MiraCosta College Employee Reviews

productive
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 27, 2019
Really friendly and supportive staff and faculty. They work around your schedule and genuinely care about what's going on in your life. Opportunities for advancement and raises and it feels good to help people.
Great place to work while you're a student
Media Arts Tutor & Academic Success Coach (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 25, 2019
Pros
Work around your schedule
Cons
Not a ton of hours
Great start for college students
WRITING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 1, 2019
MiraCosta College gave me an opportunity to help college students while studying for my own degree. Great group of people that have great support structure for employees.
Pros
Flexible hours and great mentorship
Cons
Minimum wage
I did not work here
None yet (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Although I have never been employed at MiraCosta College I have been attending this community college for my higher education. I've had a great experience with office staff, counselors as well as professors. Plus both campuses have beautiful views of the ocean.
Enjoyed my work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 3, 2019
This was a student job under the Federal Work Study program. It only ended because my federal work study funds ended. I enjoyed my work and learn a great deal.
Pros
Worked around my class shecdules
Productive work space for students
Student Worker, Health Services (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 19, 2018
Students receive all the support and supplemented learning for their chemistry coursed through hands on experience of working in the lab. Calculations, experiment techniques, and solution making all drive students to become better. Student are given a realistic view of the work environment and are prepared for future career work placement.
MiraCosta Rocks.
Associate Faculty Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 30, 2018
I worked for MiraCosta for around 7 years. I started as a student worker at $9 per hour and ended at over $30 per hour. The down side is actually getting hired as a permanent employee. It's almost impossible.
Took college classes there, didn't work
Student (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 27, 2018
I went there for college, I did NOT work there. The teachers who taught there were great as well as the tutors. I don't know anyone that has worked there but it seem to be a nice place to work if you are going to school there.
collaborative place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 19, 2018
great job with great situation to improve experience. i learned really good experience about teaching in classes. the enjoyable part of my work is have communication with student and help to them learn and achieve their goal.
Fun and dynamic place to work
Campus aide 3 (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 3, 2018
I loved working there. It’s pleasant, friendly, and fulfilling. I had the best work experiences there. The downside of it is that if the job is hourly, you don’t get paid for the next two months after starting the job. How can you live off with no pay for two months!? It’s ridiculous :-/
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Type of pay and lack of job security
Good place to work for your college campus advancement
mentor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 3, 2018
Miracosta college work study jobs help provide you with income to support your life at miracosta, as well as off campus, which is a big help when needing the money for family or yourself. It truly is a good place to work at, and the people are even better to work with. I appreciate the time I spent working there. Give it a try students.
Pros
great management, good work flow, good co-workers
Cons
money comes every other month, unresponsive students.
The MCC Experience
Campus Aide III (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 28, 2018
Working at MCC is the type of employment opportunity a person could make a career. The environment and setting of the campus are second to none and the friendly knowledgeable staff continues to work for the betterment of the students.
Great workplace
Teacher's Aide for Abnormal Psychology Class (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work at MiraCosta college as a teachers assistant includes shadowing a class and grading papers. Some days you would also create lecture materials or worksheets. The downside to this job is the pay. Its just a little above minimum wage.
Pros
learning about your major
Cons
pay, no benefits
Student culture is awesome
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2018
Student culture is awesome. This college is one of the best. They have really good funding. The administration however is a joke. They have no idea what they are doing.
Wonderful people, relaxed environment
First Year Experience Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 25, 2018
I loved working here! Too bad I was just a student worker and the job was only temporary. The people were wonderful and helpful. MiraCosta is a place where they make every student and worker feel welcomed.
Excellent working environment
Supplemental Instruction leader (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Supportive and cooperative management. Input on program improvement was always welcome and considered by supervisors. MiraCosta faculty are professional and willing to help others advance.
Pros
Top tier staff
Cons
Parking
Productive and fun with sporting events
Athletic worker (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 15, 2018
It was fun and fast-paced and allowed me to get more experience and be around sports. The workplace was great, everyone was a joy to be around and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around all the sporting events and watching various types of players and teams compete. I learned how to multitask and use all my skills.
Pros
Free food, sports
Solid place of employment
Purchasing and Materials Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 19, 2017
MiraCosta College is a good place to work but probably not for everyone. Politics can be a major factor of an individual's success or lack thereof, at the college. Overall, it is relaxed and well compensated, but the lack of upward mobility and the level of influence that can exist there are detractors.
Pros
Relaxed, fairly substantial compensation in most cases
Cons
Somewhat political, not very easy upward mobility
Great place to work and nice people
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2017
MiraCosta is a beautiful college and very nice to work for. Management is organized and helpful, good communication. I worked part time and for a few months so that is my experience thus far.
Very fun, young crowd
Lead Tutor/Teaching Assistant - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 28, 2017
Very fun place to work in the tutoring center, but greatly reduced pay for the services you are offering. You will most likely want to supplement with private tutoring