Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Employee Reviews

Rewarding position, with a pleasant work environment
Senior Assistant Manager/Operations Trainer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 7, 2014
In a typical day, I work in a fast paced environment interfacing with both clients, management and staff. I have developed stronger training and development skills, as well as becoming stronger in counseling and management of both process and staff. The environment is very cohesive and all staff work together to accomplish goals and tasks. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of this job go hand in hand. This is working with the clients, it can be extremely rewarding to help clients through this process, but also very difficult. It can be fairly emotionally draining when working with clients through the process of weight loss.
Awsome Work/ Learning Environment
Nutrition Counselor/ Center Manager (Former Employee) –  DFWAugust 12, 2014
Hours are awesome , New knowledge every week, plus the option to advance in the company!
great place to work i you want to help people
counselor (Current Employee) –  old millsAugust 5, 2014
Good, long hours during the week, but you do get off early Friday and saturday, but you work really early on half days. Only way to advance in the company is if someone above you is let go or you brown nose management, hourly rate is too low but you get some compensation due to commission plus hourly pay. Best part is being able to help people change their lives.
Pros
Educating and meeting client goals, hourly rate plus commissions
Cons
entry hourly rate is low, as you move up, you don't get compensated nearly enough for extra work
Medifast offers a wonderful weight loss and maintenance program.
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 29, 2014
The best part about my current position at Medifast is walking alongside individuals who have made a decision to adopt a healthier lifestyle. I feel privileged to be a part of their journey and to assist them along the way. Seeing their transformation, as well as the happiness that health and wellness can produce is incredibly rewarding.
Micro-managed to infintium and beyond
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 15, 2014
Opened the Center at 8:00am and closed at 7:00 or 8:00pm
Obesity is a mental illness as well as a gross handicap in life.
My co-workers were my heros.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours and unpredictable periods of sales activity.
The best part of the job was when the day was over and watching members achieve their goals. The members worked so hard and were truly physically transformed.
Pros
Selling our product which worked!
Cons
Micro-managed with lots of reports which were duplicates of other reports.
Great place to feel good about what you do and decent potential for big commissions.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2014
This company highly invests in its employees, however, the hours can be long and the pressure to perform is very high. Very little time to get your job completed in a 40 hr work week.
Pros
Good income and a feel-good profession.
Cons
Long hours, high stress.
Great for entry level nutrition graduates but not good for the long term.
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 8, 2014
Medifast is a great learning experience for those looking to enter into the nutrition or counseling fields. It provides hand on experience working one on one with people and that is definitely and invaluable experience. However the company does not treat employees very well. Compensation and benefits are minimal and the time requirements are extensive. Overall it's great for those just starting off in the field, but be careful if you stay too long you will find yourself burnt out and exhausted.
Pros
working one on one with people
Cons
management, compensation, hours worked
Wasn't there long but good overall
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2014
I didn't like being stuck behind a cubicle all day but overall it was good. I didn't really get much direction from management.
A Sinking Ship
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2013
While my coworkers and immediate manager were fantastic, the leadership beyond the center is failing miserably. We are inundated with paperwork- mountains of charts and forms and files.The commission scale is an insult, there are no bonuses, yet we are pressured to sell in order to make the guys in Maryland look good. The worst part of the experience is that it's a culture of silence. Speaking out got me in trouble several times. Even when I had a suggestion for improvement, I was reprimanded by the district manager.
Pros
The immediate staff I worked with- they are awesome people.
Cons
The company, no room for growth, no room for raises, no comission pay, poor upper leadership
Rewarding Job in terms of helping people
Center Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 19, 2013
Medifast can be very rewarding when you do have Members to meet with and help reach their goals. In newer Centers, there can be a lot of down time. During this down time, Upper Management would like you to continuously call "Leads" to get them to join. I don't mind following up with potential Members but in my opinion, it borders on harassment.
Coming from a large company like Enterprise, Medifast was a nice change of pace at first but the lack of leadership and experience from Upper Management can be frustrating at times.
All in all, Medifast can be a great place to work but if you are looking for a company to grow with and to have a challenging job, it may not be a fit.
Constant change with little or no warning
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2013
Management, just like everything else with this company is always changing. There is a revolving door for any and all employees. This company in no way values its employees. The commission structure is a joke, most times it's barely enough for a full tank of gas.
Rewarding job culture with a program that helps people.
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2013
Enjoyable position in relation to field work. Management has seemed to have a plan that is undefined at time. I enjoyed helping members reach their health goals and change their lives. The hardest part of the job is the state of constant change in marketing efforts and special promotions.
Pros
Working with members was very rewarding.
Cons
Late hours and lack of supervisor support.
Great work environment
SENIOR NUTRITION COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 28, 2013
I really liked the people I worked with, and the workplace was fun. Advancement was possible but not guaranteed.
Pros
Coworkers, Convienent locations, Team building activities
Cons
Little compensation, worked weekends, raises not given
Great Work Enviorment
CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2013
Fulfilling work environment where you can really see the results of a healthy lifestyle positively impacting our members.
I would not recommend this company to anyone; poor management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 30, 2013
I worked for this company for less than a year. Having already put in my time with a career I was looking for something where I could give back.
The best part of the job is: The clients are wonderful! The management is another story. Minnetonka Medifast has one goal and that is to have 1000 active paying members per month. Great goal! But the human resource director as well as the managing director at the location are way over the top regarding productivity and selling memberships. I learned that it really wasn't about the client as much as it was about memberships.

A typical day is seeing a client every 15 minutes and if you do not keep your CPH (clients per hour) at that level you are let go. I think the hardest part of the job is keeping a 15 minute consultation. Management will not give you a consistent schedule so that you can plan for your personal life and family. There is no balance at this location. If the Director had a sense of balance I think the Center would be wonderful. But when you can not plan for an event or a hair appointment it's very frustrating.
I have to say the other counselors were all there for the right reasons: to help people. All the staff there is very frustrated with no outlet for requesting change. HR Director and Managing Director are too close and instead of handling problems professionally they terminate them.
The counselors are a great group of people helping people, just very poor management.
Pros
staff can purchase product at 50% off retail
Cons
No balance poor management
Does Not Meet My Needs
Senior Nutrition Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXMarch 14, 2013
I have been working for this company for almost two years. A typical day consist of seeing members and calling, emailing, and mailing inactive members to persuay them to make an appointment. I have learned that this company changes too much in a small amount of time. The hardest part of my job is trying to convince members who have not been to the center in awhile to come in and make an appointment and buy our product. Most enjoyable is going home honestly. I have lost my enthusiasm for this job.
Pros
compensation is fair
Cons
company shows favor to centers that make more money and no support for the centers that need help.
Decent Place to work very poor work life balance
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 13, 2013
Typical day of work involves calling new leads and selling memberships. I learned the importance of being prepared and whether it be working longer hours or with the lack of staff. Management is ok. I do however disagree with the new hours. We are only off on Wednesdays and Sundays. If you want to be off on a Saturday you have to use your own personal time. Co-workers are good, there are just as frustrated with the lack of work life balance and the high turnover and being short staffed. The hardest part of my job is trying to convince my staff to be happy about the current situation when it is so hard for me to have any balance of my own. I find myself working even more hours just to give them some sort of balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people.
Pros
helping people achieve success
Cons
no work life balance and terrible hours
Rewarding job
Center Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 18, 2012
I enjoy working with individuals and helping them with the special needs that they had.
The core values of the company were no longer being upheld as they were when I began with the company 5 years ago. The hardest part of the job was working for upper management who didn't respect us as employees and still trying to stay positive and upbeat for our members
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
disrespectful upper management
Weight Control that is safe and effective
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2012
Making a difference in the lives of others. Team of 3. Learning how to counsel others on behavior modification and weight control. Work can be slow at times and hectic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Minnesota Weight Control Centers Inc., dba Medifast Weight Control Centers Reviews by Job Title