Miracle Ear Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Senile Management
FOA (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 1, 2018
Audiologist needs to retire. Dimentia is diffidult to deal with. You will be told one thing one day and then yelled at for doing it the next day. Upper management does nothing they are aware. No raises at all. Training is poor. Audiologist is controlling and forgets everything from 5 minutes ago. Save yourself from being yelled at by an old man with serious memory issues. Run while you can!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Excellent working environment
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 11, 2018
Helping many people improve their hearing on a daily basis made going to work extremely enjoyable. There were very few days that I actually felt like I was at "work"
Dishonest hiring tactics
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 9, 2018
Depending on the franchise you work for, they will look you square in the eyes when they hire you and will lie to get you to hop on board. It is immoral to hire someone for a knowingly low hourly rate, only to promise them reviews with the potential for a raise, which will then be completely avoided when the time comes (I am not the only one they have done this to). Then when you make multiple requests to decipher why they are drastically delaying your reviews, you will be given a long list of absurd excuses as to why your review (and raise, which I have been told is awaiting approval) is 3 months past due. This makes loyal, hard working employees lose interest in the corporation they work for and therefore, causes excellent employees to leave and give their loyalty to another company that doesn't treat their employees with such disrespect. Seems rather inefficient to me.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No respect for employee wages and no lunch break
Work alone, Had to make sure everything got done for the day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2018
Was ok, but was left in office by yourself 2 days out office week. Have to not mind working alone. You have to know about the different types of hearing aides and the programming and how they work.
Pros
office work
Cons
work by self a lot
Terrible corporate management structure
Manager / Hearing Insturment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2018
Terrible support from corporate manager. No communication from manager. Indecisive manager that doesn't fulfill what he promises. If you like working in a place where you're backstabbed weekly, this is your company.
Slow paced office setting
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEJune 24, 2018
A new office branch, just consultant and coordinator. Some days were very quiet there only for phones or deliveries. Consultant was a very nice gentleman, had flexibile hours
Interesting and productive job
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 20, 2018
Greeted customers daily who were interested in taking care of their hearing needs. I loved my customers and the Specialist was a joy to work with dail
Great salary, great work environment, encouraging, like family
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2018
I love working with Miracle-Ear. I truly believe the owners and management truly care about the success of their employees and providing the highest quality hearing aids and services to their patients. I have been working their for one year and still wake up looking forward to everyday I work. I love the freedom the job allows and the fact I feel I am working with family. I feel appreciated and they do little things all the time for their employees. They celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and have a massive Christmas Party every year! Did I mention bonuses? Nearly, every employee has bonus opportunity including, assistance, marketing, telemarketing and dispensers. They are already rewarding my hard work. I am proud to work here.
Pros
Work-life balance, advancement, salary
Cons
Hard work, high expectations
Great
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARMay 29, 2018
Very good company to work for with very good products! The managers and upper tier people are very good to work for! The fact that Miracle Ear creates a culture of helping people with their hearing needs as the number one goal!
A good place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 28, 2018
A good place to work. Good management with a chance to exceed within the organization. I left for personal reasons, not the companies fault. Very good experience.
Great Company
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 28, 2018
Miracle Ear is a great company. They produce high quality instruments, stay up with technology, superior training for specialists, great benefits. Overall sincerely cares for patients and staff. Blessed to work here.
Good workplace, not consistent enough to support family
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 24, 2018
Up in montana only in one office doesnt provide enough especially no benefits to support a family. I loved the patients and being able to work with them and wish it would have worked out for the better.
Great Placew
Front office management, (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 11, 2018
this is uncalled for. I should not have to do this to apply fora job on Indeed!!! I did not ask to do this. I am unhappy with having to do this in order to submit an application!!!
Pros
unknown
Cons
unknown
It's Ok
Marketing Associate/ Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2018
It is ok, just depends on who owns the stores. I worked with a franchise owner who was nice and promoted within. Unfortunately, they could not keep the business afloat and had to sell it. Leaving me jobless.
Would be s great company if management would come to Tucson and see how to run it.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 1, 2018
No one was ever around they never did enough advertising to promote the business. The old owner one day just closed the business ran it into the ground.
Pros
Loved working with patients and helping them hear.
Cons
Never had the supplies we needed to take care of patients
Nice Environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 1, 2018
Great place to work. Your main job is phone calls to create appointments. Small office environment so hopefully you like the people you are working with.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
Lots and lots of dialing and phone soliciation
Corporate is good!
Client Care Coordinator/BC-HIS Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 27, 2018
I've really enjoyed my last few years with Miracle-Ear. I'm pretty sad to be looking elsewhere but I haven't had a raise in the 2+ years I've been with the company and I've never been under a provider who can hit sales goals regularly enough that I get commissioned. But other than that, the benefits are amazing and I think this would be an ideal position for someone who has a second income.. it just doesn't match up with cost of living in the Denver area for a single person.
Pros
Great holiday schedule and PTO
Cons
No pay raises, no room to move up unless you want to be a provider
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WI 54843April 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Miracle Ear. My direct Supervisor was amazing! I enjoyed working with the public during job fairs and really liked all the clients that came into the office.
Pros
Excellent Manager
Great Company, Poor Management
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 19, 2018
The job itself was very rewarding. Fitting a patient with hearing aids was always very rewarding when you were able to help them hear. The patients were great and the purpose was fantastic. Management at the Miracle-Ear company (home-base Charlotte) was very poor. Management could not keep up with what they would tell you. Rules changed from employee to employee and you was not uncommon to be lied to when it involved compensation, raises or career advancement. The biggest benefits of the job were the work itself. Monthly sales minimums were set throughout the company and every store was expected to meet the same minimum amount, however some patients had a 3,000+ patient database while other stores had only 300 patients. Rewards were not always given as promised either. I genuinely believe Miracle-Ear sells a great product and the stores provide great customer service, I simply disagree with the management styles in the NC area. I'm sure that different management would make all the difference.
Pros
Rewarding Job, Health Insurance
Cons
Long Hours, Poor Management, Hard to meet Quotas
Stressful and Cut Throat
PA&NJ Licensed Hearing Aid Dispenser (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 28, 2018
Much different now than when I started. Compensation plans have changed drastically, so has the management. This went from a position where I was able to truly help people with a hearing problem to being forced to be a pushy, unethical salesman.