MiraCosta College Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Good place to work for your college campus advancement
mentor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 3, 2018
Miracosta college work study jobs help provide you with income to support your life at miracosta, as well as off campus, which is a big help when needing the money for family or yourself. It truly is a good place to work at, and the people are even better to work with. I appreciate the time I spent working there. Give it a try students.
Pros
great management, good work flow, good co-workers
Cons
money comes every other month, unresponsive students.
The MCC Experience
Campus Aide III (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 28, 2018
Working at MCC is the type of employment opportunity a person could make a career. The environment and setting of the campus are second to none and the friendly knowledgeable staff continues to work for the betterment of the students.
Great workplace
Teacher's Aide for Abnormal Psychology Class (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work at MiraCosta college as a teachers assistant includes shadowing a class and grading papers. Some days you would also create lecture materials or worksheets. The downside to this job is the pay. Its just a little above minimum wage.
Pros
learning about your major
Cons
pay, no benefits
Student culture is awesome
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2018
Student culture is awesome. This college is one of the best. They have really good funding. The administration however is a joke. They have no idea what they are doing.
Wonderful people, relaxed environment
First Year Experience Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 25, 2018
I loved working here! Too bad I was just a student worker and the job was only temporary. The people were wonderful and helpful. MiraCosta is a place where they make every student and worker feel welcomed.
Excellent working environment
Supplemental Instruction leader (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Supportive and cooperative management. Input on program improvement was always welcome and considered by supervisors. MiraCosta faculty are professional and willing to help others advance.
Pros
Top tier staff
Cons
Parking
Productive and fun with sporting events
Athletic worker (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 15, 2018
It was fun and fast-paced and allowed me to get more experience and be around sports. The workplace was great, everyone was a joy to be around and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around all the sporting events and watching various types of players and teams compete. I learned how to multitask and use all my skills.
Pros
Free food, sports
Solid place of employment
Purchasing and Materials Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 19, 2017
MiraCosta College is a good place to work but probably not for everyone. Politics can be a major factor of an individual's success or lack thereof, at the college. Overall, it is relaxed and well compensated, but the lack of upward mobility and the level of influence that can exist there are detractors.
Pros
Relaxed, fairly substantial compensation in most cases
Cons
Somewhat political, not very easy upward mobility
Great place to work and nice people
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2017
MiraCosta is a beautiful college and very nice to work for. Management is organized and helpful, good communication. I worked part time and for a few months so that is my experience thus far.
Very fun, young crowd
Lead Tutor/Teaching Assistant - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 28, 2017
Very fun place to work in the tutoring center, but greatly reduced pay for the services you are offering. You will most likely want to supplement with private tutoring
Hands on Experience
Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAAugust 17, 2017
The instructors were very great and friendly to students, a typical day would begin with lecture then group up for the lab and begin working on cars, instructors were very eager to teach and assist during lab.
Pros
Mostly Hands on Experience
Enjoyed working with students
Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for an amazing program on campus and working along side other students and young children. I also enjoyed assisting people who were in need of Community Service or simply a lunch.
Cons
Not enough hours
Many job opportunities
Copy Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 18, 2017
Easy to get work in most departments if you like being temporary part-time with few options for permanent positions. Working with this campus in most offices for 8 years and applying multiple times for permanent positions and not getting one took its toll.
Then my manager told me to start looking for another job because of major budget cuts after hearing this for two 2 years I felt all my hard work was for not.
I quit.
Pros
A lot of work offered.
Cons
Most work was temporary part time difficult to secure permanent status.
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  OceansideJune 11, 2017
Working in MiraCosta College is the best opportunity I had. All facilities and staffs are nice and very educated. This experience pushed my limit, and brought a lot of chances in my life.
Communications Assistant
Marketing & Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 28, 2017
This is a great employer to work for, but it's very hard to get an interview-even if you are already doing the job as a student worker. The pay is really good and the atmosphere is very friendly.
Pros
Great pay, beautiful campus
Cons
Hard to land and interview
Excellent hands on training
Internship Sales Nursery (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 9, 2017
Horticuluture can be very physical and is diffinitely hands on with daily horticultural tasks such as learning about plant pests, plant diseases, plant nutrition, propagation and greenhouse mangement. The outdoor environment is a plus, whether it be raining out or a hot day plants need care. Management are real people persons with outsanding respect which inturn creates a positve atmosphere to work. Someone once said " love what your are doing and you'll never work a day in your life". This is so true of what I do .
Pros
Hands on
Cons
Student worker
Great working environment focused on student success
Student Activities Office (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Great people at various levels, full of opportunity to encourage students to strive for educational excellence. Everyday brings different opportunities for growth in acquiring skills.
Great environment
Oceanside Library Circulation Aide (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CANovember 10, 2016
Everyday I work with students, staff, and library card holders. No day is the same when it comes to communicating with the MiraCosta Community. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is happy at the end of each transaction, and I always go out of my way to exceed my own job expectations. I love the enjoyment of someone going out of their way and thanking me for my service to them and others.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Full-Time positions vastly unavailable
It is a wonderful educative place. The staff and professors are very helpful, nice and professionals.
Current Student (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 31, 2016
The institution is very good. It has different education's options and plans. Always helps to students in personal and educative issues. The staff and professors are very professional, with very nice attitude and help students. It is a wonderful and helpful school.
Pros
Nice people and place. Support in education and emotional situations.
Cons
No all classes have several schedules. Is difficult to work and to study in this way.
Great for college students
WRITING CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAOctober 24, 2016
The culture and the people are nice and they really take care of you whatever you may need to become a successful WC consultant. There are monthly training but they always provide food and give good feedback for making you a better consultant. They will also try to accommodate whatever schedule you might happen to need.
Pros
Free lunches during training, camaraderie, flexible schedule
Cons
observation of your consulting style during first semester