Minnwest Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Branch culture
Personal Banker II / MLO (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 7, 2018
The branch level culture and professionalism was good but the over arching management was stale and outdated. Overly dependent on compliance personal who didn’t communicate well with branch’s. The bank thought of itself as a modern bank but in reality was still stuck in the 1990s with both technology and services.
Great friendly environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Montevideo, MNJune 6, 2018
I started at Minnwest Bank as a high school student and immediately was treated with respect. The team at Minnwest is extremely supportive and is an all around great environment to work in.
I never was given the opportunity to learn more about lending.
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2018
I have many years of experience when it comes to lending. Originally when I was brought on at Minnwest Bank as a Personal Banker II...I was supposed to be taking over the portfolios of my manager since he was the only consumer lender in our market in Sioux Falls. I tried learning more but my manager kept giving me excuses as to why he didn't have time to show me things or it was just easier for him to take care of the customer. So I wasn't given the opportunity to shine and show my talents.
review
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 11, 2018
Good company to work for but under paid in comparison to similar jobs. Company did a good job of communicating with staff. Benefits were good. Vacation time and work life balance.
A workplace where I have learned a lot about banking
Personal Banker & Teller (Current Employee) –  Redwood Falls, MNJanuary 4, 2018
I have many roles that mostly involve helping customers by phone and in person. I have learned a lot of skills in the banking industry as well as gained a lot of knowledge The management where I am is very approachable. The hardest part is when co-workers do not want to work as a team. The part I enjoy the most is helping our customers.
Pros
401K, the option for good insurance. paid time off
Cons
Not having the same opportunities to advance
Productive and great place to work
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNMay 23, 2017
Great work environment and fun place to work. People are great to work with and they are very considerate of your family life.
Great balance between home and work.
Enjoyable place to work with co-workers feeling like family.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNFebruary 23, 2017
Great atmosphere, learned all aspects of navigation through the different programs used on a daily basis, employees felt like family.

Hardest part: satisfying upset customers.

Best part: establishing new customer relations.
IT Manager was not the greatest
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNAugust 6, 2015
Workload varied and projects also varied which I liked. But IT manager did not use equal expectations and standards for all employees. Often direction would change with out notice.
Pros
Good relationship working with individual banks. Work on my own with out over supervision.
Cons
No continuity across IT department
Family Friendly Company
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 13, 2013
I have a passion for working with customers; through this position I was able to develop numerous relationships. I was able to develop the employees to be skilled at selling and to be proactive in their dealings with customers.