Minimally Invasive Vascular Centers Employee Reviews

Save yourself
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Laurel and BaltimoreNovember 1, 2018
This the worst place I’ve ever worked. I will be leaving once I get a job offer. Overworked, depressing, stressful. Enough said. If only these patients knew what we really go through. Don’t judge a book by its cover. It’s a zero star for me if it an option.
Dysfunctional Workplace
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDOctober 12, 2018
I was an employee here for over a year. It only lasted that long because I was waiting for another opportunity to arise. You are treated with disrespect by the lead surgeon and president/director of the company. They have no consideration for their employees. You will be humiliated and embarrassed publicly. They make you work 10 plus hours every day and they don't pay you overtime. Plus they give you so much work that has nothing to do with your position but they refuse to pay you for the extra load you didn't sign up for. They pretty much don't have any benefits except for medical care, and I was only allowed one week vacation during my time there. Many people leave because of so many wrongdoings.
There is a lot of micromanaging by the lead surgeon and the director. They control anything and everything regardless if you are a doctor, nurse, assistant or front desk. You are required to meet with the owners every evening after work despite how long you worked that day, to give them an overview of your workday. Employees that were chosen to work there do not have a long work history so the owners take advantage of that to do as they please. They can hardly keep their employees anyway. All I can say is good luck if you pick this place.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
no benefits, long hours, no overtime pay, terrible leadership, micromanagement
Not recommended
Vascular Tech (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 21, 2018
The atmosphere in this place is so negative. I don’t suggest this place if you care about your mental well being. There is a lot of bad mouthing, humiliation and disrespect from the leaders of this company to their employees. It’s a private practice so anything goes and the things you’ll witness is shameful. The sad part is the director or physician are the only people you can go to if you have a problem so the bad energy never dissipates and trickles down to staff and the atmosphere. I have never in my life experienced a work environment like this place. The hours are so long and they don’t have consideration for work life balance. There is NO good benefits and people will continue to run away from this place if the leaders don’t humble themselves. I’ve been waiting patiently for my time to leave and I’m finally happy to have found a better opportunity.
Good pay but not worth it
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 14, 2018
If you choose to work here you will soon recognize that it is not your average work environment. The facility is new and nice and the pay is really good but NOT worth it! Be prepared to be a part of the most dysfunctional workplace culture. The employee retention rate is significantly low. Employees leave frequently because of the lack of respect from executives, lack of benefits, very long work hours on a daily basis, no overtime pay, minimal vacation, and a demeaning boss. There is no middle management or human resource department so any issue you may face goes directly to the leaders of the business and they're unfortunately the foundation of this poor culture. You will be pushed and stretched to know pretty much everything regardless of your position and you will likely be subject to embarrassment by the doctor in front of other employees if you don't know your stuff. Be prepared to be given tasks and duties outside your scope which will be classified as "advancement" but they will not compensate you for the work they will overload you with. You will be psychoanalyzed and used by the leaders of the organization. Consider all the bad reviews you see because they are actually true. You will probably see a response to all the bad reviews from the head person in charge shunning the facts but that's just their defense and you will experience it for yourself if you choose to work here.
Pros
Good pay, Nice facility
Cons
Lack of benefits, No overtime, Long hours, Terrible management
Bad Management and Terrible Doctor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 29, 2018
Most employees here are fresh out of school and have never been employed in the health care field. So they have a limited idea of right and wrong and are treated very poorly. By the director, the physician and management. Pay is awesome but not worth the unfortunate atmosphere here. Be prepared to be disrespected and see fraud happen right before your eyes. Patients are lied to about their health and are only seen as dollar signs.
Pros
pay
Official response from Minimally Invasive Vascular Centers
March 6, 2018

This comment is unfounded and obviously from a bitter former employee. MIVC has very strict standards of clinical and behavioral conduct that many people are challenged to meet. There are no employees who are "right out of school" and disrespect is not tolerated. Most importantly there is no fraud or lies to patients. This is a slanderous, libel comment that is not taken lightly. We take great pains to insure that patients are educated about their conditions and conduct a material amount of procedures either at no cost or at a loss. No patient is seen as a dollar sign. Your slanderous comments are unfounded and clearly come from a negative place. Dr. Dormu's reputation in the field of Vascular Surgery is stellar. He is a talented Surgeon with patients who travel from around the world seeking his services. We wish you luck with your professional endeavors. If MIVC was not the place for you, we hope you find an opportunity that meets your standards.

Amazing place to work with great growth potential!!
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MD, Silver Spring, MD, Baltimore, MDJuly 28, 2016
Hard work, enthusiasm, and dedication is expected, but valuable employees are appreciated and well compensated. Management is very nurturing, and greatly supports growth, knowledge and education.
Pros
Great staff, employees, and management
Cons
Very few, but some days can be VERY busy.
Official response from Minimally Invasive Vascular Centers
March 6, 2018

Very caring and knowledgable Surgeon who truly takes the time to educate his patients. Company standards are very high. They clearly run a tight ship.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minimally Invasive Vascular Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

1.6