Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Employee Reviews

A chance to change people's lives!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 28, 2018
Medifast is truly a wonderful company to work for. For one, each day you get the opportunity to meet with a variety of people, and support them in changing their lives for the better! What could be better then that? Watching people transform inside and out as they work toward their goal is truly inspiring. Secondly, the staff consists of wonderful men and women. The training, support, and respect you receive from your fellow co-workers and management team, is not only thorough and reliable, but truly authentic. If you are passionate about nutrition, helping others, and overall health and wellness, consider Medifast.
Low pay for the amount of daily work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2018
High employee turnover due to low pay. Employees are expected to do the work of several people yet the pay is very low for the type of work and cost of living standards. Not many promotion opportunities either.
Being at Medifast I was able to interact daily with different clients that wanted to have a support system to help motivate them to lose weight.
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Every day I would wake very excited to go to work in an environment where I felt relaxed and welcomed. I know that this job has truly been a rewarding experience for me. For I became am a part of someone else's journey towards being the best version of themselves.
no longer around
District Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 23, 2018
Business plan was terrible and expenses were outrageous. I saw the writing on the wall and was able to get out before closing all the centers. Program works as I was able to lose 40 lbs.
Great place to start a career in the weightloss industry
Center Manager / FSSS (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 16, 2017
Received great experience managing facility and counselors. Had constant communication with the managers and districts on better practices and how to increase traffic.
Medifast provides a safe place for members
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 14, 2017
I stayed 8 years...it was a great company to work for and members were taken care of by qualified staff. As employees working for Medifast Corporate we were taken care of with benefits and compensation for growing the business.
N/a
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2017
The company is now defunct. They were a weight loss supplement company based upon meal replacement plans. The customers were good and so was the facilities
DFW Area Manager
DFW Area Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXJune 5, 2017
Love my job and the company! The weight control centers made some bad decisions and the center are now closed and I no longer have a job. But great weight loss program!
Medifast Review
Consultant (Former Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part about this job was our clientele. I got to meet a lot of different people and it was very rewarding to see them succeed. I also liked getting paid a base wage and made commission on sales. My daily duties varied from day to day based on the needs of the office. I was able to learn multiple skills in marketing, sales, and office administration.
Pros
Customer interactions
Loved this job!!!!
Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 7, 2016
Awesome place to work. No micromanaging, free to make my own decisions about things. Pay and benefits were great! Co workers we the best in the business!
Wonderful and Rewarding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAAugust 29, 2016
I have worked for Medifast California for almost two years. It has been a wonderful and rewarding career path. The company provides constant encouragement and developmental trainings. Your managers work for you and want to help you progress and grow if you wish to do so.

Every Medifast California Center sees many clients throughout the day and the management recognizes that in order for counselors to best serve their clients, that they need to assure the counselors are always working on developing their skills. They want you to succeed! As you move higher within the company they continue to provide you with situational leadership training and support.

The most enjoyable part of our job is seeing the life changes that happen for our clients. You are able to combine your passion for nutrition with your passion for helping people. Our work environment is very collaborative and supportive which allows us to benefit our clients lives. I always look forward to going to work and seeing the success that the day holds in store.
Pros
Primary Health Care, Personal Growth, Positive Work Environment, Rewards and Bonuses
Cons
No Vision, No Dental, Low Initial Base Pay
Helping people hit their weight loss goals.
Certified Counselor (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 11, 2016
The counselor is the principle interface with patients and works within the medical weight loss protocol. As a result, this will determine whether or not the patient believes in and completes the program. Duties include updating and maintaining the patient charts, manages patient compliance, motivates patients, maintains weekly communication with patients, understands and provides superb patient service, educates patients in the science of weight loss, and prepares required reports and performs administrative duties.
Purpose, Professional Passion, Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration, Relationship
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 9, 2016
Medifast Roseville has been home to me for the nearly four years. During that time, I have found my work to be rewarding, joyful and challenging. The Senior Management team is incredibly supportive and believe in growing employees and promoting from within the company.
It's been my pleasure to help clients make the first step in their weight loss journey. If you are someone who loves helping people and celebrating those successes on a daily basis and would love to work with like-minded people, this is an amazing company to work for. Medifast believes in helping each employee reach his/her full potential through a supportive leadership style.
My staff is an amazing group of people that put their educational background in Nutrition and their passion into play with each and every client supporting them every step of the way.
Every day I show up at the Roseville Center looking forward to helping client and staff change lives.
Pros
Growth, Personal Fulfillment, working with high quality staff, varied work hours.
Cons
Lead Certified Weight Control Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 16, 2016
Low pay and commission based but if you feel passionate about helping people change their lives this is the best place to work. You get to work one on one with clients to teach them how to eat healthier.
Great Job but terrible compensation
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 6, 2016
It is a great job, very rewarding. Good for someone fresh out of college. Pay isn't great for amount of work you do. Days off are not together and schedule makes it hard to take care of personal life responsibilities and wants.
Pros
rewarding environment with great co-workers
Cons
days off not together, difficult schedule
Workplace
Senior District Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work until they closed operations. Going virtual has been a hindrance and TSFL doesn't give the one on one that members need
Pros
Gratifying
Cons
Room for growth
Constant change
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 8, 2015
There was a lot of down time nearly everyday. The pay was decent for the work to accomplish. The roles of your job changed monthly, management change often and eventually the company closed. I loved coaching others and motivating them to lead a healthier lifestyle. I learned a lot in the management position while working here.
Productive and fun work environment
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 13, 2015
Very easy environment to work in, coworkers and clients are great. It taught me a lot for my first job outside of college and allowed me to progress as a person, and to use my degree to counsel people through weight loss.
Pros
Good culture, well designed program, good work environment and structure
Cons
Hours, Schedule, No weekends off or 2 days in a row off, inconsistent hours daily, pay rate, periods of pay increase, no benefits for vision and dental, open on most holidays
Productive and rewarding.
Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg,MarylandFebruary 2, 2015
Medifast was one of the most rewarding job I have ever had.
There are very few job opportunities where you are able to truly make a difference in people's lives.
I really really enjoyed my work and it gave me great pleasure to help my clients stay motivated and committed in their weight loss journey and I also got to experience the changes it made on their health.
Great group of people changing lives and fighting the obesity epidemic daily.
Assistant Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 17, 2014
Typical day includes doing food weightloss counseling, consults for membership sales and administrative duties. I learned to multitask and give the best products by listening to member and learning about the products. The management is good. They support employees by offering frequent training and quality control. The best part of my work day are my awesome coworkers then the great members we serve. The hardest part of the job are the many rules and logging of tasks done. The most enjoyable is seeing members lives changed.

• Ensure all protocols, processes and operating systems in the areas of membership sales, retention, customer service, and center operations are properly deployed and optimized.
• Ensure all accounting procedures are followed and the daily deposit is made.
• Conduct Weight Loss and Health Profiles with prospective members, assessing and recommending personalized weight loss programs to optimize enrollment of new members.
• Conduct weekly member counseling sessions in order to measure progress and review member visits on an as need basis. Ensure members are held to the standards and requirements of their program in order to ensure compliance.
• Develop and execute a monthly grass roots marketing plan working with members of the team in order to increase efficiency in execution.
• Coach staff on performance and professional development, holding all employees to the highest standards of accountability and operational excellence.
• Champion and implement change in order to further enhance center performance and member service.
• Implement and foster
  more... a culture of customer delight in order to maximize member retention and referrals.
• Act as a role model for healthy eating habits and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the Company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Job Title