Ministry Brands

Ministry Brands insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great people, really enjoyed working in Accounting and Support

I worked here a few years ago and there are some very kind and good hearted people. There are also folks in upper management that seemed like they lost the sense of the common worker and made more and more thing about the bottom line.

Pros

Excellent PTO

Cons

Healthcare

My coworkers are supportive and fun to work with

There is not typical day at work here at MB. I find that I collaborate with all departments and learn to do new things most every day. Everyone is kind and supportive, it is an overall great place to work.

Pros

Flexibility, work life balance, management

Cons

I can't think of any cons

Flexible work schedule and good culture

Protect My Ministry, Protect Youth Sports, Active Screening and Active Screening Faith are all under the Ministry brands umbrella. The Tampa office has a great culture and provides employees the opportunity to work in a hybrid work environment. The products we offer are top notch and the people are great.

Pros

Hybrid work environment. Great culture.

Great leadership and company culture

I enjoy working at Ministry Brands, especially because they offer remote positions. I feel supported by leadership and collaborate across teams with everyone from executives to customer support reps. Everyone has a seat at the table, collaboration is cultivated, and management cares about employee development and growth. It truly is a company that lives it’s values. The benefits are much better than many companies I’ve worked for and the HR team is a pleasure to communicate with.

Pros

Leadership, culture, employee development, remote work

Cons

A supportive place to work.

Ministry Brands s the best Corp I have worked for. Not only do they trust me to do the job they hired me for, but they also support me in becoming better in my field. While there are many different teams built into this company they all work well with each other and respect each others goals and work.Management is invested in your wellbeing and is there to support you in all you do.

Pros

Encouraging Management, Consistent leadership, Team mentality

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

I’ve enjoyed my time at Ministry Brands. The PTO is generous. There is a good work/life balance. The team I’m on is great! I don’t interact much with upper level management but my supervisors are great. The project management is good and they spread the work out so it’s not too overwhelming.

Pros

Unlimited PTO, good team

Cons

Healthcare for family is pretty expensive

CEO lets his managers do whatever they want and they butt heads and micromanage teams in other departments

This was the worst company to work for from the micromanaging, drama, and complete lack of privacy. Horrible pay, they don't make you feel valuable. Only care about numbers

Pros

snacks

Cons

terrible management, bad pay

Great Leadership Team

I appreciate the authenticity of the entire leadership team from the C-suite leadership to my direct leadership team. I feel very valued as an employee.

Pros

Lots of freedom to work independently but plenty of resources to assist when needed.

High-growth software company with strong leadership and company culture

Ministry Brands is the best place that I've ever worked. My manager truly cares about her team and empowers us to make decisions, encourages us, and provides support when needed. The executive leadership team has an open-door policy and encourages employees to collaborate with them whenever possible. Leadership joins every orientation and provides every employee with their direct contact information, which I've never seen before. Expectations are very reasonable. The PTO policy is open and paid sick and safe leave is very generous for the unplanned events in life. As with any high-growth company, there are challenges associated with acquisitions and growth, but I feel like Ministry Brands handles those challenges really well.

Very good company

I liked the environment when I was there. Being a Christian software company so if you are offended by such things, then it might not be the place for you.

There is no loyalty at all

Management is distrustful and will quickly remove a person for very little reason. Success is not something that is used as a marker for performance. You are only as good as your last sale or movement.

Pros

Not really any

Cons

Terrible management and leadership

Bad management

People treat this place like it's a cult. Management is ridiculously lazy and bereft of empathy. Others could work remotely, but as a temp to hire I was an ouiet.

Fun at First

I enjoy the people in the company. There are constant changes in management, which makes it hard to have a sense of security. The compensation is only good if you are in a management position. There is a constant fear of being fired.

Improv Hour without the Jokes

Wow... where does one begin? MB corporate is the punchline to the bad joke. Problem is, it’s really not funny. These guys are oblivious to what it takes to be a SaaS big boy. If you’re deciding between a park bench and this place, you might just pick the splinters. You can at least pull those out.

Pros

Co-workers were decent

Cons

Lack of strategy, necessary tools, sales discipline, etc.

Venture Crapitalism

I was a part of a smaller, amazing company that was purchased by Ministry Brands, and it was mostly a smooth transition. I still believe that most of the people in upper management had/have good intentions, but we all know where that can lead. I did appreciate their respect for the work/personal life balance. However, after being purchased, became too corporate, more about the bottom line., etc... Didn't feel valued whatsoever by direct management, after helping bring in a lot (millions, that is) of money, and certain rockstar co-workers were let go for idiotic reasons and in the shadiest of ways, while inept yes-persons were kept around. Work quality (ours, that is) went way downhill. Several of my larger clients would ask us "why we now sucked," I kid you not. Lost 401k when absorbed. Watched a Dog get rich off our backs and flaunt it on the gram. People always see. Health benefits were almost non-existent. What's a raise? Yeah, you get the idea...

Pros

Co-workers, Flexibility, Culture at first

Cons

see above

Worst Place to Work

Management is a joke. A bunch of guys that can't get real jobs because they are clueless. Sad really, that they are making money on the backs of believers. Very unorganized, no strategy other than acquire and burn.

What happens when a Christian company goes to the Devil for money

Do not be fooled. This is not a Christian organization. This is a business controlled by private equity firms and set targets. I interviewed and the “Human Resources” assistant told me “Oh you don’t work here because you’re a Christian; those people are never here long.” They want to be great but aren’t ready to be great. They are not ready to implement and execute the strategies necessary to be more. It’s disappointing.

Pros

Nice employees

No work / life balance, horrible management

Ministry Brands has grown exponentially through acquisition. They are now known as Community Brands. The name is ironic because there is very little “Community” between Management and employees. There has been a lot of turnover in upper level management, with very little guidance to functional departments. Ministry Brands needs to work on infrastructure and Management needs to find a way to relate to the employees. When I first started they had 20+ companies. When I left the Company they had over 50. These acquisitions were not necessarily profitable companies. They were purchased to meet acquisition targets set by the outside investment group. You can expect to work long hours with very little guidance from the top. They are trying to keep costs low and therefore employees end up overworked. Management is usually behind closed doors and does not interact with staff. The employees end up feeling isolated and wonder exactly who they are working for.

Pros

Free lunch Friday, Some very nice employees work here

Cons

Long hours, no recognition by management

Toxic culture leads to broken customer experience.

No accountability here - setting expectations and communication are nonexistent. Austerity is preached - since the ROI isn't there for the private equity firm the company is now beholden to. No cost of living increases since metrics weren't hit (which we were never given.) Tools for success are delayed while executives have catered lunches and are put up in hotels for weeks/months at a time. The products are dated and the customer experience is atrocious. Before applying for a customer facing role, check out Facebook, Twitter, Capterra, BBB - They are scrambling to beg for any positive PR as customers have caught wind of their 'strategy' to trick them into being a customer and are growing tired of the product issues which negatively impact their finances. Leaders ranged from unemployed buddy of CEO to a Director with no previous background in the dept and no previous leadership experience running teams of direct reports, all remote and no capacity to coach, engage or offer meaningful feedback. A 'one mission/one-team' message is preached but campuses compete for the same scraps. There are no development opportunities except for a favored few that get to choose their flavor of the quarter role and then move wherever they like. Glassdoor reviews about a lack of diversity meant a slew of unqualified ladies were promoted to prominent token roles that were never opened for tenured employees to vie for, but that's not culture it's window dressing. This company sells to the faith/non-profit sector but it doesn't practice those values to it's customers or employees. If you -

Pros

Very nice 'average working joes.' abound.

Cons

no 401k match, expensive benefits for families, no advancement opportunities, poor leadership, products are not competitive.

Mediocre Products, Employees not valued

This company grew through mergers and acquisitions, not through a great customer experience and great products. Their main source of revenue, giving software, is not innovating and constantly experiencing issues. Just go to Capterra or Facebook or Google and look at the products they sell. All are terribly reviewed for a reason. Managers were never there because of being remote, no opportunities for growth.

Pros

Work/life balance

Cons

Poor leadership, mediocre products

Great product and faith based, just be careful about your faith

Give it a try if you need THAT job NOW. It‘s cutthroat in that unique Southen Baptist manner. Hard to describe but you‘ll know it when you see it. Co-workers are friendly and helpful and your own department leaders are as well. They just get fired, a lot. Heard the term To Many Chiefs and Not Enough Indians? This is it. I‘ve never seen a company with so many Chief Exectives with the same duties. All are right and all are different, so chose wisely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ministry Brands. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6