Miracle Ear Employee Reviews

Not what I expected
Office Receptionist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 15, 2018
At the interview, seems like not everything was thoroughly explained to me. They don't compensate for the gas you have to use for work related errands and they didn't really mention that it was more of a sales job. You have to try and convince the patients to buy hearing aids. It wasn't the best fit for me.
Pros
You were alone most of the time
Cons
I loved helping people hear.
Sales, Marketing and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FL & ZephyrhillsOctober 16, 2018
Miracle Ear has one of the best technology I have worked with. They continue to come out with new programming instruments to help patients in all environments . If I had not become disabled, I would still be with Miracle Ear.
Pros
Great technology, ease of programs
Cons
Did not offer retirement
Not a good fit
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 4, 2018
Never worked for a micro-manager before. When the money was good, totally left alone, but if the appointments were slow...would listen in on your phone calls and critique every word.
Great company
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 23, 2018
I worked at the Miracle-Ear in Connecticut and it was an absolute blast, they sent us for one week hearing aid training school in Upstate New York and have the best instructor in the industry all paid for. The commission structure is huge and you can easily make six figures if you put in half the effort that everyone else does. I highly recommend this company to anybody looking to either join the hearing instrument industry or looking to make a career move into it. The phrase your brother is doing an excellent job at treating their employees well they have yearly cruises all paid for many many contests and I never had a check that was under $3,000 per week. The only reason I left is because I had to move to Florida but plan on finding a location here to work at.
Pros
Lots of money
Not a secure job.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 20, 2018
I worked at Miracle Ear for a very short period. I was deceived upon being hired in regards to employee compensation, and benefits. Very low wage ($10/HR), no benefits or paid holidays for the first year. You can not take time off during the first 6 months, and you have to ask for time off 2 months in advance, once you are allowed to take time off. The third day I worked there I gave them a month notice for a doctor’s appointment. I was scolded by a person in corporate for it. The appointment I needed off for would of only kept me away from my desk for 1.5 hours. This is not a good job for any person who has a family of their own. They do NOT allow lunch breaks, and don’t allow you to have a lunch on a daily basis. My third day there I asked to go to lunch, and my corporate magnet gave me a sandwich to eat at my desk, to keep me from taking a lunch break. No other breaks given in your 8-9 hour work day. Clients and patients always came off as annoyed and scammed by the company. The base pay was extremely low, and embarrassing for a company this size. If you have small children in daycare, you will not be able to live off the starting wage. They also don’t have a review system.
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
No lunch break, no benefits, no time off or holding pay for the first year.
Miracle Ear in Brockton, MA
Patient Care Coordinator-Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MASeptember 19, 2018
The job itself was great. The hearing instrument specialist was unethical and he made comments towards me that made me uncomfortable. When i left and complained to HR they cut my unemployment.
Not a bad job, poor compensation.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 16, 2018
As a consultant you are expected to run a store, which means doing windows, vacuuming, cleaning toilets, fixing and cleaning hearing aids all without pay. You only get paid when you sell hearing aids which depends solely on the advertising from the company. The culture is lonely to some extent and management was cooperative. They also have some quirky rules that don't always allow you to present their product which means no sale or commission. All in all, I did enjoy the position and would have stayed if the compensation was structured differently.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Compensation structure
Great Company
Licensed Hearing Aid Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 6, 2018
It was a great place to work. I adored my patients and miss working for this company. The like to promote from within or give people a chance to learn the industry.
Great Employers
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 4, 2018
M-F 8/5, typical office responsibilities, learned about hearing loss and hearing aids. Immediate supervisor is a great person however hard to report to daily.
Overall, great job, great people. Lacking management and structure.
No benefits
Pros
Great hours, decent pay, great people
Cons
no structure, poor management, no health benefits
Quiet place to work
Customer Service/Medical Office (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed working for Miracle Ear, it was a slower paced office but I enjoyed keeping busy booking appointments and helping the patients out with batteries or simple maintenance of there hearing aids. If more training was needed it was always given. Management was awesome and it was a pleasure to work there
Pros
Patients
Cons
Sometimes when management was not there I still needed to be there

Want to know more about Miracle Ear?

Ask a question
Senile Management
FOA (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXAugust 1, 2018
Audiologist needs to retire. Dimentia is diffidult to deal with. You will be told one thing one day and then yelled at for doing it the next day. Upper management does nothing they are aware. No raises at all. Training is poor. Audiologist is controlling and forgets everything from 5 minutes ago. Save yourself from being yelled at by an old man with serious memory issues. Run while you can!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Excellent working environment
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 11, 2018
Helping many people improve their hearing on a daily basis made going to work extremely enjoyable. There were very few days that I actually felt like I was at "work"
slow paced office setting
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEJuly 9, 2018
a new office very small, general office duties, somedays no one came by and no phone calls. Compensation vey low, unable to continue due to lack of raises.
Pros
felxible hours
Dishonest hiring tactics
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 9, 2018
Depending on the franchise you work for, they will look you square in the eyes when they hire you and will lie to get you to hop on board. It is immoral to hire someone for a knowingly low hourly rate, only to promise them reviews with the potential for a raise, which will then be completely avoided when the time comes (I am not the only one they have done this to). Then when you make multiple requests to decipher why they are drastically delaying your reviews, you will be given a long list of absurd excuses as to why your review (and raise, which I have been told is awaiting approval) is 3 months past due. This makes loyal, hard working employees lose interest in the corporation they work for and therefore, causes excellent employees to leave and give their loyalty to another company that doesn't treat their employees with such disrespect. Seems rather inefficient to me.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No respect for employee wages and no lunch break
Work alone, Had to make sure everything got done for the day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 2, 2018
Was ok, but was left in office by yourself 2 days out office week. Have to not mind working alone. You have to know about the different types of hearing aides and the programming and how they work.
Pros
office work
Cons
work by self a lot
Terrible corporate management structure
Manager / Hearing Insturment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 25, 2018
Terrible support from corporate manager. No communication from manager. Indecisive manager that doesn't fulfill what he promises. If you like working in a place where you're backstabbed weekly, this is your company.
Slow paced office setting
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEJune 24, 2018
A new office branch, just consultant and coordinator. Some days were very quiet there only for phones or deliveries. Consultant was a very nice gentleman, had flexibile hours
Interesting and productive job
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCJune 20, 2018
Greeted customers daily who were interested in taking care of their hearing needs. I loved my customers and the Specialist was a joy to work with dail
Great salary, great work environment, encouraging, like family
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2018
I love working with Miracle-Ear. I truly believe the owners and management truly care about the success of their employees and providing the highest quality hearing aids and services to their patients. I have been working their for one year and still wake up looking forward to everyday I work. I love the freedom the job allows and the fact I feel I am working with family. I feel appreciated and they do little things all the time for their employees. They celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and have a massive Christmas Party every year! Did I mention bonuses? Nearly, every employee has bonus opportunity including, assistance, marketing, telemarketing and dispensers. They are already rewarding my hard work. I am proud to work here.
Pros
Work-life balance, advancement, salary
Cons
Hard work, high expectations
Great
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARMay 29, 2018
Very good company to work for with very good products! The managers and upper tier people are very good to work for! The fact that Miracle Ear creates a culture of helping people with their hearing needs as the number one goal!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Miracle Ear. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about