Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Employee Reviews for Counselor

Being at Medifast I was able to interact daily with different clients that wanted to have a support system to help motivate them to lose weight.
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Every day I would wake very excited to go to work in an environment where I felt relaxed and welcomed. I know that this job has truly been a rewarding experience for me. For I became am a part of someone else's journey towards being the best version of themselves.
Great Job but terrible compensation
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 6, 2016
It is a great job, very rewarding. Good for someone fresh out of college. Pay isn't great for amount of work you do. Days off are not together and schedule makes it hard to take care of personal life responsibilities and wants.
Pros
rewarding environment with great co-workers
Cons
days off not together, difficult schedule
Productive and fun work environment
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 13, 2015
Very easy environment to work in, coworkers and clients are great. It taught me a lot for my first job outside of college and allowed me to progress as a person, and to use my degree to counsel people through weight loss.
Pros
Good culture, well designed program, good work environment and structure
Cons
Hours, Schedule, No weekends off or 2 days in a row off, inconsistent hours daily, pay rate, periods of pay increase, no benefits for vision and dental, open on most holidays
great place to work i you want to help people
counselor (Current Employee) –  old millsAugust 5, 2014
Good, long hours during the week, but you do get off early Friday and saturday, but you work really early on half days. Only way to advance in the company is if someone above you is let go or you brown nose management, hourly rate is too low but you get some compensation due to commission plus hourly pay. Best part is being able to help people change their lives.
Pros
Educating and meeting client goals, hourly rate plus commissions
Cons
entry hourly rate is low, as you move up, you don't get compensated nearly enough for extra work
Great for entry level nutrition graduates but not good for the long term.
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2014
Medifast is a great learning experience for those looking to enter into the nutrition or counseling fields. It provides hand on experience working one on one with people and that is definitely and invaluable experience. However the company does not treat employees very well. Compensation and benefits are minimal and the time requirements are extensive. Overall it's great for those just starting off in the field, but be careful if you stay too long you will find yourself burnt out and exhausted.
Pros
working one on one with people
Cons
management, compensation, hours worked
A Sinking Ship
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2013
While my coworkers and immediate manager were fantastic, the leadership beyond the center is failing miserably. We are inundated with paperwork- mountains of charts and forms and files.The commission scale is an insult, there are no bonuses, yet we are pressured to sell in order to make the guys in Maryland look good. The worst part of the experience is that it's a culture of silence. Speaking out got me in trouble several times. Even when I had a suggestion for improvement, I was reprimanded by the district manager.
Pros
The immediate staff I worked with- they are awesome people.
Cons
The company, no room for growth, no room for raises, no comission pay, poor upper leadership
I would not recommend this company to anyone; poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 30, 2013
I worked for this company for less than a year. Having already put in my time with a career I was looking for something where I could give back.
The best part of the job is: The clients are wonderful! The management is another story. Minnetonka Medifast has one goal and that is to have 1000 active paying members per month. Great goal! But the human resource director as well as the managing director at the location are way over the top regarding productivity and selling memberships. I learned that it really wasn't about the client as much as it was about memberships.

A typical day is seeing a client every 15 minutes and if you do not keep your CPH (clients per hour) at that level you are let go. I think the hardest part of the job is keeping a 15 minute consultation. Management will not give you a consistent schedule so that you can plan for your personal life and family. There is no balance at this location. If the Director had a sense of balance I think the Center would be wonderful. But when you can not plan for an event or a hair appointment it's very frustrating.
I have to say the other counselors were all there for the right reasons: to help people. All the staff there is very frustrated with no outlet for requesting change. HR Director and Managing Director are too close and instead of handling problems professionally they terminate them.
The counselors are a great group of people helping people, just very poor management.
Pros
staff can purchase product at 50% off retail
Cons
No balance poor management

See more Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers reviews

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Job Title

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Location