Minuteman Press Employee Reviews

Fantastic Place
Production Manager/Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLApril 9, 2019
I have worked at Minuteman Press for over 5 years now and I have absolutely loved it. I started in a part-time Bindery position and was able to work my way up to full-time Production Manager within 2 years. Showing the effort makes all the difference in regards to room to grow! You do not replant a flower unless it's outgrowing it's pot.

Helping customers come up with the perfect creative solutions for their projects, collaborating with other employees and learning from each other, and building a team or "work family" are our main focuses at Minuteman Press Plant City. I have worked with a few different people here, but the outcome is always the same because of these core values the owners have implemented.

Every job has stressful days and difficult customers, it's great to be at a place where the Owner's don't add to it but actually help take some of it away! They listen to our concerns and consider our "wish lists" for making the office more efficient and considering which way to expand.
Pros
Great team, great owners, room to grow
Printing/Pre-press
Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 5, 2019
I was Pre-press Technician - stripping negative flats for web press forms. Also provided bindery help. Pre-press was a skilled trade Job, I had for many years. The advancements in technology made it possible for a production machine to do this work. Was very sad, that this was a dying craft.
Pros
Loved this Skilled Trade
Cons
Advancements
MMP reps stole our hardware and insulted our workforce
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHMarch 12, 2019
We had a private shop along a strip section, Representatives verbally abused customers, lost us business, stole our hard drives and customer files, insulted me personally, They exercised a terrible "one size fits all" business mentality with no concern for our shops individual welfare.

I no longer have almost any samples of years worth of work now because of their theft.

My boss was fair, treated me well, negotiated bad deals with hardware suppliers.
They are great to work with.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYMarch 6, 2019
Minuteman Press has a great atmosphere to work in. The employees are like family who you can always count on. I loved working with the employees and the owner of Minuteman Press. Jobs came and went out with great attention to detail and with pride. Probably the hardest part of the job was just assuring jobs were sent out on time. I enjoyed sending out a completed beautiful job on time.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Productive and fun
Sales Consultant & Production (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAFebruary 21, 2019
great place to work with great employees and great work that speaks for itself owner is passionate about their work and ensuring they provide a great product and service to customers
Good place to get started
Customer Support & Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2019
This company was a job-starter for me. I was going to technical school close by so it fit with my school schedule.
These companies are franchised so each location is different, I assume.
Fun place to work
Data Entry / Bindery / Deliveries (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJanuary 29, 2019
I remember one time the owner hired omelet guys to come in during lunch and make unlimited omelets for the staff. It was a great time and everyone enjoyed it.
Dirty work environment , Dog employee.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, VJanuary 21, 2019
Dirty office environment. The only bathroom that works is dirty and has a dead cockroach in the ceiling light. Garbage smells from outside enter the work area. They will ask you to sign a paper agreeing to work weekends. To anyone allergic to dogs/pets, the store owner brings his dog into the work area. The dog barks often at customers. You will go home with dog hair on your clothes. The pay is under minimum wage.
Pros
Cons
The owners dog ate some of an employees lunch during work hours.
Great place to work with a really close team!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJanuary 9, 2019
- Lots of opportunity to learn and gain new skills
-You can get pay raises based off of you skillset and the amount of work you turn out

-Management and the team are amazing!
Great Franchise
Print Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Loved owning the franchise(s) for over 12 years. Time for a change and location but is the best print company out there. If you like fast paced, this type of work is for you.
Good place to work, no benifita, little opportunity for advancemwnt
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 29, 2018
Minuteman Press is a small store situated in a high volume small business sector off Peachtree Ind. The staff is nice but there are no benifits for the employees as the store only has a total of 4 employees including the owner. Also, with the store being so small there is little room for advancement in the company.
Pros
Good hours, nice clean work environment
Cons
No benifits, no overtime, no room for advancement
Good company to work for...No benefits, but competitive salary with flexible schedule
Graphic Designer/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 24, 2018
I enjoy working here, fast paced, but relaxed atmosphere...days go buy fast...there are no benefits, but extremely fair/ competitive salary. What you put in, is what you will get back.
Pros
Good pay/days go buy fast!
Cons
No benefits
Sometimes a Fun place to work if everybody come to work
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 29, 2018
All male place only 4 employees. Employees come to work when they get ready and leave when they get ready. Sometimes go to lunch and not come back. Owner is very impatient and sometimes have temper tantrums. But never spoke directly to employees about the situation but talked about them to other employees.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No benefits/Muffin at end of week if on time
Productive and helpful in Learning different things
Graphic Designer/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 26, 2018
Clock in, finish jobs or projects. pretty much find something to do and do it. I Learned how to do many print based products, such as note pads and such.
Fast-paced environment
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 20, 2018
Very fast paced, can be stressful at times. The days went by fast. The work was challenging the customers could be challenging, but overall a good work experience.
Great Place to Work and Grow
Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHOctober 30, 2018
I worked here for 2 years and I credit my time here for getting me to where I am now. Wonderful people that are a pleasure to work for. A great first job for a deaigner just out of college and an amazing introduction to working with the public and learning the ins and outs of print and design.
Sad Little Print Shop
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 17, 2018
I was offered a job here upon my payment as a customer for a design job I was doing for class. The job I was offered was the role of a graphic designer/shop operator, but would be starting as a customer service representative for a month or so. Three months passed without a real plan with my employer to advance my responsibilities to that of a graphic designer. Not to mention, the culture there was miserable. Because my employer could not increase volume to hire a marketing rep or to move me to the designer position, he could not meet his monthly quota, and was therefore frustrated. Daily, he projected his frustration onto myself and the current graphic designer in the form of belittlement, condescendence, and yelling, often verbally blaming us for not propelling his earnings. This is not a spiteful assessment, this is an honest reflection of my experience at Minuteman Press of Santa Clara.
Fast Pace
ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2018
Minuteman is a franchise so everyone works differently depending on what location you were at. All in all, the work is fast pace and at times jobs would fall through the cracks.
Pros
Cons
all
No stress.
Office Manager / Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLSeptember 25, 2018
It was a team work from the beginning with what the customer requests then the graphic art work and the printing part. Always ensuring that the customer is happy with the end result.
Enjoyed my Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ho-Ho-Kus, NJSeptember 24, 2018
Enjoyed my internship, Boss and coworkers were great. Stressful and quick paced environment at times, slow and boring at other times. Was not the type of graphic design I wanted to end up doing.
Pros
fun
Cons
can be slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minuteman Press. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight