Not good for your sanity
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Ayden, NCSeptember 4, 2016
The manager of the warehouse cuss at the employees. The shuttle drivers are managed by managers who do not have a cdl and are not aware nor care for the laws pertaining to hours worked. It was not a great experience.
Pros
No longer work there.
Cons
Its a hostile work enviroment
I enjoyed this company in every aspect
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 27, 2015
I really enjoyed this job, the work was easy operating a forklift daily, getting along and having fun with the supervisors after all the work was done for the day,. the pay wasn't great but I cant complain about the job
Pros
easy work, employees, ceo
Cons
short hours
productive and fun workplace
Exceptional customer service (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 8, 2013
customer service skill. the work days were long but they were busy and weel worth the pay. Management was a plaeasure to work with and so were the co-workers. The best part of the job was the discounts we received on pepsi products.
Pros
discount on pepsi products
Cons
Overall great company,great for beginners trying to build a strong work ethic
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Ayden,North CarolinaMarch 4, 2012
I personally have had a great time working for the company,unfortunately its time for me to move onto something with more benefits,and better paying,this job I worked is great for anyone willing to do the labor it requires,and is a single man NOT trying to start a family
Pros
$.35 cent 20oz bottled and $.25 cent can drinks, hour lunch, free ham for christmas
Cons
baby sitting 2nd shift, underpaid, over worked, and not enough hours, office workers gets every holiday off