Minnesota State University Employee Reviews

State University
Student Relations Coordinator & Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNMay 11, 2018
8-10 hour days assisting students with discovering their full potential personally and professionally. I work for the College of Education and love my job because of the relationships I get to build with students and the variety of issues I get to address with them. The College of Education workplace is awesome but the University workplace can be challenging. The hardest part of the job is knowing that students need assistance and not being able to get them what they need. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching students mature and develop through the student cycle from freshman to graduation.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
University bureaucracy
Wonderful Work Environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 23, 2018
I love working at Mnsu! the staff is great, there's no shortage of things to do, and I can still be creative in my work. The only complaint is that the pay is a little low (would love to see it at 10-11 dollars an hour) but otherwise I love everything about my job.
Pros
Kind staff, good variation of tasks
Productive and Energetic workplace
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 20, 2018
A typical day is looking a checklist to see what tasks need to be done depending on if you are working in the morning or afternoon. You often have to work different projects at once and be able to handle that.
Pros
Friendly managers
Cons
short breaks
Lab Tech
Plant Physiology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 10, 2018
I worked in the lab for two professors during college and loved it! The professors are great about allowing you to be hands on and helping out on research projects to further your interest in the field you are working in.
it is productive
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 1, 2018
There s cultural diversity at Minnesota state university and the institution is very welcoming. A typical day is usually cool. The management is good.
It was fine
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 16, 2018
It was fine. Adjunct work is great. Pay/benefits questions really don't apply to this job. Over all the students were respectful, coworkers easy to work with.
Great environment for learning
Grader- Tutor- Learning assistant (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMarch 12, 2018
Great environment to learn. Teachers are nice and helpful. These jobs helped me improve myself as well as others. Management is great, and there was no hard part with this job.
good
Offensive Lineman-Scholarship Athlete (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 27, 2018
ahead regarding their summer and fall schedules. Each semester advisors reach out to faculty who teach courses that are likely to have first year students in order to help introduce our services and
productive workplace
Mathematic and Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 18, 2018
it was really good time for me to do work for students with teaching mathematics and statistics even if I got paid less. At the workplace, a lot of students stopped by our place and ask us for any materials and concepts of mathematics and statistics.
I could learn how to teach mathematics and statistic to students well.
Pros
free to work
Cons
nothing
Good
Tour guide, recruiter, tutor, and mentor (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNFebruary 5, 2018
It was a good work place with good people. Nothing to worry about and you just have to give tours and work with students. Not too much to worry but just graduate and work hard.
Pros
Time, lenient, good boss
Cons
More than a summer job! Fun and growth are found here.
Copy Shop Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56001January 24, 2018
I worked as and Orientation Peer Assistant for 2 years and then a Student Coordinator for a season. I loved the speed of the day to day life, it never was exactly the same. The staff was bonded to the point that we called one another family and spent extra time outside of work together. I learned a lot about myself as a leader, I gained skills in public speaking, communication, time management, organization, planning programs and more. I loved working with the students and their guests as they begin their new journey into MSU. I would highly recommend anyone to this great atmosphere.
Research Intern/Technician
Mankato Student/Industry Design Projects (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 18, 2018
This position is intended to provide engineering students the ability to continue on a research project with minimal interruptions. That was accomplished with no facilities for a shop equipped with the proper tools and equipment to efficiently conduct basic mechanical maintenance and repair. Independent work and initiative a must.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Pay
Competitive, fast-paced athletic office
Marketing & Promotions Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 11, 2018
Minnesota State Athletics was a great place to work and a great stepping stone in my advancement as a sports management professional. I look forward to using what I've learned to grow both personally and professionally.
Perfect position for a student at MSU, M
Student Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 9, 2018
I was so fortunate to be hired as a student in the payroll department at Minnesota State University, Mankato. They were flexible with my class schedule.
Fun, interesting
Lab Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNDecember 16, 2017
This was a great job for a student. Flexible hours, interesting work and great co-workers. I learned many things that I have been able to apply to other jobs.
Minnesota State University
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 31, 2017
Minnesota State University does not care about student or workers problems. They do not teach you what it is needed in the real world. You guys can apply if you want.
Pros
Cons
Don't care about your personal problems
Productive and relaxing
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 26, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of answering phones call, students and visitor questions. Direct directions to students and visitors to location in and off campus,
Basic student worker experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  archivesSeptember 20, 2017
Worked with databases, archives, peers. Positive work environment and I was satisfied with my work but it was just what you would expect as a work-study grant job: mostly repetitive, dull work that no one really likes to do, but someone's got to do it. On-the-job training, flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
dull work
Teaching Assistant
Graduate Researcher & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 19, 2017
Worked as a teaching assistant. Positive experience.
+ Tuition Assistance
+ Fulfilling to help undergraduate students learn
+ Good work/life/school balance
Very Enjoyable Place to work
Water Resources Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 17, 2017
I have learned a lot of my communication and time management skills from this job and have applied it across every job that I have worked. I am so grateful to have worked here.
Pros
Free Lunches