Minnesota Autism Center Employee Reviews

It was a great place
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 8, 2018
The children really need someone there with a passion for helping children not just to get paid,
They need to train people a little better and not watch threw the glass door it kinda creepy
Fantastic experience, great clients, supportive coworkers and admin team.
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 25, 2018
I could not be more grateful for all the opportunities I've had with this company. I will always recommend them. The team at my center is fantastic. The admin staff are very approachable and they are always willing to help out. 10 out of 10 would recommend this company.
In-Home therapy not reliable
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2018
I was hired FT as an in-home therapist. The progress of the children was great. Their families were often the most challenging part of the job. Also families would drop out of the program and my schedule would change frequently. It was not financially feasible to stay.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Reliable hours/income
greAT
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 5, 2018
it was a great job. ya work with clients using aba therapy. then go home. monthly and weekly meetings. 46-40 hours a week. great pot/sick time accruement.
Horrible.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 26, 2018
If I could give management 0 stars I would. This company is is not fair and management is racist. They don't treat their employees of color fair at all. Despite the horrible management, you create lasting relationship with your co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers and kiddos.
Cons
management.
Not waht I expected
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJanuary 14, 2018
Stressful, Lots of floating, lack of communication with management, have not had a review, still waiting to complete comps for BT 2, a lot of turn around, lack of respect for BT's.
Pros
likeable students
Cons
not enough time for lunch, not enough training, not enough room for growth
Fast Paced
Behavioral Therapist Mental Health Practicioner (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Busy work day/ Lots of changes through out the day. Staff have to be flexible.
working with between 3 to five clients a day sometimes more.
Staff are very friendly and helpful with learning employees.
Take your chance and join an awesome team at MAC many fun times...
Behavorial Thearpist MHP (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 23, 2017
Yes MAC can be stressful at times but think about it.. Don't you have stressful days at most jobs?....MAC has ups and downs but no matter whats going on you can bet that someone is gonna be right their to jump in and help you out give you a break if needed....The teamwork between the coworkers is awesome....You get what you put into it around there basically....so put 100% in and be successful......In regards to the entries about upper management
..they do truly understand life happens ....we are all human and not everyday is perfect....they may look as though they are having a rough day but don't we all at times ..but I have never had a negitive response when I've approached with a question or have gotten bad attitude from a single upper staff.They are always more than willing to answer anything ...
Pros
Always company events, kids are awesome
Cons
it says 8:30 -4:30 on your first day your told your hours are 8:15 to 4:45....
Terrible management
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 4, 2017
I absolutely LOVED my job and all of the children i worked with. Yes, being a behavior therapust was very hard work. It was also the single most rewarding job I ever had, and for that reason alone I stuck around several years. Things went downhill quickly following a significant change in management. The support and involvement the previous management had provided, was no longer there. The environment as a whole had declined, my career that I loved turned into dreaded 'work'. MAC needs to evaluate this issue. You have lost SO MANY dedicated employees because of upper management. It's NOT just that the job is hard. With the right support from leads and other management, the turnover would decrease significantly. Perhaps an ABC sheet should be used to determine the real cause?
Pros
The children are amazing, personally rewarding position
Cons
Management, lack of sensory items for sr+, unclear expectations, different answer from each person for same question
Great place - making a difference in childrens lives
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 11, 2017
Good people working together for the benefit of children with special autism needs. Team building exercises during the year. Corporate support when needed. Multiple locations to benchmark and share ideas.
The reviews say it all...
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 21, 2017
In general, any review with 3 stars or less, are a combination of every poor aspect of my employment there! What a nightmare! I wish them the best....
Pros
Pto
Cons
everything
This is a great place to work if you enjoy autistic children and hard work.
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 17, 2017
MAC is a great place to work if you know what you are doing. Working with autistic children one-on-one is not easy, but it is rewarding and can be fun. Our office manager does a great job of planning fun days for the clients and the staff. The staff is friendly and make the work day go faster by helping each other. This job isn't for everyone, but it is a great job for those who can do it. This job is physically demanding - so if you have any physical limitations don't take a job here.
Pros
lots of laughs, fun people, you don't take work home at the end of the day!
Cons
Physically demanding, emotionally draining, short breaks
Worst job I've ever had
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 7, 2017
I hate to say that this was hands down the worst work experience I've ever had. The training was minimal, the general approach towards treatment was lax, inconsistent and ineffective. Supervisors seemed unhappy/overworked, as did most employees. The best part was coworker BT's who really did know their stuff and were willing to help one another. The worst part was micromanagement of paperwork and other details, passive aggressive and petty superiors, as well as the general lack of communication. There was little emphasis on the greater goal of providing effective therapy for the children. Would not recommend working here unless you already have a background with ABA and challenging behaviors.
Pros
Hiring bonus
Cons
Expensive healthcare, stressful job with little support, cranky and unprofessional superiors
Review
BT (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 23, 2017
not much diversity is there at MAC. Usually they have favoritism, and the work environment is usually negative and not much diversity is appreciated. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the kids and their progress. Advice is to reward people with their hard work. We get underpaid with the work that we do, and dont get 15 minutes paid breaks like other companies. Only a 30 minute paid lunch if we get to eat with the kids if not we have to get a 30 minute unpaid lunch. It's hypocritical that MAC deals with clients from all different backgrounds, but doesnt really represent a diverse workforce.
Pros
kids
Cons
no 15 minute break, low pay for the work we do if we work under a year
For Warning
Manager (Former Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNJuly 19, 2017
I had to give Minnesota Autism Center one star because of what they try to do in helping individuals and families. Beyond the original idea of what the organization is, I would avoid employment with Minnesota Autism Center. Management is not knowledgeable in their areas and nor do they care to learn. Diversity and new ideas need not apply. It's all a front from them until your start your job.
uncaring place to work
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 27, 2017
As a therapist you are not told if your client has had any trauma in their daily life and therefore you are not aware to be on guard. Management does not release any information they feel you don't need to know
Always an environment where it was a challenge to learn more and a pleasure to work with children and parents
Senior Behavioral Therapist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Was in Mpls. When I last worked there.June 17, 2017
I received on the job training in each child's home I did ABA therapy in. The leads were very supportive and well versed in the therapy. The company as a whole was fair to employees and parents alike. It was always a pleasure to go to work!
Pros
Working with the children and parents applying the ABA therapy.
Cons
A lot of driving!
not so great
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 9, 2017
couldn't stand sitting in a tiny cubicle in the summer with one kid for 4 hours then a 30 min break then do it again with another kid. i prefer nature and teaching through play
It's exhausting work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 12, 2017
Working here is exhausting, it truly is. You will get put with the same kid almost every other day and no one really cares. It's always short staff because the turn over rate is so high.
Rewarding Workplace
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNApril 9, 2017
•Specialized in providing both community and clinical based Applied Behavior Analysis services directly to clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder
•Worked to ensure clients received highest quality therapy by training coworkers on programs and individualized needs and behaviors while demonstrating competencies to others
•Delivered and created assigned schedules, conducted behavioral management and reinforcement programming as well as documented and tracked client progressions
•Provided timely input and feedback to supervisors and maintained confidentiality in accordance with all State and Federal guidelines
•Responsible for tracking daily activities and logging hours for management on a daily basis