Mini University Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Supportive Staff
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 16, 2018
The staff was helpful, collaborative, and supportive with each other. Teachers would often help each other in lessons, creative ideas, and suggestions.
Long hours, but validation as an employee
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 7, 2018
This is the first time I have worked for a "For Profit" company and it is vastly different than a "Not For Profit" or government agency-very fast paced, extra responsibilities and work without compensation to improve the company which is intellectually stimulating, but can be exhausting. The upside is the pay is better; upper management-president, vice president truly have an "open door policy" and they listen-really listen-to you, your suggestions and what you have to say.
Pros
upper management that genuinely cares and listens to what you have to say
Cons
Long hours and lots of work
Assisted the teacher in daily child care activities as well as helping the children build cognitive, emotional, and social skills
Child Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I worked one-on-one with both the teachers and the students on a day to day basis. A typical day at work consisted of engaging in play with the children, making their snacks and lunches before we all ate together, consoling very upset children at times, and most importantly, engaging in conscious discipline.
Pros
Building strong relationships with the teacher, the students, and the parents of the students.
Cons
Having to balance an internship as a full time student
Wonderful Work Environment
INFANT SUPPORT STAFF & SUBSTIUTE (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2018
There is not a single con to working at Mini U. I only left because it was far from home & I was only working part time. The staff are all incredible people who make working a joy. The children are wonderful as well. Mini University is a place that is highly respected. Other daycare centers around the Dayton area aspire to be as great as Mini U -- they are a true inspiration to all other daycare centers.
Stressful, no communication
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Mini University used to be a fun place to work at but over the last year they have gone downhill. The PAs they hire don't care about the employees and talk badly about them. They lack communication skills which is vital at a child care center.
fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Pretty much same responsibilities as the other day cares, work place was nice , left for a day care to work closer to home, Was a branch of Wright State University
Pros
Lunch provided, discounts in daycare
position was not for me
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHSeptember 5, 2017
was not fond of provided curriculum and discipline strategies. found to be too structured for teachers with not much freedom to change classroom to the teachers wants and child's needs.
Quality Preschool and Leadership Team
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHAugust 5, 2017
Mini University was an amazing company to work for. The Executive Management team is very knowledgeable about child development and developmentally appropriate practices. A lot of preschools and childcare centers let money drive the quality in their schools, not Mini U. Mini U puts quality first, and allows the quality to drive the enrollment and money in the school. I was challenged in so many positive ways while working at Mini U. I only worked there for about a year and a half as we had to relocate to another state for my husband's job. I will tell you I learned more about running a quality preschool in that year and a half than I had in the 10 years prior working for a corporate chain. I felt so fortunate to be a member of the Mini U team, and would have stayed forever if we hadn't had to move.
Pros
Supportive Leadership
Teahcers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 13, 2017
I loved working with the kids and teaching them what they needed to know in order to succeed in the next lever of education. I love the educational atmosphere.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Was an enjoyable job
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHNovember 3, 2016
Asst, the lead teacher with the daily running of infant/toddler room. Focus was to help the children reach their developmental mile stones. We communicated the needs and concerns we had with the children with their parents.
Fun and exciting place to work!
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 4, 2015
I really enjoyed my experience at Mini University, and it was a pleasant environment to work in. Management was very friendly and supportive to my needs or concerns. My co-workers were very nice and down to earth, which made my experience there enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace, and the most enjoyable part was interacting with the children at the center.
Pros
Self-paced
Cons
Temporary job
Great
Substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHMay 19, 2015
Fun enviroment. Great staff, curriculum and families. The directors were well educated and dedicated to the staff and families of the students.
Educational and intuitive for both the teacher and students.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day of work included getting there by 7am and working on the morning routine of feeding, diapering, and informing children of the days events.
I learned a lot of a child's development and how to make a variety of children interact with each other.
The management was kind and always helpful.
My co-workers were always nice and pushed me in the direction of higher order thought.
The hardest part of the job was to conduct the classroom after meals as there would be different types of feelings such as rambunctiousness and/or tiredness.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to take part in taking care of children of the Dayton community. It was like family.
Pros
Quick on feet and flexible schedule
Educating Young Children
Pre-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 17, 2014
Professionally trained educators demonstrating developmentally appropriate practices and introducing learning experiences based on children's interest.
Pros
Teambuilding, Tuition reimbursement
animals in classroom, animals in hallway for all to see, cooking project for each classroom every Tuesday, work schedule, Christmas break
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day would be making sure that the families and the children felt safe and secure when they left their precious child(ren) in our car. I learned that children are always ready to learn especially when you can incorporate fun into learning and they do not realize they are learning. There was alot of hands-on experiences. I enjoyed the co-workers. We would have classrooms responsible for the team building challenge for each month including the office staff, and adminstrative staff. We also had a cooking project that took place in the classroom and the hallway was always smeling YUm YUM Good!The hardest part about the job was when staff did not show up and working around schedules to try to accomodate everyone while maintaining a safe and secure and fun environment for the children. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationship with fanilies and the community.
Pros
parents coming in to be involved, parents givng materials, parents participation
Cons
being a part of the office staff anf not knowing how to communicate with your staff.