Minuteman Press Employee Reviews

Fast Pace
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2018
Minuteman is a franchise so everyone works differently depending on what location you were at. All in all, the work is fast pace and at times jobs would fall through the cracks.
Pros
Cons
all
No stress.
Office Manager / Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLSeptember 25, 2018
It was a team work from the beginning with what the customer requests then the graphic art work and the printing part. Always ensuring that the customer is happy with the end result.
Enjoyed my Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ho-Ho-Kus, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Enjoyed my internship, Boss and coworkers were great. Stressful and quick paced environment at times, slow and boring at other times. Was not the type of graphic design I wanted to end up doing.
Pros
fun
Cons
can be slow
Pre-Press Graphic Designer/Press Preparationj (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 13, 2018
Enjoyed Small Atmosphere! Good Place To Work/Pre-Press Graphics Interactive With Customers Relaxed Atmosphere Allow You To Work On You Own! Enjoyed Friendships with Fellow Workers & Customers!
Print production. Its a print shop job
In-house Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 4, 2018
I'm not sure how this survey for Minuteman Press came to pop up on Indeed but I find it not useful unless one is working at its corporate office wherever that is. Individual locations are franchise owned and operate pretty much to the whims of the owner/manager.
Pros
Its a printshop
Cons
Its a printshop
no micromanagement, hardly encounter the owner
Customer Service / engraver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 4, 2018
When I first started working with MMP I enjoyed my colleagues, and employer, but once the company sold to an in-experienced owner it really become a hub for gossip and was not managed well.
Pros
encouraged to work alone
Cons
not very structured after new ownership came in
Nice place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 30, 2018
The only bad thing about working there is there is composition between the owners. 3 owners want you to do different things. never sure who to listen to. Good working atmosphere and good hours. no overtime.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
3 owners
Entry level job
Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 17, 2018
Busy most days. Fast paced environment.
Other workers were cool to work with. Family owned and operated.
Management needs to find other ways to communicate with employees in a respectful manner not by humiliation or sarcasm in front of others or customers.
Pros
free printing etc.
Cons
run-down building - no air conditioning in summer
Owner is not understanding
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 16, 2018
I was pregnant while working at Minuteman. I had a lot of morning sickness and was fired because of. I enjoyed the work that I was doing.
The owner was very rude.
I did not like working here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYAugust 13, 2018
No other review is necessary for the job I had here was only to fill in while I found another better more suitable job.
The graphic designer was the only bright part of the entire job.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Fast Paced, Overworked and Under Appreciated
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Let me state that Minuteman Press is a franchise, so therefore this review is only for one family owned business. A husband and wife team. I cannot speak for the other Minuteman Press companies.

The moment you arrive to work, you hit the floor running and you don't stop until the work is done.

I learned to work faster and while maintain a small margin for error.

The management was insensitively to signs of overwork. They kept piling it on, oblivious to the telltale warning signs that an employee is on overload and about to hit the breaking point.

The culture left you feeling demotivated and constantly drained. No opportunities for advancement or improvement.

The hardest part of the job was trying to hit almost impossible deadlines within an 8 hour day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the pressure and the satisfaction of the customers.
Pros
Always Busy
Cons
Overworked and Underpaid
Productive place to work
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 12, 2018
Very busy, detail oriented place of work. you must learn proprietary software. Very fun if you love what you do. Creating stationary, signs, books and publications through the software you love to use is always great thing!
Pros
love design
Cons
Productive and friendly place to work
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 2, 2018
A typical day would not be the same as a previous day.
I learned about the print and production aspect of graphic design. My boss and other coworkers were encouraging and allowed me to express myself in a creative manner.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Sporadic business
Wonderful but limited
Graphic Designer and Print Production (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2018
They are wonderful people to work for, however they do not offer any benefits or incentives at all. There is no room for advancement. It is an in between place to work.
It's a great place to work.
Temp (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2018
I was only called in on occasion to help the main staff. Specifically to help assemble assignment notebooks local schools hired the location manager to build and print.
Pros
Simple tasks
Cons
A load of repetition
Good Start
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJuly 16, 2018
Small company with good values. Sometimes there was an overturn in employees and alot of training of the new employees is stressful in a fast paced environment. Overall fun place to work and a good stepping stone in the print field.
Young & Inexperienced
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJuly 12, 2018
Management is young and does their best to stay on top of things, but take very long to make decisions about the staff and do not inform until much later. Has a habit of hiring a new designer to replace their most recent hire every 2 years.
Pros
Flexible, Younger Environment, Willing to help
Cons
No Room for Advancement, Management is often distracted & has a 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude
great place t o work
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 7, 2018
great place to work. wonderfull staff and owner. Hard work and very competitive, yet worth all the time put in to be bends number one print shop. reccomend anyone to minute man press. Enjoyable work environment.
Pros
family owned
Cons
very relax and slow pace/
Assistant /Production Cord (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 29, 2018
answering phone seeing to customer that walk in. check voicemail. Enter paid invoices into the system. I learn a lot about different aspect of the print and graphic design part of the job. The boss he is a great guy. Very nice. work place is small there are only 4 people working. the hardest part about the job is the slow pace and then there is not benefits. But I have to say I do enjoy working with the guys good laughs and great jokes.
Pros
monday thur Friday weekends off
Cons
no benefits
Fast pace enviorment
Shipper/Bindery (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 13, 2018
Typical day is getting all the orders placed and printed on top of answering phones and helping walk in. You have to be able to mulit task and have time management. The work enviorment is all about team work and communication. The hardest part of the job is getting in the last minute rush orders in that are due with in an hour on top of all the other rushes that are due that day.
Pros
Time goes fast
Cons
No health insurance or advancement in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minuteman Press. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight