Mint Dentistry Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 18, 2018
Don’t waste your time here no raises no benifits they have you work 9 hours some days and send you home when patients cancel not a stable job and pay you less then minimum wage
Teamwork
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77076May 24, 2018
Mint dentistry is all about teamwork and to get the patients in and out of the office with quality work.Management was great. benefits are awesome its a corporate office so you see different people all the time.
No overtime and Can not use PTO
RDA (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 6, 2018
It was a problem if you got overtime and you could not use your PTO when you wanted and need to. The environment was stressful due to making sure no one got overtime. the benefits and pay were good.
Easy job, diffcult staff.
Insurance Coordinator/Insurance trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 29, 2018
The job itself was great, very easy. However, it's a very negative environment, The manager for insurance expresses to other employees how much she hates managing the department, the lead is stuck in a high school mentality. If leadership and management was better the job would be ideal for entry level.
Pros
easy job, easy to learn
Cons
management/leadership lacks in all areas
Great company for a dentist to join
General Dentist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 28, 2018
I have been a general dentist with Mint for close to a year and have enjoyed my experience. The offices are well managed and the staff is well trained and skilled. Patient experience and care is a huge focus and quality materials and techniques are implemented to provide the best care to patients. You do need to be a skilled, efficient dentist to enjoy working here as it can get busy and is a fast paced environment. Pay is above market, benefits are great - PTO for dentists is almost unheard of!
Pros
Quality focus, patient centered
Cons
Fast paced, longer hours during holiday season
Overall
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 14, 2018
At first, it will seem like a family. great environment until you get to training. Good Idea but always schedule the trainer 3- 4 sometime more new hires to train. which is too much not, everyone will get the right info.
everyone is mostly related in the office, so there is a lot of favoritism and discrimination. you only move up if you are friend with the manager or related.
no raises, people been working there for two years with one pay increase and other with none.
Great if you are a family member or a friend of the owner
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2018
But if you expect to stay for any length of time at this company and you are on salary, expect to be willing to do anything for the owner at any time of the day or night, 7 days a week. Also, be willing to do any job whether you are qualified for it or not, with little training, and work long hours. Do exactly what the owner tells you to do, and if it fails, take responsibility for it, even though you may have disagreed with doing it in the first place.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Owner is trying to grow too fast, poorly managed
Too much work little pay
Dental billing Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 31, 2018
The salary was so little and they would ake you travel to irving . They are super strict and managers have no idea what their doing , their is no moving up there unless your being fake and know someone there at mint .
Work here if you are desperate for a job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Job promotion and security are based on favoritism and/or ethnicity/race, not buy merit and hard work. If you are friends with, from the same ethnic background, or related to management i.e., brother, sister, husband, wife, best friends, or relations, then you will be promoted and quickly. Numerous employees agree with this statement, but no one is willing to speak up about what goes on, in fear of retaliation. Anytime you disagree or question a policy or protocol, you are told you are being "aggressive" or "insubordinate". No one is willing to take responsibility for their actions/mistakes, especially management. They rather play the blame game and fault others for their mistakes. Their is much more, but you'll just have to check it out for yourself. They say seeing is believing.
Pros
Free medical insurance
Cons
Short breaks, favoritism, racism
Only good for the experience..
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 24, 2017
I've worked at Mint for about a year now...The new insurance manager is okay.. lack diversity in corporate and a lot of white and Hispanic privilege...too much stress for the amount of money they are willing to pay....overall insurance manager is rude and difficult to work with.. who looks at you like a number who could be replaced instead of a employee... but the employee benefits are goods.. but they don't offer dental insurance and will charge you full price for producers..
Pros
Health Care, Employee of the Months, Work Hours
Cons
Too much stress, not enough money, low-key racist, horrible insuracne leads
Nope
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2017
Don't work here. This company cares more about money than patient care. Patients are rushed in and out, you have a bunch of new grads, turnover is really high, you will be stressed, overworked, and underpaid since you'll be squeezing in as many patients as possible for the pay...it's not worth it. If you meet the owner, I advise you familiarize yourself with the psychological definition of sociopath.

Good luck in your job search, and I hope that you will work for an place that will appreciate your value as well as the patients you treat!! :)
Growing company with opportunity for hardworkers
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
I have worked at Mint for several years now and although the work environment is fast-paced which can be stressful, the work day flies by and those that I work with are such hard workers that I rarely feel overworked. There are many transients who can't hack it (mostly younger, inexperienced, unprofessional types). I have seen many talented individuals come from entry level positions and rise to upper management and stay there. Hard work is provided opportunities at MINT, but you have to put in the time and hard work.
Pros
great team, opportunity, culture
Cons
very fast pace, long hours
Not worth it
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 7, 2017
At first it was pretty comfortable, but then they got overstaffed. Which forced them to relocate people. They don't take into consideration that you have family.
High Turnover Rates
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2017
I never seen so many people leave with the 5 months I've been here. It's kind of sad. High expectations but the pay did not match. The only thing I enjoyed about this place was the communication between some coworkers and I. I thought I wanted to make a career here upon graduating dental school. How quickly I changed my mind.
Stressful job
Lead Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 11, 2017
No lunch break on the schedule and we were always short staffed. So everyone got to eat 10-15 min a day. Some hygienists didn't get to eat some days. Manager did not care to change the schedule. Expected nobody to work overtime, which was impossible due to working office hours. Office was open M-F 8am-5 PM but without breaks, overtime was very hard to avoid. We are too pack as many appointments as possible in one day. Not the best quality dentistry in my opinion.
Pros
guaranteed 40 hrs
Cons
no lunch break
fun,stressful
Insurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 27, 2017
I enjoy my job, but management is horrible you can't grow in this company. No one helps you out as of HR or corporate. A typical day is going in a trying to do your job and helping others out.
Very good company
RDA (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 26, 2017
Mint is an EXCELLENT place to work with. Mint has many ways for a employer to grow . Mint has nothing but high technology for all of our patients ! . I just started working at mint and it's honestly hands down the best job I've had .
great company
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2017
I love working for Mint Dentistry. There is so much room to grow with the company. It is fast paced and sometime unorganized but you will meet awesome people and have a good time at work. They are also great about giving recognition for your hard work.
Pros
promotions
Cons
disorganized
Constantly moving
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 21, 2017
Fast pace job with daily duties. Learned a lot more on assisting. Hardest part was not having all hours by the end of pay period. Most enjoyable part was assisting doctor during all treatments.
Pros
free lunch when meet goals
Cons
hour cut backs
great place to excel
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 14, 2017
Every day at Mint was a challenge. That's probably the best part of the job - is that every day is a new one.
You get to work at more than one location sometimes, so that gives an opportunity to meet more amazing people that are employed by the company.
A typical day consists of anywhere from 8-12 hours depending on the position, but minimal breaks in between as it is high volume.
Pros
Each individual holds a different position, Bonuses always available. Great benefits.
Cons
Can be extremely stressful because of the environment too fast-paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mint Dentistry. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2