Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Employee Reviews for Center Manager

Great place to start a career in the weightloss industry
Center Manager / FSSS (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCOctober 16, 2017
Received great experience managing facility and counselors. Had constant communication with the managers and districts on better practices and how to increase traffic.
N/a
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2017
The company is now defunct. They were a weight loss supplement company based upon meal replacement plans. The customers were good and so was the facilities
Loved this job!!!!
Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 7, 2016
Awesome place to work. No micromanaging, free to make my own decisions about things. Pay and benefits were great! Co workers we the best in the business!
Cons
Purpose, Professional Passion, Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration, Relationship
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 9, 2016
Medifast Roseville has been home to me for the nearly four years. During that time, I have found my work to be rewarding, joyful and challenging. The Senior Management team is incredibly supportive and believe in growing employees and promoting from within the company.
It's been my pleasure to help clients make the first step in their weight loss journey. If you are someone who loves helping people and celebrating those successes on a daily basis and would love to work with like-minded people, this is an amazing company to work for. Medifast believes in helping each employee reach his/her full potential through a supportive leadership style.
My staff is an amazing group of people that put their educational background in Nutrition and their passion into play with each and every client supporting them every step of the way.
Every day I show up at the Roseville Center looking forward to helping client and staff change lives.
Pros
Growth, Personal Fulfillment, working with high quality staff, varied work hours.
Productive and rewarding.
Center Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg,MarylandFebruary 2, 2015
Medifast was one of the most rewarding job I have ever had.
There are very few job opportunities where you are able to truly make a difference in people's lives.
I really really enjoyed my work and it gave me great pleasure to help my clients stay motivated and committed in their weight loss journey and I also got to experience the changes it made on their health.
Great group of people changing lives and fighting the obesity epidemic daily.
Assistant Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 17, 2014
Typical day includes doing food weightloss counseling, consults for membership sales and administrative duties. I learned to multitask and give the best products by listening to member and learning about the products. The management is good. They support employees by offering frequent training and quality control. The best part of my work day are my awesome coworkers then the great members we serve. The hardest part of the job are the many rules and logging of tasks done. The most enjoyable is seeing members lives changed.

• Ensure all protocols, processes and operating systems in the areas of membership sales, retention, customer service, and center operations are properly deployed and optimized.
• Ensure all accounting procedures are followed and the daily deposit is made.
• Conduct Weight Loss and Health Profiles with prospective members, assessing and recommending personalized weight loss programs to optimize enrollment of new members.
• Conduct weekly member counseling sessions in order to measure progress and review member visits on an as need basis. Ensure members are held to the standards and requirements of their program in order to ensure compliance.
• Develop and execute a monthly grass roots marketing plan working with members of the team in order to increase efficiency in execution.
• Coach staff on performance and professional development, holding all employees to the highest standards of accountability and operational excellence.
• Champion and implement change in order to further enhance center performance and member service.
• Implement and foster
  more... a culture of customer delight in order to maximize member retention and referrals.
• Act as a role model for healthy eating habits and maintaining a healthy lifestyle in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the Company.
Medifast offers a wonderful weight loss and maintenance program.
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 29, 2014
The best part about my current position at Medifast is walking alongside individuals who have made a decision to adopt a healthier lifestyle. I feel privileged to be a part of their journey and to assist them along the way. Seeing their transformation, as well as the happiness that health and wellness can produce is incredibly rewarding.
Micro-managed to infintium and beyond
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 15, 2014
Opened the Center at 8:00am and closed at 7:00 or 8:00pm
Obesity is a mental illness as well as a gross handicap in life.
My co-workers were my heros.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours and unpredictable periods of sales activity.
The best part of the job was when the day was over and watching members achieve their goals. The members worked so hard and were truly physically transformed.
Pros
Selling our product which worked!
Cons
Micro-managed with lots of reports which were duplicates of other reports.
Wasn't there long but good overall
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2014
I didn't like being stuck behind a cubicle all day but overall it was good. I didn't really get much direction from management.
Rewarding Job in terms of helping people
Center Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2013
Medifast can be very rewarding when you do have Members to meet with and help reach their goals. In newer Centers, there can be a lot of down time. During this down time, Upper Management would like you to continuously call "Leads" to get them to join. I don't mind following up with potential Members but in my opinion, it borders on harassment.
Coming from a large company like Enterprise, Medifast was a nice change of pace at first but the lack of leadership and experience from Upper Management can be frustrating at times.
All in all, Medifast can be a great place to work but if you are looking for a company to grow with and to have a challenging job, it may not be a fit.
Rewarding job culture with a program that helps people.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2013
Enjoyable position in relation to field work. Management has seemed to have a plan that is undefined at time. I enjoyed helping members reach their health goals and change their lives. The hardest part of the job is the state of constant change in marketing efforts and special promotions.
Pros
Working with members was very rewarding.
Cons
Late hours and lack of supervisor support.
Great Work Enviorment
CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2013
Fulfilling work environment where you can really see the results of a healthy lifestyle positively impacting our members.
Decent Place to work very poor work life balance
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 13, 2013
Typical day of work involves calling new leads and selling memberships. I learned the importance of being prepared and whether it be working longer hours or with the lack of staff. Management is ok. I do however disagree with the new hours. We are only off on Wednesdays and Sundays. If you want to be off on a Saturday you have to use your own personal time. Co-workers are good, there are just as frustrated with the lack of work life balance and the high turnover and being short staffed. The hardest part of my job is trying to convince my staff to be happy about the current situation when it is so hard for me to have any balance of my own. I find myself working even more hours just to give them some sort of balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
helping people achieve success
Cons
no work life balance and terrible hours
Rewarding job
Center Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 18, 2012
I enjoy working with individuals and helping them with the special needs that they had.
The core values of the company were no longer being upheld as they were when I began with the company 5 years ago. The hardest part of the job was working for upper management who didn't respect us as employees and still trying to stay positive and upbeat for our members
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
disrespectful upper management

See more Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers reviews

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Job Title

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Location