Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers

View all Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers reviews

I would not recommend this company to anyone; poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 30, 2013
I worked for this company for less than a year. Having already put in my time with a career I was looking for something where I could give back.
The best part of the job is: The clients are wonderful! The management is another story. Minnetonka Medifast has one goal and that is to have 1000 active paying members per month. Great goal! But the human resource director as well as the managing director at the location are way over the top regarding productivity and selling memberships. I learned that it really wasn't about the client as much as it was about memberships.

A typical day is seeing a client every 15 minutes and if you do not keep your CPH (clients per hour) at that level you are let go. I think the hardest part of the job is keeping a 15 minute consultation. Management will not give you a consistent schedule so that you can plan for your personal life and family. There is no balance at this location. If the Director had a sense of balance I think the Center would be wonderful. But when you can not plan for an event or a hair appointment it's very frustrating.
I have to say the other counselors were all there for the right reasons: to help people. All the staff there is very frustrated with no outlet for requesting change. HR Director and Managing Director are too close and instead of handling problems professionally they terminate them.
The counselors are a great group of people helping people, just very poor management.
Pros
staff can purchase product at 50% off retail
Cons
No balance poor management

Other Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Employee Reviews

A chance to change people's lives!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 28, 2018
Medifast is truly a wonderful company to work for. For one, each day you get the opportunity to meet with a variety of people, and support them in changing their lives for the better! What could be better then that? Watching people transform inside and out as they work toward their goal is truly inspiring. Secondly, the staff consists of wonderful men and women. The training, support, and respect you receive from your fellow co-workers and management team, is not only thorough and reliable, but truly authentic. If you are passionate about nutrition, helping others, and overall health and wellness, consider Medifast.
Low pay for the amount of daily work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2018
High employee turnover due to low pay. Employees are expected to do the work of several people yet the pay is very low for the type of work and cost of living standards. Not many promotion opportunities either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Job Title