Minuteman Press Pay & Benefits reviews

A Foot in the door but not an advance
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2019
I was employed for a very short time because the owner was not patient enough to give me a full 90 day period. I admit that I was just getting into the business. However, the way I was trained and put out there was too fast and unforgiving. I'd advise you to stay away from these franchises because the way some of these businesses run their stores are only beneficial to the owners. The owners are never on the employees' side.

It's literally working for them and nothing else besides the money.

If you are trying to get into the graphic design/creative field, you could do this but this is at the bottom of the list for a career starter.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No health benefits, poor management
Great place to work with a really close team!
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJanuary 9, 2019
- Lots of opportunity to learn and gain new skills
-You can get pay raises based off of you skillset and the amount of work you turn out

-Management and the team are amazing!
Good place to work, no benifita, little opportunity for advancemwnt
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 29, 2018
Minuteman Press is a small store situated in a high volume small business sector off Peachtree Ind. The staff is nice but there are no benifits for the employees as the store only has a total of 4 employees including the owner. Also, with the store being so small there is little room for advancement in the company.
Pros
Good hours, nice clean work environment
Cons
No benifits, no overtime, no room for advancement
Good company to work for...No benefits, but competitive salary with flexible schedule
Graphic Designer/Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 24, 2018
I enjoy working here, fast paced, but relaxed atmosphere...days go buy fast...there are no benefits, but extremely fair/ competitive salary. What you put in, is what you will get back.
Pros
Good pay/days go buy fast!
Cons
No benefits
Sometimes a Fun place to work if everybody come to work
Production manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 29, 2018
All male place only 4 employees. Employees come to work when they get ready and leave when they get ready. Sometimes go to lunch and not come back. Owner is very impatient and sometimes have temper tantrums. But never spoke directly to employees about the situation but talked about them to other employees.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No benefits/Muffin at end of week if on time
Nice place to work
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 30, 2018
The only bad thing about working there is there is composition between the owners. 3 owners want you to do different things. never sure who to listen to. Good working atmosphere and good hours. no overtime.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
3 owners
Wonderful but limited
Graphic Designer and Print Production (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2018
They are wonderful people to work for, however they do not offer any benefits or incentives at all. There is no room for advancement. It is an in between place to work.
very relax and slow pace/
Assistant /Production Cord (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 29, 2018
answering phone seeing to customer that walk in. check voicemail. Enter paid invoices into the system. I learn a lot about different aspect of the print and graphic design part of the job. The boss he is a great guy. Very nice. work place is small there are only 4 people working. the hardest part about the job is the slow pace and then there is not benefits. But I have to say I do enjoy working with the guys good laughs and great jokes.
Pros
monday thur Friday weekends off
Cons
no benefits
No room for advancement and no benefits
Production (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 8, 2018
Needs improvement. Rampant nepotism. No room for advancement. NO HEALTH BENEFITS. No raises. This company seriously needs some outside critique on their practices.
Pros
Friendly team
Cons
Sinking ship
very busy and fun place to work
Graphic Designer, PrePress Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAFebruary 15, 2018
I always looked forward to going to work.
The days went by fast and there was always something great happening.
My co-workers were always great and to this day I am still friends with them as well as with the owner.
Pros
fast-paced and fun atmosphere
Cons
no benefits
Not challenging, poor management, poor pay
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAFebruary 6, 2018
As a graphic designer, there was no room for growth and only about 5% of the jobs required actual graphic design. I got bored very quick. Most of the jobs consisted of renaming and resizing files.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
No benefits, no room for growth, poor management
It wasn't an elite printing company to work for.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 1, 2018
There's not much to write about here. It was a fair environment with fair management and fair compensation. I was basically the "Jack of all trades" there. I ran a Ryobi 3302 and did all of the printing for the company, I operated all of the bindery equipment and did about 80% of that work, I was training on 2 digital machines and I also did deliveries.
Pros
The commute
Cons
Unstable longevity
Small family owned printing business
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Small printing business. Average day included setting up or editing customer files for print. Email customers proofs. Printing many different jobs on up to 3 different digital presses at a time.
Pros
Understanding of having sick children.
Cons
no health benefits, or 401k options
Small, family owned business with no room for advancement
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOJanuary 26, 2018
While the job offered a good opportunity to learn about the industry and gain experience, it provided no room for advancement. The owners do no want to provide raises or benefits.
Good job, horrible boss
Graphic Designer/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 23, 2018
Working at this Minuteman location takes someone who doesn't mind being yelled at for mistakes. I worked there for 6 months and never really felt trained. I was expected to know the job very quickly even though there were a lot of particular nuances that made learning the business tricky. My multitasking skills were put to the limit as there was no front desk person to great customers and we were expected to do that function as well as answer phones and respond to emails within 5 mins of receiving them. Honestly all of this would be fine if the owner was more open about the training process instead of waiting until you crash to tell you he didn't think you could do it any way. More than once I was told that I wasn't qualified for the job when I was hired and was constantly put down for mistakes.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
No benifits and poor management
No Advancement/Benefits
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 21, 2018
Not provided a clear vision of what Minuteman the company would like to see as far as correct procedures and company reviews. Raises and advancement in the company are non-existent. Wish they would gain more insight through employees and become more hands on to improve growth.
Pros
Plenty to do with customer interaction.
Cons
Company doesn't seem to care about it's employees. Depends on which location one is at.
Fast paced/casual environment/low compensation and minimal benefits
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced burn and turn design. Wide variety of projects utilizing a wide variety of design skills. Casual work environment. Very minimal benefits, lower end compensation.
Very poor management
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 4, 2017
Very poor management with no room for advancement. Very poor salary with no benefits. No order or balance between management and employees. Very poor communication.
Pros
Laid-back work environment
Cons
Poor salary with no benefits
Good place to work *****
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 24, 2017
I am very curious to why I am being asked to review the company I owned and managed. Pretty sure I am not going to say anything negative. Again not sure how this benifits me the applicant
Good co-workers
Print Production Manager/Graphic Design (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 16, 2017
Poor management, no communication, no benefits, liked the work, not appreciated for my efforts, got along with customers and co-workers, left to run shop alone much for the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minuteman Press. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight