Minnesota Judicial Branch

Minnesota Judicial Branch Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
This job is very demanding and can be difficult to grasp when first starting. However, you do learn a lot and become much more comfortable with an array of legal areas.
Good place to work, parking is challenging. Stable management culture. Purposeful vision and mission to serve the public. Culture of inclusion and diversity is highly valued.
Great workplace in which much was learned. The workplace was very friendly and inviting. Coming to work was always enjoyable. Never bored at work due to much going on in the courts.
If you like having your emails spell-checked and having to explain being late to work 10 minutes or going over your lunch 15 minutes (as a salaried employee) then this is the place for you.
This is a wonderful group of people and much more relaxed than I had anticipated. Everyone works very hard but also enjoys their job so much that it isn’t stressful.
Pros
Friendly, very knowledgeable group, great benefits and work/life balance.
Cons
None - just a great place to work!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
If you want to absolutely lose your mind working somewhere, this is your place! I was promoted within a few weeks of working then fired shortly after for no apparent reason. The supervisors love to talk bad about your old employers and are extremely arrogant not to mention. The turnover is fairly high (they are always hiring) and if that doesn't tell you something, I don't know what will.
Staff are great, but senior leaders are out for themselves. Culture lacks transparency and trust. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out what is expected of you.
Pros
benefits, time off, flexible work
Cons
culture
There is plenty of work to do with a very supportive group of employees.
Plenty of help is given if you ask for it and normally the help is very good and accurate in overcoming difficulties.
Pros
Quiet working conditions.
Cons
Short breaks
Great pay if you have the skills and languages they want!

I have enjoyed taking my Japanese to a level where I can make up to $42 an hour being a tool and service of the language.
A stronger, more 'in-charge' leadership needs to be put in place. The culture is toxic as the managers don't lead their respective areas. A few departments carry the whole organization.
Pros
quiet work environment
Cons
People don't follow through with their responsibilities
The job was easy.
There was no consistency on how tasks were performed.

Culture was difficult, Senior workers were controlling weak management.

Very little coaching for onboarding.

It was a rotating door as far as hiring.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Weak Management, Gossip
You won't regret working here. This is the best decision you could make. Bonus...plenty of opportunities to move up (although it's not always too easy...but at least the chance is there).
The supervisors don't seem to care about employees actual work experience. They care only about performance and productivity. This causes employees to feel unimportant.
Awful management. Unfair treatment. No trust. No understanding. Uptight and inflexible. Tone deaf about the needs and emotions of their employees.
This was such a rewarding place to be a spokeperson through the court system for youth that need a voice that is at the best interest for them and to show them you care.
Pros
I won my for case
Cons
Not everyone cares
Slow-paced, very little project movement, red tape and legalities everywhere, not enough work for my intended hiring position. It allowed me very little flexibility to expand my skills due to "no budget", was promised required infrastructure would be in place for me to do my job and the project was postponed, giving me little to fill 40 hour weeks.
Couldn't have lucked out more. Fantastic place to work. I have learned much about legal practice from reading all submissions and drafting orders. The work is plentiful, rewarding and enjoyable.
Cons
I took out court ordered community service crews from Judge Bush. His former staff hated him. He believes in public humiliation rather than discussing any issues personally. Being the Judge, he feels entitled to do that. If that is the work atmosphere you like, this is the job for you!
Pros
Staff other than the judge is good.
Cons
Judge Bush will not give you feedback until he wants to demean you.
Worked here for over 13 years and the job was amazing. Coming to work was easy and people loved the job. Family was important and we always celebrated one another.
Pros
Work hours and work life balance
Cons
I relocated
Really great exposure to all sorts of court procedures and substantive areas of law. The work life balance is great. The benefits are great. The judge I clerk for is great. The only downside would be that this is not a permanent position and there is not much room for advancement.
I enjoyed working for the Minnesota Courts. I got a chance to craft judicial opinions in a wide variety of legal areas. The environment was universally friendly and welcoming.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota Judicial Branch. Our community is ready to answer.