MIQ Logistics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Informalidad
Reciving (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2018
Lastimosamente fue la peor experiences de mi vida trabajando ahi 9 meses y jamas fui fija solo recibi 1 llamada y no me necesitaban jamas tuve derecho a nada la verdad informalidad veo en esta empresa
Sr. Truck Load Broker/ Business Development Mgr (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 14, 2018
MIQ was a good place to work. As long as you did your job you were given a lot of freedom . I worked at MIQ for over 6 years. Many times I was not given a promotion I was deserving of because my supervisors at the time didn't want to lose me . That was very frustrating because I was not able to move up in the company as I was qualified to do .
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Very hard to get a raise, even when you have a great yearly review. .
managment and human recourses are a horror
Import Specialist (Former Employee) –  jfkMarch 24, 2018
not even worth the time..........................................................................was one of the worse companies I have ever worked for. stay away...stay far away...you have been warned...
Productive and great employees
Logistics Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 26, 2018
the work kept you busy, but the supervisors never said anything if your break was a little longer than 15 minutes once in a while. when the employees would start showing stress, they lightened up the atmosphere. For example, by having puzzles for us all to work on. Great teamwork projects!

There are a lot a talented people there, that are willing to take time out of their work to help each other.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
healthcare
Good Place to work
Export Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2018
MIQ is a good place to work but Upper management do need to be improve.

R#ecent Branch Managers were people that came with a strong South American cutlure and little understanding of the American Culture causing for the employees to be unhappy.
Pros
good salary, benefits
Cons
choice of branch managers is not the best
I like wotking with my co-workes and have good relations with eberybody
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2017
I am a forklift operator which I off load freight from trucks,flatbeds,containers & flashbacks I also inventory freight against packing list checking for part numbers,shortages,overage & damage materials then put into location. I also load trucks & containers and I also help with Mtg which is freight comes in then inventory then put into location the wait for pull sheets and ship out domestic to different customer. We also unload granite from containers store out side then load onto flatbeds got delivery.
Pros
We get free lunches every 2 or 3 months
Cons
We get 2 15 min. breaks and provide us with health insurance
Productive and Fun Environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 13, 2017
Opportunity to advance is wide open. I enjoy the team environment and opportunity to grow and develop. The leadership team is open to innovation and feedback from their team.
Pros
Benefits, Work Life Balance
Decent Place to work for
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2017
on an average day at work I was always busy with the account I was set to be over, and I liked being in charge of that account until some of the starting managers quit or took on other roles. that is when things start to go downhill within the department which I worked in. i liked that the company would pass out gift cards for 25, 50, and sometimes 100 bucks for employee of the month, good reviews from the managers, and especially when the holidays rolled around. those were the main fun moments.
Pros
One of the Contractors bring Homemade donuts!
Cons
They can be a bit picky if they don't like you!
A Sinking Ship
Revenue Specialist II/Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 16, 2017
MIQ just sold off a major chunk of their business, and my position was eliminated.

In my opinion, they're looking to sell off the remaining business line, and be gone within two years.
Good company / no growth
Import Manager, Licensed Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 6, 2017
MIQ LOGISTICS is a good place to work, and the people there are outstanding, however there is very little growth, and even though the benefits are excellent, salary is not.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Unenjoyable
Operations supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAAugust 4, 2017
Very small facility with lack of professionalism. Dock workers are mostly temps. Lots of time spent in training hours. No dock doors throughout the facility causing extreme weather conditions at times.
Customer service
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 4, 2017
I was responsible for answering the phone setting up freight shipments and keeping accurate record of shipments and data. Also provided excellent customer service to all customers.
Productive warehouse distribution.
Transportation Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 26, 2017
As a service provider MIQ is a well organized operation that serves the warehousing and transportation industry well. Their focus is to provide the highest level of service to employees and customers with integrity and trust. It was a nice environment to work in.
Great Culture
Global Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2017
Strong staff, great support.. Great people, good mission and vision for the company. Fair and Balanced, strong customer services and focus on growth.
Data entry level position
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 28, 2017
8-5 working in a warehouse inputting information from cargo coming in to the company working under pressure of a lot of work was enjoyable getting to meet so many people ( truck drivers ) was interesting
Great Workplace
Logistics Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2017
Had a great team and learned a great deal about third party logistics and supply chain operations in general. Great place to get your foot in the door for logistics.
Logistics/Export Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 23, 2017
What I can say about MIQ Logistics is the workplace culture is poor and advancement not possible. The upper management has no feelings or cares about the 'little people' below them.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Completely Disillusioned
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 11, 2016
Corporate leaders do not care about their employees. The bottom line is all that matters. Minimum staff, cutting insurance, no raises, more work for less pay. Promotions and raises handed out to unqualified people while those that are qualified are dumped on and reprimanded when the job doesn't get done.
Pros
General staff is great to work with.
Cons
Corporate leaders do not care. Might as well work in a sweatshop.
export
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2016
I like working there cause most of the co-workers got along and we will help each other on areas and need help in.

supervisor also were involve in the day to day duties

it was a home away from home environment
Pros
excellent health benifits
Cons
n/a
Classic example of a spin off comoany "Yellow Frighf" who almost in bankruptcy.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 20, 2016
Management is stretched thin and under qualified. No privacy, with quarter high cube walls, so no privacy. F bombs dropped regularly by upper management, all in all a very anxiety ridden opelation or business.
Pros
Cons
Horrific work conditions except for upper management.