Miniso

Miniso Employee Reviews

United States101 reviews

storeassociatecorporateregisterretailterriblemanagersale

Fun Place to Work

It’s a fun job for anyone that is in school and works part time. Most of the time, there were many products that were not priced correctly and would change without notice which already shows a lot about organization and upper management.

Horrible upper management

Overworked, underpaid, no work balance as never enough provided hours so constantly asked to cover, yet contracted hours are way too low. Upper management watches you from the cameras at all hours, then uses it against you to your managers. Your managers do not have your back. No one who works here cares about you in the slightest. Promotions promised then taken away without warning. Training is abysmal, basically non existent. You're left on your own on the sales floor for hours at a time whilst management sits in the office and watches you. Any tasks that need doing regularly aren't done unless one person steps up then management wonders why its falling apart.Upper management constantly changing their minds, even on the most basic things such as how they want the stock room organised but if you don't fix it within an hour you're slow and bad at your job.Have heard the area manager threatening to fire people at the drop of a hat over simple mistakes but no actual contructive critism given most of the time.

Pros

25% off

Cons

Management watches on cameras, no real organisation of whats going on. Terrible hours and pay.

Miniso insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Inventory

Nice place to work and co-workers are fun and nice. It's a busy and fast growing company. Upper management was ok at the time I was there. I had good time there!

Used to be fun

I worked here since day 1 of setting up the stores at three different locations. The good things are nice coworkers and manager but the problems is mainly the company’s higher ups. There’s no employee discount and the only reason you can easily grow in the company is because many employees leave. The company is very unorganized and lack communication. Lots of things have been fixed by ourselves because we could not wait any longer for them to send someone to fix. We all currently have an issue with our Area Manager as he is causing a mess behind the scenes. He is that bad that all of us are about to quit. If I got the opportunity to replace him, I would take it. I would recommend working for this as a first job or temporary job for students. The pay for lowest position here used to be $10/hour but it’s $12/hour now as the pay rate. Any position higher is just $2 more like shift leaders are $14/hour.

Ambiente tranquilo

Disfrute mi trabajo, pero no veo oportunidad de crecimiento en el área para el tiempo que trabaje

Productive workplace

It was my first time working in retail, the store was just opening up when I was hired to work there. I worked part-time and thought I would give it a chance.

nice coworkers but bad management

a lot is expected from you, especially with the store being understaffed. nothing is ever good for them and always asking for changes when it's never been taught. To be honest, the job is the most bearable due to the coworkers, but management ruins it.

Pros

nice coworkers

Cons

no discounts, inconsistent hours

A Job That Doesn't Care For You

You'll always be overworked for little pay. You could work elsewhere and get fairly compensated. Absolutely no good benefits even at manager level. My fellow coworkers were extremely kind but it was hard to upkeep the motivation to work. The company does not seem to care at a higher level since they have high demands without care for the reality of the situation. So if you have little staff, it'll be you suffering for their benefit.

Fun with Co-Workers and nice environment to be around but Management can be better.

Job mostly consists of stocking products, changing display when a new item arrives, cashier, cleaning if there's a mess, receiving shipment and stocking the storage room if its full. Overall not as demanding as people would think, but management can expect a lot from you like finishing a display in a certain amount of time.

no employee discount!!!!!!?

The only reason I haven't quit is because I don't want to leave my coworkers. The upper management is kind of shady and not very friendly. The uniform they make you wear is literally so heinous I can't stand it. Also no overtime pay.

do not work here

There is absolutely no structure in this company within the mangers and cooperation.Often worked more than 40 hours a week as a “part time” employee.You will see a lot of employees come and go. The location I worked at wasn’t even a open for a year and had FOUR different GMS. Pay is decent but not worth the stress.

Nonstop useless, demeaning work

I have never worked for a company so dysfunctional before. Besides the cool coworkers, the head management is literally a bunch of kids sent from china hq on tourist visas. If you enjoy low pay, 60 hour work weeks, constant negative reviews from upper management, then this job is for you. There is no work life balance at all. In the corporate level, you will be bothered from upper management from morning until 3am getting constant texts, and weekends as well. You will be forced to do mundane tasks that eventually get scrapped. On the retail side, good luck trying to move up or get more hours. The only extra hours you get are if they ask you to stay longer, and “forget” to pay you. They will even ask you to purchase supplies using your own money, and fight with you when you try to get reimbursed. No 401k, subpar health benefits, and dangerous work conditions. If you are just looking for a paycheck, i really suggest you find something else. Your quality of life will definitely be reduced working here.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Literally everything else

Good to work here if you have nothing going on in your life.

During my employment here, everything was SUPER unorganized and overwhelming. There was a lack of communication with information and scheduling which often led to he said she said. The schedules are made weekly with only a day notice. There's also a lot of obvious favoritism. We were always short staffed with usually two staffs per shift, one usually in the front and one in the back. It was hard working alone running around helping customers, restocking items, fixing/rearranging displays and checking out customers. We weren't allowed to stay in one place and didn't get breaks aside from lunch. It's obvious the people in charge don't care for their workers health, safety and have no empathy for the people working to keep their store afloat. I guess a good thing about that is that I got close with most of my coworkers because we bonded over how management mistreated us. It was always super hot inside the store and in the back room. The backroom was always filled with stacks of boxes literally touching the ceiling because they'd always over order shipments. It was hard to get around and super dangerous. We also don't get employee discount or any benefits. Also there's a lot of cockroaches in the back and the toilet was always broken so that's that LOL

Pros

mall employee discount, play your own music

Cons

no breaks, hot, over worked, bad management

Could probably find somewhere better

AC was broken for almost the entire time I was there - spent most of my shift sweating from heat. No benefits at all. Some coworkers were nice. Managers were hit or miss. Overall I recommend finding somewhere else.

Terrible Management

Felt like the company was making baby steps in the right direction until HQ showed up. They are now making decisions at the expense of the employees benefits and safety.

Good first job but do not stay here for long

It was a good first job, but with high turn over rates and using profits from other stores to make up loss of sales and cutting hours. I don’t see this company being around for much longer. Also do not plan this to be your long term job, look else where. The people over at HQ is a big mess, unrealistic goals and expectations.

Non productive and unprofessional.

Terrible company to work for. Poor management. Poor leadership. Company took 3 months to even get internet service to the store and still never got a printer to print the necessary documents needed for staff. Including schedules. 10/10 would never recommend to anyone! Unless you like to be underplayed and undervalued as a person and manager.

Pros

Not a single pro

Cons

Too many to list.

This company will not last long because Headquarter from China is trying to take control of everything and making unethical decisions.

Headquarters from China is trying to take control of everything without respecting the law. They are made aware of the law but continue disobeying and treating everyone poorly. They are making unethical decisions and ignored legal and HR’s advices. They do not appreciate anyone and demand us to follow their unreasonable rules. High turnover rate within stores and corporate offices. We will not allow headquarter from China to treat us like animals. Headquarter also stopped supplies, snacks, tissues, paper towels and necessities. CHEAP COMPANY.

Demasiado trabajo, mucho estrés, jornada de trabajo excesivas

Todo va en función de si le caes bien a la gerente,si es así el trabajo es menos de lo contrario te dejan todo el trabajo pesado, no respetan la hora de salida,te ponen a hacer montajes de más de una hora 20 min antes de tu salida.

Pros

Los bonos

Cons

Te quedas más tiempo de tu jornada y nisiquiera te lo reponen y si pides días no te los dan.

It's alright.. nothing great.

It's an average job, having to upsell items and customer service is a must. Managers are hit and miss, though most like to micromanage you. As an associate, your job is to stock the sales floor and make sure it is clean.

Management TERRIBLE. I wouldn’t mind working at at fast food place if I was to pick either or.

My review speak for it’s self. Staff has favorites! Overall some were cool to talk just to kill time. I would suggest looking for other options. For example; break room was a mess! No fridge no microwave. Workers were shadowed during the opening for the store. You’ve been warned ;)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miniso. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits